Care Refresh experience in UK
1196 5 2018-10-29
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
ovlovv70
lvl.2
Flight distance : 26020 ft
United Kingdom

Damaged gimbal,camera and props plus drone was outside in heavy rain for 2 days after hitting and falling from a 50 ft tree.My fault no excuses.
Contacted DJI in UK by phone very difficult to understand operator but got there in the end.
Went online paid my £80 (plus already paid Care refresh £99) for replacement and waited 24 hours for UPS prepaid label to Netherland which would have been £45.Although i was not told that they would send label.
Sent away on Thursday and new drone with used props came back to me through UPS the next Thursday after being to Netherland DJi.
Yippee. Cannot fault the service or speed of replacement.

You need the drone and replacement goes by serial no.I did not send a drone receipt but i sent my care refresh info which is downloadable.
This is for UK residents not all countries pay postage.
2018-10-29
Use props
Aardvark
Second Officer
Flight distance : 384432 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Was the £80 the 'service charge' as mentioned in the DJI care refresh FAQ 11 ?
Did you have to pay postage as well ? I've done one warranty return to Netherlands (faulty RC) and that was free postage with pre-paid label sent by email.

"DJI Care Refresh is bound to the product’s S/N. If you want to replace your product, contact DJI Support via phone, email, or live chat. Then send your product to a designated DJI repair center under the instruction of DJI Support staff. Our repair staff will conduct damage assessment and send you an invoice. After receiving the invoice, you can either choose to repair your product or replace the aircraft under DJI Care Refresh. You will receive a unit that is new or equivalent to new in performance and reliability after paying the service charge specified in your DJI Care Refresh Service Agreement. The replacement’s S/N will be automatically bound to your DJI Care Refresh plan."
2018-10-29
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

Hi ovlovv70, thanks for sharing your experience with our repair center, actually before submitting the online repair form, the system displays 'If you qualify for a return label, you will receive it within two working days. If not, you will be informed by email', I see you sent in the drone with the shipping label we provided, right?
Please test the flight performance and let us know if you have any further concern, thank you.
2018-10-29
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

Aardvark Posted at 2018-10-29 16:25
Was the £80 the 'service charge' as mentioned in the DJI care refresh FAQ 11 ?
Did you have to pay postage as well ? I've done one warranty return to Netherlands (faulty RC) and that was free postage with pre-paid label sent by email.

Hi Aardvark, yes, the OP uses the DJI Care Refresh Express, the service fee will need to be paid in advance, we will replace the drone once we receive it.
The shipping label is available in some countries, some are not, no matter if it is qualified, we will inform by email. Thanks for your attention.
2018-10-29
Use props
djiuser_RXlJwvzuXIfI
New

United Kingdom

If I did not buy DJI care refresh, will the shiping label be prepaid for a repair (covered by standard warenty) or will I have to pay for shiping myself.
2-7 16:02
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

djiuser_RXlJwvzuXIfI Posted at 2-7 16:02
If I did not buy DJI care refresh, will the shiping label be prepaid for a repair (covered by standard warenty) or will I have to pay for shiping myself.

Hi there, whether the freight cost is free or not depends on the result of damage assessment. When it is a warranty case after damage assessment, DJI is responsible to cover the shipping fee. If it is a paid repair, you need to cover it and it will be added on your quotation. Thanks for your kind understanding on this.
2-7 20:08
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules