#AUTUMN# Fall Feels + Some Tips
995 5 2018-10-30
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
M4veric17
lvl.3
Flight distance : 519715 ft
France

Hi there, here's my video trying to share with you fall feelings of my lady walking through the path along the river near some nice trees and countryside also including a nice lock. This was shot with my Mavic Pro on a sunny sunday afternoon.

Now regarding tips, i'd say one very important thing i would suggest is to try to captivate your audience with interesting things to look at (i hear some 'thank you Captain Obvious' ^^) and also trying to add some narrative to the whole. Storytelling always adds interests to your audience, bringing to them a bit more than just 'nice or even awesome aerial shots'. For instance, in this video, i tried to have a beginning (the walk from behind), a middle part (the lock) and an end (the final dronie).

The music is also very, very, very important. For this shoot i searched a while for a romantic or sad song which would have some interesting beats so that i could cut my footages on these. I found the one i used (by francis Preve) at https://www.youtube.com/audiolibrary/music?ar=1 (nice place to start with when searching for free audio, if you don't know it yet). You'll surely also have noticed (at least i hope so ^^) that 'walking though the leaves' noise that i added at my intro and that i found at the same place btw. I think adding nice real noise effects makes the video even more realistic and help people watching getting more involved with it. By the way, i here definitely recommend you use some nice pair of earphone for watching my video, especially if you're watching it on phone/tablet or latop as there are pretty good bass in the music that usual speakers on these type of unit will drastically miss.

I would also suggest to shoot as much as you can, but also with as much variety as possible. Even a few seconds of a specific shoot that you might think not good as a whole at 1st can be used, just partially, to alternate with other shoots and show various stuff.

For my edits, i used PowerDirector 17. I would also suggest not to use all the fancy transitions the editing softwares can offer. I mean, if you really want some kind of cinematic result, avoid using these, as i've never seen Brian de Palma or Christopher Nolan using eg some Domino transition in their movies and i have a pretty good idea of why they didn't ... ;) Fades and basic cuts are definitely your best friends.

I'm no expert at color grading so i here just used some basic automatic LUTs. Plus i don't have ND filters so far but i know this will be my next investement for sure.

I hope you will appreciate my video and that these small tips might help some of you. I'm actually not 100% satisfied with my video, as you can always improve your work and i would eg have prefer having something else to cut neart the end of my video than the small cascade water i used, but hey, i'm still learning

2018-10-30
Use props
DJI Panda
Administrator
Flight distance : 405039 ft
  • >>>
Hong Kong

Thanks for sharing your tips! Nice done.
2018-10-30
Use props
M4veric17
lvl.3
Flight distance : 519715 ft
France

DJI Panda Posted at 2018-10-30 19:12
Thanks for sharing your tips! Nice done.

Thanks for your comment DJI Panda
2018-10-31
Use props
A CW
Captain
Flight distance : 13838848 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Brilliant work!   
2018-11-4
Use props
M4veric17