Current RTH route will pass through NFZ
1993 13 2018-10-30
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
HedsIc
lvl.4
Flight distance : 478757 ft
United States

I was hoping someone could shed some light. This started happening yesterday evening. I now get this warning while at home. Before yesterday, I never recieved this message and have flown in my back yard hundreds of times.

The screenshots have it claiming my RTH route will pass an NFZ while its on the ground and not even flying.

As you can see, there are no NFZ zones showing on the map anywhere in my direct vacinity. The 2 NFZ zones that do show are no where within my flight path or near me and im outside of the 5 mile zone from our airport.

Its pretty annoying because if I close the warning, it just pops right back up.

Screenshot_20181030-193650.jpg
Screenshot_20181030-193715.jpg
2018-10-30
Use props
HedsIc
lvl.4
United States

Yeah, it was enough to make me not want to attempt to fly it. When I did take it outside and try to take off everything seemed to work just fine except my path line on the map was red instead of green.. I was worried that at any random time it would start to auto land itself though. It is really strange though that's for sure.
2018-10-31
Use props
Sato Zoom 2
lvl.4
Flight distance : 3172890 ft
United States

Are you guys using iOS or Android?  I ask because I haven't seen this problem.......yet.  I just wonder if this is another Android issue or should I worry about seeing this error too sometime in the near future in iOS.....?
2018-10-31
Use props
Woe
Captain
Flight distance : 4129268 ft
  • >>>
United States

Sato Zoom 2 Posted at 2018-10-31 03:56
Are you guys using iOS or Android?  I ask because I haven't seen this problem.......yet.  I just wonder if this is another Android issue or should I worry about seeing this error too sometime in the near future in iOS.....?

I have seen this before once and yes on IOS.

When I see it I make sure not fly in that direction.
2018-10-31
Use props
Sky Carrier
lvl.4
Flight distance : 590102 ft
Netherlands

Not yet seen this. And I'm running on iOS 12 developers beta version. Will pay attention however. Thanks for sharing
2018-10-31
Use props
HedsIc
lvl.4
United States

I am using a Samsung Note8 myself. I do have an older iPhone 6 I think it is so if that is even still compatible, I will try that and see if it still gives me the same message.  It pops up no matter what direction the drone is facing despite there being no NFZ near the RTH path at all. I checked Airmap as well and nothing. I am going to take it out to the country after work as well just to see if I get the same message while in the middle of no-where.
2018-10-31
Use props
M Stuart K
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1267717 ft
  • >>>
United States

HedsIc Posted at 2018-10-31 05:27
I am using a Samsung Note8 myself. I do have an older iPhone 6 I think it is so if that is even still compatible, I will try that and see if it still gives me the same message.  It pops up no matter what direction the drone is facing despite there being no NFZ near the RTH path at all. I checked Airmap as well and nothing. I am going to take it out to the country after work as well just to see if I get the same message while in the middle of no-where.

I have also started getting this warning in places I never received it before.  In addition; a couple of days ago I received an actual verbal computerized voice message warning me that I was about to enter a NFZ.  I think it is coming from all of the updates that DJI sends called the Fly Safe Database.  In the future I will not update this database unless I absolutely have to.  I am also on IOS.  
2018-10-31
Use props
HedsIc
lvl.4
United States

M Stuart K Posted at 2018-10-31 06:12
I have also started getting this warning in places I never received it before.  In addition; a couple of days ago I received an actual verbal computerized voice message warning me that I was about to enter a NFZ.  I think it is coming from all of the updates that DJI sends called the Fly Safe Database.  In the future I will not update this database unless I absolutely have to.  I am also on IOS.

I actually had a Fly Safe Database update that I didn't do before getting this message. That prompted me to decide to try doing the update hoping maybe it would make it go away but it didn't.
2018-10-31
Use props
Glenn Goodlett
lvl.4
Flight distance : 27978153 ft
  • >>>
United States

I have gotten the same message recently. Flying with a CS.
2018-10-31
Use props
HedsIc
lvl.4
United States

DJI Moderators... any ideas?
2018-10-31
Use props
M4BMW
lvl.4
United States

Android 9+ Samsung. Have gotten numerous notifications.
2018-10-31
Use props
rm708410
lvl.3
United States

I also received the same error. In my case it was in an area that is flagged as the outer fringe of a college football restriction, but it wasn't during the day or time of the restriction. It didn't affect the actual return-to-home though or any part of my flights at that location. I haven't had a chance to fly again since then, so can't comment on a completely open area.
2018-10-31
Use props
ff22
lvl.4
United States

rm708410 Posted at 2018-10-31 17:21
I also received the same error. In my case it was in an area that is flagged as the outer fringe of a college football restriction, but it wasn't during the day or time of the restriction. It didn't affect the actual return-to-home though or any part of my flights at that location. I haven't had a chance to fly again since then, so can't comment on a completely open area.

About a week ago, was was prohibited from flying due to one of those temporary NO FLY ZONES.  I am just about two miles (as a drone flies) from the UW Husky football stadium.  I was in my backyard and the warning appeared and never allowed me to launch.  I had flown there just the day before.  I was not happy.  I had no intention of crossing the boundary of my 5,400 sq ft lot.  
2018-10-31
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

Hi thanks for reaching the DJI Forum. We do apologize for the confusion or troubles you faced recently. You may refer to this Forum link for more information https://forum.dji.com/thread-170460-1-1.html about your issue. We thank you for your continued support.
2018-11-4
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules