38284 66 2018-10-30
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
dancopter
Second Officer
Flight distance : 17901030 ft
  • >>>
United Arab Emirates

Has anyone tried this yet? Looks like the non-commercial version is free to download(?).

https://www.dji.com/simulator

2018-10-30
Use props
almj
New
Flight distance : 8245 ft

New Zealand

Anyone successfully connected mavic air remote?
Simulator opening fine but no controls.
I've tried rebooting, changing cables, turning remote off and on...

Please help! Thanks
2018-10-31
Use props
jacksonnai
Captain
Malaysia

Thanks for sharing
2018-10-31
Use props
A CW
Captain
Flight distance : 13877205 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Looks very cool   
2018-10-31
Use props
nickedw
lvl.4
Flight distance : 2177287 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

I did, but can't get it to run. Updated to a new version this morning but still the same issue. Black Screen and DjiArenaGame not responding in Task Manager.
2018-10-31
Use props
ParideM
Captain
Flight distance : 6103757 ft
  • >>>
Switzerland

It's funny, yesterday some minutes after announcement I create the same thread adding that isn't available for macOS devices and my thread it's cancelled.....ok......thanks a lot ....

the thread.....
2018-10-31
Use props
Luca Rubino
Second Officer
Flight distance : 711512 ft
  • >>>
Italy

Not for MacOS?? DJI products are sold in any Apple Store, but they don't care about Apple costumers?
2018-10-31
Use props
Velospinner
Second Officer
Flight distance : 532671 ft
  • >>>
Switzerland

maybe it's coming in the next days...

keep fingers crossed
2018-10-31
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello Dancopter. Thank you for sharing this DJI Simulator video with us and thank you for supporting DJI.
2018-10-31
Use props
BumblerBee
Second Officer
Flight distance : 639764 ft
Norway

Wow! Really, really nice, and much needed too.
ATTI mode training is very much welcome.
I am going to try this out.
And it's definitely a good thing to have for the winter no-flight months so as to keep the skills sharp.
2018-10-31
Use props
BumblerBee
Second Officer
Norway

PS A question to the FAQ: Flight Simulator supports the DJI remote controllers for the Phantom 4, Phantom 4 Advanced, Phantom 4 Pro, Phantom 4 Pro V2.0, Lightbridge 2, M600 Pro and Mavic Air. Support for the Mavic 2 series remote controllers is coming soon.
I don't see Mavic Pro in the list. Is it supported?
2018-10-31
Use props
El Kab0ng
Second Officer
Flight distance : 156499 ft
  • >>>
United States

BumblerBee Posted at 2018-10-31 11:09
PS A question to the FAQ: Flight Simulator supports the DJI remote controllers for the Phantom 4, Phantom 4 Advanced, Phantom 4 Pro, Phantom 4 Pro V2.0, Lightbridge 2, M600 Pro and Mavic Air. Support for the Mavic 2 series remote controllers is coming soon.

Well that would be a bummer if it wasn't...
2018-10-31
Use props
BumblerBee
Second Officer
Norway

Well, this may be a bummer: A computer with a Windows 10 system is required to run the program.
I am using Windows 7 (as quite a lot of other people do), and Win 8 and 10 are permanently banned from my home network.

Anyway, attempting to install in Win7 now.

The system otherwise matches the recommended requirements: nVidia GTX 1080 with 8GB VRAM (416.34 nVidia driver), 32BG RAM, Core i7-3930K 6 core/12 threads, 4GHz
The screen is a 4K UHD Acer XB321HK. G-Sync was initially enabled for both full screen and windowed modes.

1. Installation. Ran the installer, but after it opened, the whole desktop became laggy with occasional freezes. still managed to sign in and run the installer (typing email and password at 1 character per minute). Downloaded 2.4GB of data. Launched dji_usb_5512_64_108.exe manually and installed the drivers. Connecting the Mavic Pro controller through mini USB port gave an error of unrecognised hardware.
2. Launch. The sim started, but the screen went black. After a minute or two some blocky, bud discernible image of the main menu appeared (see screenshot). Had to reboot the machine to get back the control.

I got the creeping suspicion that the sinm does not want to work with G-Sync, so I disabled it.

3. Started the launcher - no lagging, so it was G-Sync and DJI not playing along. At this moment it again started donloading 2.4GB of data (possibly because of the hard reset before). After it finished downloading, I closed the launcher and reopened it again to make sure the progress is preserved.

4. Pressed start from the launcher and got into the main menu. I am as yet to figure out how to get my Mavic Pro controller working... There are optiones to use keyboard for the control. And mouse is entirely disabled.

The problem with G-Sync is strange, as I have not experienced it with other games/programs.

sim.jpg
2018-10-31
Use props
BumblerBee
Second Officer
Norway

And the final update: It (sort of) works! And with G-Sync enabled, but only for full screen mode.

I've got a limited functionality out of Mavic Pro controller: both left and right sticks, as well as the gimbal dial work fine. The other buttons and the right wheel perform no actions. It looks like the sim uses Lightbridge controller.

This is actually enough to fly as you can use keyboard for the other needs. Just memorise the keyboard shortcuts, like C for camera view change, F for battery change (in pilot walk mode, to which you can toggle using J button), ENTER to set the environment (wind, stick sensitivity, signal quality). https://sim.djicdn.com/Doc/manual/manual_en.pdf

The resolution is limited to 1080p, which is a pity when one has a 4K display.

The sim is an excellent way to train ATTI mode - actually, that's what I flew Mavic Pro in on this first trial flight around the skyscrapers

If anyone finds where the images taken with H key are saved (if they are saved), please speak up
2018-10-31
Use props
marklyn59
lvl.4
Flight distance : 395072 ft
United States

Lord. I have an i7-4770 and this thing lags like no one's business. So much so it's useless to me.Plus I've connected the controller with a MicroUSB to computer and it doesn't recognize controller.
Don't think this is ready for primetime.
2018-10-31
Use props
BumblerBee
Second Officer
Norway

marklyn59 Posted at 2018-10-31 14:22
Lord. I have an i7-4770 and this thing lags like no one's business. So much so it's useless to me.Plus I've connected the controller with a MicroUSB to computer and it doesn't recognize controller.

Well, my CPU is older at i7-3930K, though it's overclocked. I think the problem is in the graphics routines. Firestrike benchmark on my system lies at about 100fps (though capped to 60fps by the monitor) in the native 3840x2160 resolution. DJI Simulator runs at 35-50 fps in the city environment in 1080p.

As for the RC control, did you run dji_usb_5512_64_108.exe, which can be found in the installer directory.
Also note that you must connect and turn on the RC before starting the sim. Windows complained about the unrecognised device, but I could still use the sticks and the gimbal wheel in the sim. You can also use the left stick up/down to navigate the menus.

Though I agree, this is still an early beta.
2018-10-31
Use props
marklyn59
lvl.4
Flight distance : 395072 ft
United States

BumblerBee Posted at 2018-10-31 15:22
Well, my CPU is older at i7-3930K, though it's overclocked. I think the problem is in the graphics routines. Firestrike benchmark on my system lies at about 100fps (though capped to 60fps by the monitor). DJI Simulator runs at 35-50 fps in the city environment.

As for the RC control, did you run dji_usb_5512_64_108.exe, which can be found in the installer directory.

Yes, running the USB drivers didn't seem to make a difference.  I still cannot connect to my controller.  Frustrating since this looks like something I'd really like to try to use to improve flight skills.
2018-10-31
Use props
BykeAT
lvl.1
Flight distance : 61496 ft
  • >>>
Russia

Hello I have fixed the Simulator program. Computer fully complies with system requirements. The DJI Assistan 2 app sees my remote from P4PV2.0. The latest firmware is installed on the console itself. But DJI simulator does not see the remote. I changed different USB cables, rebooted the computer, nothing helps. With Keyboard DJI simulator works fine. but it is impossible to fly from the keyboard. In what could
2018-11-1
Use props
BumblerBee
Second Officer
Norway

BykeAT Posted at 11-1 05:56
Hello I have fixed the Simulator program. Computer fully complies with system requirements. The DJI Assistan 2 app sees my remote from P4PV2.0. The latest firmware is installed on the console itself. But DJI simulator does not see the remote. I changed different USB cables, rebooted the computer, nothing helps. With Keyboard DJI simulator works fine. but it is impossible to fly from the keyboard. In what could

Check if you see "Vision (Interface3)" under "libusb-win32 devices" in the Device Manager.
Today when I started the sim, my controller was not picked up at first as I powered it up after the launcher was started.
Powered it down, closed the sin AND the launcher, then followed these steps:
1. Power on the RC
2. Plug it in.
3. Wait for about 15 seconds (or monitor the Device Manager until libusb-win32 appears in the list)

4. Start the launcher
5. Click on Start to launch the sim.

My biggest peeves as of now: the resolution is limited to 1080p and there seems to be no way to view photos and videos taken in sim-flight. The sim mentions a Gallery, but I cannot find it.

libusb driver.png
2018-11-1
Use props
B1houdini
First Officer
Flight distance : 927927 ft
United States

BumblerBee Posted at 10-31 11:09

I was about to download it but also noticed that it did not say it supported the Mavic Pro.
I wonder if anyone has tried it yet with a MP controller?
2018-11-1
Use props
BumblerBee
Second Officer
Norway

B1houdini Posted at 11-1 10:57
I was about to download it but also noticed that it did not say it supported the Mavic Pro.
I wonder if anyone has tried it yet with a MP controller?

I did, and it works (partially - sticks and gimbal wheel, but no buttons). Check my posts above.
2018-11-1
Use props
pixelmutation
New
United Kingdom

Hey, just so you know, the P3S controller works for the simulator. I just installed driver and assistant 2 (may not have affected it). You of course need to use the keyboard for some actions. Not sure about other P3 controllers. Also, if the launcher does not install it corrrectly, run it as admin. Also I had a weird issue of my mouse disappearing after running the simulator...?
2018-11-1
Use props
KlooGee
First Officer
Flight distance : 16783757 ft
  • >>>
United States

almj Posted at 10-31 00:06
Anyone successfully connected mavic air remote?
Simulator opening fine but no controls.
I've tried rebooting, changing cables, turning remote off and on...

almj,
There appears to be a problem with the device driver for the Mavic Air's RC.  I put together a video that describes the problem and shows how it can be resolved.  Hope it helps!

EDIT:  See post #29 for a better, easier way than described in this video.

2018-11-1
Use props
X-Wing Pilot
lvl.1
Flight distance : 456 ft

Spain

Hi pixelmulation, I'm in the same way because I've got a P3A but I cant use the controller in the simulator and I dont know what can i do to fix it
2018-11-3
Use props
fans352022e9
lvl.2
Flight distance : 2838 ft
  • >>>
Canada

hello i been trying to connect my Mavic 2 PRO Controller but i does not connect...... i attempted everything but still no work, i am wondering if the mavic 2 pro controller is even cabatable does anyone know??????? thanks.
2018-11-3
Use props
fans352022e9
lvl.2
Flight distance : 2838 ft
  • >>>
Canada

hello i been trying to connect my Mavic 2 PRO Controller but i does not connect...... i attempted everything but still no work, i am wondering if the mavic 2 pro controller is even cabatable does anyone know??????? thanks.
2018-11-3
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
Flight distance : 9827923 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

Good job, think your on to something here, will try when I have some time.
2018-11-3
Use props
KlooGee
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

fans352022e9 Posted at 11-3 10:44

No, it is not compatible at this time.  DJI has stated they are working on it and will be available soon.
2018-11-3
Use props
KlooGee
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

I’ve made an updated video showing the much easier way of getting the Mavic Air controller to work compared to the way described in my first video. Using this method also gets it to work with Assistant 2 as well.

Credit to BumblerBee for pointing to this method.
2018-11-3
Use props
djiuser_FlMhY9IZsnai
New
Germany

Has anybody got the P4P + Controller to work with the Flight Simulator yet?
2018-11-3
Use props
bigdps
lvl.3
Canada

Well looking at the FAQ it doesn't appear that Mavic Pro remotes will be compatible at all. They are working on the Mavic 2 series, not the pro. Booooooo
2018-11-3
Use props
superkev
lvl.1
Flight distance : 124072 ft
  • >>>
Canada

Ok, this is pretty fun. It's a great way to practice. Runs smooth as silk on my Ryzen 7 1800x with 1080Ti.

The FAQ page needs to explain the installation of the drivers though. I'm glad I found this forum post and got the info from here.
2018-11-4
Use props
Chris36
lvl.2
Flight distance : 4941 ft
Netherlands

BumblerBee Posted at 10-31 13:27
And the final update: It (sort of) works! And with G-Sync enabled, but only for full screen mode.

I've got a limited functionality out of Mavic Pro controller: both left and right sticks, as well as the gimbal dial work fine. The other buttons and the right wheel perform no actions. It looks like the sim uses Lightbridge controller.

Hi, I too have the Mavic Pro (as well as an older P3P) and consider this FS a vast improvement on the simpler version in the App  -  if only I could get it to work!!  Maybe DJI will sort out these teething problems in due course (clearly there are many variants including platforms) but we are all impatient.  I am encourages by your (Bumblerbee) findings and further by KlooGee's input but still I haven't succeeded in getting beyond installation.  When I run the FS I get a screen which offers only 'INSTALL' even though it's already installed) and I suspect one problem is indeed that the driver for the RC is not recognised because it's not 'Signed.'  I tried both KlooGee's video methods without success.  The longer version asked me for a special ID which I don't have and don't know how to get so abandoned the procedure while the second approach simply didn't work at all in my case.  I still have a little yellow warning triangle with an exclamation mark inside in the Device Manager screen under 'Other Devices.'  Running the DJI FS driver .exe program seems to work and states the driver(s) installed properly but Windows 10 disagrees presumably because of the driver not being signed!  If anyone can help e.g. advising what this special ID I need before Win 10 will allow me to install an unsigned driver, that might get me to the next step.  I would really like to get the use of this most interesting FS without having to wait months for DJI to sort out the problems if they ever do!  Any suggestions?   But thank you anyway for this initial encouragement from a very elderly novice!
2018-11-5
Use props
djiuser_pnhsIkzx5BB2
New

Brazil

i dont know why, but i cant use my P4P controller, maybe i'm doing something wrog, but i tried to play it unsuccessful
2018-11-5
Use props
Maxi3D
Second Officer
Flight distance : 307621 ft
  • >>>
United States

marklyn59 Posted at 10-31 14:22
Lord. I have an i7-4770 and this thing lags like no one's business. So much so it's useless to me.Plus I've connected the controller with a MicroUSB to computer and it doesn't recognize controller.

The sim can bearly run on my Radeon RX Series video card. I would have to upgrade to a $450 video card to run this sim.
2018-11-5
Use props
Chris36
lvl.2
Flight distance : 4941 ft
Netherlands

And the final update: It (sort of) works! And with G-Sync enabled, but only for full screen mode.

Following my earlier reply, I've tried using KlooGee's methods to install the FS driver without success again.  The ID needed was a BitLocker number which apparently is stored on my OneDrive and I managed to recover and enter it allowing me to proceed to the point where I was allowed to install an unsigned driver but it still wouldn't install.  When I tried double clicking on the name in Device manager to "Update Driver" I got another error message stating "DPInst.exe does not execute on your current OS!"  Now I have just invested in a top of the range Dell XPS 15 9570 i9 with all the power that should be needed with the latest version of Win 10 so what's wrong now I have to ask. and BTW when I connected the Mavic Pro RC with the little jingle it only tried twice to load the driver and I had to try many times to highlight the transient appearance before it disappeared in order to get the Driver Update dialog box which then didn't work!  The name which appeared was "Unknown Device" although earlier I saw a different name which I now can't remember.  DJI Assistant 2 recognised the RC controller and earlier I did go through a sequence in which when I reached the Driver Update box, pointed to the DJI directory where the dji_usb_5512_64_108.exe file is located, win 10 said I had the latest driver installed!  What can I make of all this mess?  DJI really ought to provide a signed driver which works.
2018-11-5
Use props
Tribal69
lvl.1
Flight distance : 7546 ft
Belgium

Too bad the spark controller is not supported although a lot of people fly this drone as well...
2018-11-6
Use props
Ulisbs4711
New
Flight distance : 748 ft
Germany

After installation i got the error message "djiArena-Win64-Shipping.exe - Systemfehler" What can i do? I tried several installations and deinstallations but allways the same result :-(
2018-11-6
Use props
Jos A
First Officer
Flight distance : 73209 ft
Netherlands

Solution for the Mavic Pro controller:
https://forum.dji.com/forum.php? ... 5&page=1#pid1636390
check the entertainment, its fun race with your drone.
2018-11-6
Use props
djiuser_O4ac91k92VJF
New

Saudi Arabia

And the final update: It (sort of) works! And with G-Sync enabled, but only for full screen mode.

Hey I can't see the gallery option on my menu too. Please write if u find a solution. wardaaftab@gmail.com
2018-11-7
Use props
12Next >
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules