1096 6 2018-10-30
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Burlingtonfilms
lvl.4
Flight distance : 108550 ft
  • >>>
Canada

Is there any way to fix these problems?  Maybe a future update to fix both issues?

2018-10-30
Use props
A CW
Captain
Flight distance : 13838848 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Interesting vid - thanks for sharing  
2018-10-31
Use props
fansa84fe8a4
lvl.4
Flight distance : 3 ft
United States

Interesting.

I've had two issues with the DJI cameras not being in alignment where the sensors were tilted and not perpendicular with the lens.  I could see the issue with focus comparing right side to left side.

Wonder if the onion skin could be due to poor alignment of the sensor plane?
2018-10-31
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello Burlingtonfilms. Good day and thank you for sharing video to us. Rest assured I will forward this thread to our R&D Teams for further development of the product. Thank you for your support with DJI.
2018-10-31
Use props
davidmartingraf
Second Officer
Flight distance : 106566408 ft
  • >>>
United States

Nicely done - thanks again for sharing!
2018-11-1
Use props
Barry Goyette
lvl.4
Flight distance : 14928 ft
  • >>>
United States

fansa84fe8a4 Posted at 10-31 06:41
Interesting.

I've had two issues with the DJI cameras not being in alignment where the sensors were tilted and not perpendicular with the lens.  I could see the issue with focus comparing right side to left side.

This generally is an issue with the lens...it's referred to as "centering"...essentially a lens element is out of alignment and shifts the focus plane. It's been a common issue with some of the micro 4/3 lenses for the x5s (made by Olympus).

The onion skin looks curiously similar to some of the issues that have been reported  by a few users, as colored bands with certain lenses on the x7. I'm. wondering if it's not a software problem. I haven't seen anything like this with my x7, but I don't point it at flashlights very much...

The black hole sun phenomenon is an issue that all cmos sensors have. And appears to be rather minimal in the case of DJI's camera. I've not seen it once with my x7, but I also don't regularly "try" to make it happen by deliberately exposing the sun at 3-5 stops above saturation. I've found when I expose the sun at saturation (maximum exposure recorded by the sensor), I get a very nice "round' wave form peak...meaning no reversal of tones. The X7 is capable of recording a full range of tones from direct sun to reasonably open shadows. Over exposing the sun beyond 3 stops, is probably not making best use of the DR of the sensor.
2018-11-1
Use props
fansa84fe8a4
lvl.4
Flight distance : 3 ft
United States

Barry now that you mention it, I have seen what is called solarization where the lights become dark and reversed in over-exposed shots even on my Olympus camera when I was shooting in monochromatic mode through a red filter.  The camera's metering system got fooled and had me overexpose it by a lot.  The clouds became black and the sky became white which is opposite than what I expected to happen (Red filter usually darkens sky and whitens clouds.).  Once I dialed the exposure down, the image looked better and didn't reverse (solarize.).  The amount over-exposure where it reversed was maybe only a stop or so, but it was baffling for a  while.
2018-11-3
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules