Controller Won't update
2162 11 2018-10-30
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
agomez471
lvl.1

United States

I'm having an issue with the controller on my mavic 2 zoom not upgrading. Any time I try to update on my phone the update says it fails as soon as I start the update. I've tried reinstalling the app and it didn't change anything. If I use the DJI Assistant 2 app on my computer, it will say it completed the upgrade but still show that it hasn't upgraded when I close the success popup. Trying to factory reset it with the DJI Assistant app fails as well. Is this a faulty device?
2018-10-30
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator

Hi, sorry to hear about that. May I know if the battery level is above 50% during upgrading? Also, Can you provide a sample video so that we can check it on our end? You can upload it using google-drive or Dropbox and provide the link here. Please keep us posted for further help. Thank you.
2018-10-30
Use props
agomez471
lvl.1

United States

DJI Natalia Posted at 2018-10-30 12:52
Hi, sorry to hear about that. May I know if the battery level is above 50% during upgrading? Also, Can you provide a sample video so that we can check it on our end? You can upload it using google-drive or Dropbox and provide the link here. Please keep us posted for further help. Thank you.

Yes it is above 50% when attempting to upgrade. What part would you like the video of?
2018-10-30
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator

agomez471 Posted at 2018-10-30 13:01
Yes it is above 50% when attempting to upgrade. What part would you like the video of?

Hi, thanks for the quick response. Please show us a sample video of the remote controller being updated via DJI Assistant 2. Thank you.
2018-10-30
Use props
agomez471
lvl.1

United States

DJI Natalia Posted at 2018-10-30 13:08
Hi, thanks for the quick response. Please show us a sample video of the remote controller being updated via DJI Assistant 2. Thank you.

Here is a video of the controller at 100% and the update starting.
https://drive.google.com/open?id ... 4F2eW3UfnFLANdi2KnT

Here is one of the update finishing but not showing as upgraded. After this update the phone app still shows the controller as the old version. Also included is the failed factory reset.
https://drive.google.com/open?id ... UuVDPi0yprUbLMWzLmE
2018-10-30
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator

agomez471 Posted at 2018-10-30 13:19
Here is a video of the controller at 100% and the update starting.
https://drive.google.com/open?id=11s5ULAWHKeFoe4F2eW3UfnFLANdi2KnT

Hi. Please be advised that you will need to restart your RC after you successfully updated the firmware. Can you please try to restart your remote controller and re-connect it to your Laptop. Let's see if this will work. Thank you.
2018-10-30
Use props
agomez471
lvl.1

United States

DJI Natalia Posted at 2018-10-30 14:04
Hi. Please be advised that you will need to restart your RC after you successfully updated the firmware. Can you please try to restart your remote controller and re-connect it to your Mac book. Let's see if this will work. Thank you.

It still gives me the same results, asking if I want to upgrade. Factory reset also continues to fail. I am using a Surface Book 2 if that helps as well.
2018-10-30
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator

agomez471 Posted at 2018-10-30 14:15
It still gives me the same results, asking if I want to upgrade. Factory reset also continues to fail. I am using a Surface Book 2 if that helps as well.

Can you please try to use different PC or laptop?
2018-10-30
Use props
agomez471
lvl.1

United States

DJI Natalia Posted at 2018-10-30 14:20
Can you please try to use different PC or laptop?

It does the same thing on my other PC. I have noticed that it goes straight from the download screen to the update complete screen. No installing screen.
2018-10-30
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator

agomez471 Posted at 2018-10-30 14:40
It does the same thing on my other PC. I have noticed that it goes straight from the download screen to the update complete screen. No installing screen.

I do really apologize for the inconvenience that this caused you. I'm afraid that you may consider to send it in for data analysis. We have professional analysis team who will help to figure out the reason. You may also go to this link: https://www.dji.com/support. Should you have further question, please don't hesitate to reach us. Thanks for your understanding.
2018-10-30
Use props
Alexander Torres
New

United States

Was this resolved ? Have same exact issue right now
2021-2-22
Use props
agomez471
lvl.1

United States

Alexander Torres Posted at 2-22 18:36