Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
New Simulator
4388 39 2018-10-30
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Hummingbird.UAV
First Officer
Flight distance : 8351585 ft
  • >>>
Canada

Got the new windows simulator to work with a Phantom 4 and Mavic Air controller.  Only partially worked with a Mavic Pro controller.  (No view change & No C2 command). Did not work at all with my Spark controller.  I guess its because windows did not install any drivers for it.   Phantom flew nice.  Mavic Air not so realistic, drifted to much even after sticks released.  Best quality 1080P video very good.  Works on windows only.  NOTE  power up your controller then connect it to a USB port and wait for the drivers to install before starting the simulator.  Use the micro usb jack on the controllers not the big ones.
The simulator can be downloaded here https://www.dji.com/simulator

If you don't know about it here is a video.

2018-10-30
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hi Hummingbird.UAV. Thank you for this helpful information you have shared with us today. Thank you for your support.
2018-10-30
Use props
Hummingbird.UAV
First Officer
  • >>>
Canada

DJI Stephen Posted at 2018-10-30 13:58
Hi Hummingbird.UAV. Thank you for this helpful information you have shared with us today. Thank you for your support.

You are welcome.  After a little more testing I have it working with a Mavic Pro controller too.  I had to learn the keyboard hot keys for changing the views and flight modes.  Doesn't seem to want to exit to the main menu after a flight.  Found I have to CTL/ALT/Del it. (just with the Mavic Pro controller though).
The Mavic Air did fly as expected in GPS mode, it was in ATTI mode when I first tested it.
2018-10-30
Use props
LifeOfDrone1
New

Canada

It would be nice if DJI stores had these on the floor so we can test them out!
2018-10-30
Use props
jacksonnai
Captain
Malaysia

Thanks for sharing the information
2018-10-30
Use props
RedHotPoker
Captain
Flight distance : 165105 ft
Canada

It looks more like a regular flight SIM now, like RealFlight.

Too bad us with our meager Phantom 3 Pro get neglected, from the SiM upgrade. Stingy beggars. Haha

RedHotPoker
2018-10-30
Use props
Hummingbird.UAV
First Officer
  • >>>
Canada

RedHotPoker Posted at 2018-10-30 19:06

Too bad us with our meager Phantom 3 Pro get neglected, from the SiM upgrade. Stingy beggars. Haha

Your P3 controller should work with the simulator.  My P4 controller was interchangeable with my P3 one.
2018-10-30
Use props
RedHotPoker
Captain
Canada

Hummingbird.UAV Posted at 2018-10-30 19:14
Your P3 controller should work with the simulator.  My P4 controller was interchangeable with my P3 one.

Would I sit next to my computer, to use it, with a meter long USB cable?
I see it includes Phantom Series on the download page. Not sure if our Phantom 3 Pro with Air2 is adequate.
RedHotPoker
2018-10-30
Use props
Hummingbird.UAV
First Officer
  • >>>
Canada

RedHotPoker Posted at 2018-10-30 19:19
Would I sit next to my computer, to use it, with a meter long USB cable?

Guess so, that's what I do.  You need a good gamer computer to get the best out of the simulator.
2018-10-30
Use props
RedHotPoker
Captain
Canada

Hummingbird.UAV Posted at 2018-10-30 19:24
Guess so, that's what I do.  You need a good gamer computer to get the best out of the simulator.

Ok Dang, I have an awesome hp tower... ha

I might have to try this, for the heck of it. Now if it works well, I’ll buy a longer USB cable.

Are you using the Free Trial Version?

RedHotPoker

2018-10-30
Use props
Bashy
First Officer
Flight distance : 2354357 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Looks like Farcry 1
2018-10-30
Use props
Bashy
First Officer
  • >>>
United Kingdom

I couldnt get it to work with my P4P controller, dont think its my USB cable as its a high quality blue USB 3.0 cable, oh well, saves me some money in the long run lol
2018-10-30
Use props
RedHotPoker
Captain
Canada

Bashy Posted at 2018-10-30 21:44
I couldnt get it to work with my P4P controller, dont think its my USB cable as its a high quality blue USB 3.0 cable, oh well, saves me some money in the long run lol

Then why bother trying with my Phantom 3 Pro RC?

Too bad...

If anyone else gets it working with an older RC, please let us know? & post your experience, using it. Thanks.

RedHotPoker
2018-10-30
Use props
jacksonnai
Captain
Malaysia

Thanks for sharing
2018-10-30
Use props
RedHotPoker
Captain
Canada

See Post #5. ;-)

DA72C570-7447-4B9A-B3D6-960F5B5292B9.png

RedHotPoker
2018-10-30
Use props
jacksonnai
Captain
Malaysia

Oh ya did not realize that but there a a lot of post taking about this
2018-10-31
Use props
RedHotPoker
Captain
Canada

jacksonnai Posted at 2018-10-31 00:13
Oh ya did not realize that but there a a lot of post taking about this

Ha. Yeah, I wonder how many more will get posted? Grinning

RedHotPoker
2018-10-31
Use props
Hummingbird.UAV
First Officer
  • >>>
Canada

Update already.
2018-10-31
Use props
djiuser_4mHwmVx36YCC
lvl.1
Flight distance : 35692 ft
Italy

hi Hummingbird.UAV, thank you for the information. I'm trying to install free version but i have "Error 005_000 {000/086}" . Someone with the same problem?
2018-10-31
Use props
N3CAL
lvl.2
Flight distance : 20778 ft
United States

Install was a bit confusing at first!  Downloaded the launcher and ran it,  once it was run it came up and said the launcher version I installed was old and it uninstalled it and installed an updated launcher.  After all that I ran the icon it installed and logged into my account (selected Trial Version),  then had to select the empty directory for the  launcher to install the program to ,  it had created created (DJI Flight Simulator) and then do another install of the actual program which I kept getting "Error 005_000xxxx but after a few retry it started downloading the actual program which is several gigs.  It finally installed and will run but it does not recognize my Mavic Air Controller or my Phantom Pro 4 V2.0 controller.  I also tried flying using the keyboard but does not recognize keybord inputs other than "W,S A,D"  It will not take off.  

It's pretty frustrating and not worth paying for it yet.  It needs work.  You cant even use a mouse with it!    I'm done.  Waste of time unless there is a secret to getting the controllers to be recognized??  Maybe a controller driver missing?   

Also Only way to exit is a Ctr alt Dlt....

2018-10-31
Use props
Foxtato
lvl.1
Flight distance : 79810 ft

United States

RedHotPoker Posted at 2018-10-30 19:06

My Phantom 3 Pro controller DOES work with it, absolutely just fine, give it a shot mate!!
2018-10-31
Use props
RedHotPoker
Captain
Canada

Foxtato Posted at 2018-10-31 09:55
My Phantom 3 Pro controller DOES work with it, absolutely just fine, give it a shot mate!!

Thanks for the update, info. That’s awesome.

Yes, I will, most certainly. Looks like fun.

If it worked great, I may purchase next level one...

RedHotPoker
2018-10-31
Use props
Foxtato
lvl.1

United States

RedHotPoker Posted at 2018-10-31 10:40
Thanks for the update, info. That’s awesome.

Yes, I will, most certainly. Looks like fun.

Yeah, I'm not sure what the cost is, but after this, it's definitely not a hard no..! Of course, if it's between the next level and a second battery for my P3P... easy decision, LOL!
2018-10-31
Use props
RedHotPoker
Captain
Canada

Foxtato Posted at 2018-10-31 10:45
Yeah, I'm not sure what the cost is, but after this, it's definitely not a hard no..! Of course, if it's between the next level and a second battery for my P3P... easy decision, LOL!

Just start posting more frequently, and get that battery free.

Go get em...

RedHotPoker
2018-10-31
Use props
Foxtato
lvl.1

United States

RedHotPoker Posted at 2018-10-31 10:49
Just start posting more frequently, and get that battery free.

Go get em...

You said that moments after I just discovered the whole 'exchange forum points for credit' thing. That's a sweet deal!
2018-10-31
Use props
RedHotPoker
Captain
Canada

Foxtato Posted at 2018-10-31 10:52
You said that moments after I just discovered the whole 'exchange forum points for credit' thing. That's a sweet deal!

Yes, DJI, have a knack, of keeping the natives at peace... haha

Sweet Grass smudge...

D41CDBA1-2766-48FA-AED6-50C0848DDC94.jpeg

RedHotPoker
2018-10-31
Use props
ChavaLozVi
lvl.3
Flight distance : 89738 ft

Mexico

Thanks for the info.
2018-10-31
Use props
Hummingbird.UAV
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

N3CAL Posted at 10-31 09:11
Install was a bit confusing at first!  Downloaded the launcher and ran it,  once it was run it came up and said the launcher version I installed was old and it uninstalled it and installed an updated launcher.  After all that I ran the icon it installed and logged into my account (selected Trial Version),  then had to select the empty directory for the  launcher to install the program to ,  it had created created (DJI Flight Simulator) and then do another install of the actual program which I kept getting "Error 005_000xxxx but after a few retry it started downloading the actual program which is several gigs.  It finally installed and will run but it does not recognize my Mavic Air Controller or my Phantom Pro 4 V2.0 controller.  I also tried flying using the keyboard but does not recognize keybord inputs other than "W,S A,D"  It will not take off.  

It's pretty frustrating and not worth paying for it yet.  It needs work.  You cant even use a mouse with it!    I'm done.  Waste of time unless there is a secret to getting the controllers to be recognized??  Maybe a controller driver missing?   

I found that you can exit by pressing the “P” key which brings up a menu.
2018-11-2
Use props
FatherXmas
Second Officer
Flight distance : 4058619 ft
  • >>>
United States

What does it cost in the USA? When I click on the OP's link, it says 'Contact Us' - I'd like to know how much before I do that.
2018-11-2
Use props
Hummingbird.UAV
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

FatherXmas Posted at 11-2 11:45
What does it cost in the USA? When I click on the OP's link, it says 'Contact Us' - I'd like to know how much before I do that.

The opps links are to get codes for the higher versions.  The base version has a place to enter the opps codes to upgrade it, so basically there is only one download.  Cannot state the link as I am on vacation for 3 weeks and don’t have access to a good computer to look it up.  Maybe the upper posts in the thread have the download link.
2018-11-2
Use props
djiuser_4mHwmVx36YCC
lvl.1
Italy

Install was a bit confusing at first!  Downloaded the launcher and ran it,  once it was run it came up and said the launcher version I installed was old and it uninstalled it and installed an updated launcher.  After all that I ran the icon it installed and logged into my account (selected Trial Version),  then had to select the empty directory for the  launcher to install the program to ,  it had created created (DJI Flight Simulator) and then do another install of the actual program which I kept getting "Error 005_000xxxx but after a few retry it started downloading the actual program which is several gigs.  It finally installed and will run but it does not recognize my Mavic Air Controller or my Phantom Pro 4 V2.0 controller.  I also tried flying using the keyboard but does not recognize keybord inputs other than "W,S A,D"  It will not take off.  

Hi N3CAL, thank you for your "installation telling". I'll try to download the installation files. About RC use, I read the drivers are in one of directory downloaded

2018-11-3
Use props
djiuser_4mHwmVx36YCC
lvl.1
Italy

Install was a bit confusing at first!  Downloaded the launcher and ran it,  once it was run it came up and said the launcher version I installed was old and it uninstalled it and installed an updated launcher.  After all that I ran the icon it installed and logged into my account (selected Trial Version),  then had to select the empty directory for the  launcher to install the program to ,  it had created created (DJI Flight Simulator) and then do another install of the actual program which I kept getting "Error 005_000xxxx but after a few retry it started downloading the actual program which is several gigs.  It finally installed and will run but it does not recognize my Mavic Air Controller or my Phantom Pro 4 V2.0 controller.  I also tried flying using the keyboard but does not recognize keybord inputs other than "W,S A,D"  It will not take off.  

Hi N3CAL, thank you for your "installation telling". I'll try to download the installation files. About RC use, I read the drivers are in one of directory downloaded
2018-11-3
Use props
Adorp
New
Mexico

djiuser_4mHwmVx36YCC Posted at 10-31 08:42
hi Hummingbird.UAV, thank you for the information. I'm trying to install free version but i have "Error 005_000 {000/086}" . Someone with the same problem?

Hi,

Just create a folder named "DFS" and install the program in it.
2018-11-3
Use props
Spacetrakker
Second Officer
Flight distance : 115384 ft
Australia

Foxtato Posted at 10-31 09:55

At what stage did you plug the controller into the computer USB slot. Before starting the sim or after? My sim runs but does not recognize or connect to my P3A controller. The computer does however show a DJI controller connected in the "Printer and devices menu Any thoughts?
2018-11-4
Use props
Hummingbird.UAV
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

Adorp Posted at 11-3 18:11
Hi,

Just create a folder named "DFS" and install the program in it.

That’s good news, hopefully you can get it to work with your Spark controller.
2018-11-4
Use props
Cinema Captura
lvl.2

Canada

Looks very useful!
2018-11-7
Use props
Bashy
First Officer
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Use the micro usb jack on the controllers not the big ones.

Well, that will explain lot......  one will have another go
2018-11-8
Use props
DeepFriedOprah
lvl.3
Flight distance : 1709094 ft
United States

FatherXmas Posted at 2018-11-2 11:45
What does it cost in the USA? When I click on the OP's link, it says 'Contact Us' - I'd like to know how much before I do that.

I contacted DJI and they put me in touch with a local dealer and they said the cost was $1,300.00, no thanks DJI
2019-3-20
Use props
FatherXmas
Second Officer
Flight distance : 4058619 ft
  • >>>
United States

DeepFriedOprah Posted at 3-20 21:27
I contacted DJI and they put me in touch with a local dealer and they said the cost was $1,300.00, no thanks DJI

That's a wee bit more than I'd consider paying.
2019-3-21
Use props
DeepFriedOprah
lvl.3
Flight distance : 1709094 ft
United States

FatherXmas Posted at 3-21 07:31
That's a wee bit more than I'd consider paying.

I think its rather steep too!!
2019-3-21
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules