Polarizer: how to remove reflection off grass with Polar pro ND16/PL
878 3 2018-10-30
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Venexiano
lvl.2
United States

Dear all,

I have Vivid Polar pro lenses ( https://www.amazon.com/gp/produc ... e?ie=UTF8&psc=1 ). I am using the ND16/PL on a Phantom 4 pro . We are shooting still pictures with the camera pointing down vertically (at Nadir) and the drone moving horizontally at a fixed altitude. How should the polarizer be rotated to remove the reflection from the grass as much as possible?

Thank you
2018-10-30
Use props
Labroides
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 9991457 ft
  • >>>
Australia

Polarizers are awkward to use on a drone because they have to be oriented to the sun.
If you get it properly set up and turn your drone left or right, it's not going to be properly aligned relative to the sun.
2018-10-30
Use props
KrisMinnear
lvl.3
Flight distance : 6428340 ft
  • >>>
United States

I typically look through the polarizer off-camera and rotate it while facing the same direction and angle I intend to take the picture at.  While rotating, note the position of the polarizer when you find the least amount of glare and mount it on the camera at this same rotational position.  You can often use the lettering on the outside of the polarizer, or make a small mark with a pencil for a temporary rotation marker.  If you see little or no change while rotating and looking through it, try different angles, lighting conditions, or time of day.  In certain conditions, they simply do no good at all, and you are best to just use the clear factory cap, or an ND filter.
2018-10-31
Use props
Manxmann
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1178793 ft
Australia

I have given up trying to polarise my filter.   Flight changes need constant filter changes - - mmm  not easy in flight !??
I have a set of ND/CPL filters,  4,8,16.  Now I just use one position/setting for the CPL.
2018-11-5
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules