Mavic 2 enterprise battery comparability
11456 24 2018-10-31
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
fanse16fefcb
lvl.1
Flight distance : 771591 ft
United Kingdom

Hi. I've been reading about the self heating facility in the new Mavic 2 enterprise battery and wondered if the battery will work in my Mavic 2 pro. With winter coming it could prove useful for flying in colder weather. Are they compatible?
2018-10-31
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

Hi there, thanks for reaching out, we are verifying with our engineers regarding this, we will keep you posted once we get any update from them, please wait a moment, thank you.
2018-10-31
Use props
Keule
Second Officer
Flight distance : 3733015 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

According to DJI's website:

2018-10-31
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

Keule Posted at 2018-10-31 01:33

Yes, Keule, the battery of Mavic 2 Enterprise can be used in the Mavic 2 series, we are still verifying if the self-heating feature will be available, I will keep you updated soon.
2018-10-31
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

Keule Posted at 10-31 01:33

Hi Keule, please check my post in 10#, thanks.
2018-11-4
Use props
Keule
Second Officer
Flight distance : 3733015 ft
  • >>>
Germany

DJI Mindy Posted at 11-4 23:39
Hi Keule, please check my post in 5#, thanks.

Thank's for the update!
2018-11-4
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

Keule Posted at 11-4 23:40
Thank's for the update!

You are welcome, please let us know if you have any further concern.
2018-11-5
Use props
fanse16fefcb
lvl.1
United Kingdom

Thanks for the update. Much appreciated.
2018-11-5
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

Hi all, here are more details of the self-heating feature, please refer to this:
1. When mounting the battery of Mavic 2 Enterprise to Mavic 2 Pro/Zoom without refreshing the firmware of Mavic 2 Pro/Zoom, the self-heating feature is available.
2. When mounting the battery of Mavic 2 Enterprise to Mavic 2 Pro/Zoom with the consistent firmware of Mavic 2 Pro/Zoom, the manual heating is available but not the auto heating.
3. Whether the firmware of Mavic 2 Enterprise and Mavic 2 Pro/Zoom will keep consistent, we do not have the related info at the moment, please note the future release.
2018-11-5
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

fanse16fefcb Posted at 11-5 03:43
Thanks for the update. Much appreciated.

Sorry that I have updated my post in 10#, please check, thanks.
2018-11-5
Use props
fanse16fefcb
lvl.1
United Kingdom

DJI Mindy Posted at 11-5 22:09
Sorry that I have updated my post in 10#, please check, thanks.

Hi and thanks for the further update. When you use the word consistent do you mean current? Alternatively just to clarify, which version of the firmware to I need to have the auto heating in the Mavic 2 pro when using the Mavic 2 enterprise battery?
Thanks again for your help.
2018-11-5
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

fanse16fefcb Posted at 11-5 23:37
Hi and thanks for the further update. When you use the word consistent do you mean current? Alternatively just to clarify, which version of the firmware to I need to have the auto heating in the Mavic 2 pro when using the Mavic 2 enterprise battery?
Thanks again for your help.

By 'consistent' I mean, if you would like to use the auto heating, please keep the firmware version of Mavic 2 Enterprise instead refreshing to the Mavic 2 Pro/Zoom firmware.
2018-11-6
Use props
fanse16fefcb
lvl.1
United Kingdom

DJI Mindy Posted at 11-6 02:25
By 'consistent' I mean, if you would like to use the auto heating, please keep the firmware version of Mavic 2 Enterprise instead refreshing to the Mavic 2 Pro/Zoom firmware.

I'm sorry to be a nuisance but I have 1 further question. Are you saying keep the "enterprise firmware" on the enterprise battery
Or saying I need the enterprise firmware on my Mavic 2 pro drone? That hopefully will be my last question.
2018-11-6
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

fanse16fefcb Posted at 11-6 02:46
I'm sorry to be a nuisance but I have 1 further question. Are you saying keep the "enterprise firmware" on the enterprise battery
Or saying I need the enterprise firmware on my Mavic 2 pro drone? That hopefully will be my last question.

Sorry that my explanation isn't clear enough, I mean please keep the Mavic 2 Enterprise firmware on the Enterprise battery, the self-heating feature is still available when attaching the Enterprise battery to the Mavic 2 Pro/Zoom.
If there is any further update, I will keep you posted, please also pay attention to our website about the future update, thank you.
2018-11-6
Use props
fanse16fefcb
lvl.1
United Kingdom

DJI Mindy Posted at 11-6 04:03
Sorry that my explanation isn't clear enough, I mean please keep the Mavic 2 Enterprise firmware on the Enterprise battery, the self-heating feature is still available when attaching the Enterprise battery to the Mavic 2 Pro/Zoom.
If there is any further update, I will keep you posted, please also pay attention to our website about the future update, thank you.

Excellent news. Thanks for clarifying that. I have no further questions.
2018-11-6
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

fanse16fefcb Posted at 11-6 04:12
Excellent news. Thanks for clarifying that. I have no further questions.

No problem, please keep us updated any time if you have other concern, enjoy flying.
2018-11-6
Use props
CineView Media
Second Officer
Flight distance : 5365522 ft
  • >>>
Norway

Is self heating and price the only difference between the two different battery models?
2018-11-15
Use props
robotfist
lvl.2
United States

Where can we purchase the DJI enterprise heated battery? I do not see it anywhere on the DJI website.
2018-12-5
Use props
mcomperini
lvl.2
Flight distance : 586447 ft
Italy

DJI Mindy Posted at 2018-11-6 04:03
Sorry that my explanation isn't clear enough, I mean please keep the Mavic 2 Enterprise firmware on the Enterprise battery, the self-heating feature is still available when attaching the Enterprise battery to the Mavic 2 Pro/Zoom.

Hi,

how can we fly, whitout a consistent firmware?
I mean, the DJI App is always saying, that the firmware isn't consistent and so you can't fly.
Or I am wrong?
Thank you.
2019-1-29
Use props
Buzzyone
Second Officer
Flight distance : 4647913 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

robotfist Posted at 2018-12-5 18:14
Where can we purchase the DJI enterprise heated battery? I do not see it anywhere on the DJI website.

You can only buy rom DJI Dealers. Looks like all the batteries have the heating feature, just disabled in Zoom/pro firmware.

Find someone with an M2E and attache your Pro/Zoom battery, I expect you will get an 'inconsistent' message, update and the battery will then have the M2E firmware and then test the heating function.

Reading between the lines, if you update on the Pro/Zoom you loose the auto heating function but not the manual function.
2019-1-30
Use props
boby44
lvl.2
Croatia

Hello to all

I want to be clear about these Mavic 2 Enterprise batteries.
This self-heating feature will work on standard Mavic 2 Pro, but firmware OF THE BATTERY must stay as it is, right ?
So, I can update firmware of the drone, controller or whatever but not the battery.
But what if update is a "group" file and I can't de-select battery upgrade ?
Please advise
2019-8-27
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
Flight distance : 312090263 ft
  • >>>

Buzzyone Posted at 1-30 13:16
You can only buy rom DJI Dealers. Looks like all the batteries have the heating feature, just disabled in Zoom/pro firmware.

Find someone with an M2E and attache your Pro/Zoom battery, I expect you will get an 'inconsistent' message, update and the battery will then have the M2E firmware and then test the heating function.

Disappointed, another feature we could have for free with almost no work on DJI's side and we don't get it.
2019-8-27
Use props
AntDX316
First Officer
Flight distance : 3394731 ft
  • >>>
United States

DJI Mindy Posted at 2018-10-31 01:45
Yes, Keule, the battery of Mavic 2 Enterprise can be used in the Mavic 2 series, we are still verifying if the self-heating feature will be available, I will keep you updated soon.

If you take-off from a heated place.  Could the battery cool quick enough to shut the battery down and crash the drone?
2019-8-27
Use props
ROne21
lvl.2

United States

Hi,

Ressurecting an old thread.....I just bought a M2 Enterprise self-heating battery for my M2P. I’m trying to find out the part numbers of each battery for the respected drone. Do they share the same part number? After reading the comments, it's still not clear how to use or activate the heat during a flight.
2020-1-19
Use props
EFRPIC
Second Officer

United States

It only works on the Mavic Enterprise drones, the M2E and M2E Duo
2020-1-19
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules