BEST DJI Mavic Pro (version 1) hyperlapses
5233 8 2018-10-31
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Homesick Nomad
lvl.3
Flight distance : 629967 ft
United States

With the introduction of the new hyper lapse feature on the Mavic Pro 2, it has made me wonder how far I can go with my version one model. There are a lot of tutorials out there showing methods and techniques. Many of the version one hyperlapses are more straight line while the version 2 gives the ability to create more of the go sideways and really capture that parallax effect. Share your best work and/or favorite tutorials here for those of us who can’t afford the upgrade yet.

And DJI... if you see this... is it possible to give some of those features to Mavic Pro 1 users? I know you would like us to buy the new model, but please don’t limit us if it is possible with the Mavic Pro 1.
2018-10-31
Use props
Fly74
lvl.2

United States

I hope they do.  I want to purchase my first smart drone and the MP1 is what I am after... sue I would love an Inspire or MP2 but the cost is a primary issue... I like the Air but the Ocyusnc for Mavic Pro wins for my desired uses.   It would be nice to see them add an update.
2018-10-31
Use props
Homesick Nomad
lvl.3
United States

Fly74 Posted at 2018-10-31 05:41
I hope they do.  I want to purchase my first smart drone and the MP1 is what I am after... sue I would love an Inspire or MP2 but the cost is a primary issue... I like the Air but the Ocyusnc for Mavic Pro wins for my desired uses.   It would be nice to see them add an update.

My first question is if it is possible. Is there some technology in the new MP that allows it to do that particular type of hyper lapse where the MP1 can not do it. I have done some tests and found that I can get some similar results, but nothing automatic. It requires me to slowly change the tilt of the camera manually if I am doing an elevation change in my hyper lapse.
2018-10-31
Use props
Homesick Nomad
lvl.3
United States

Here is a simple approach to doing the dronelapse.
2018-10-31
Use props
Alex B.
Second Officer
Flight distance : 21105262 ft

Spain

Thanks for sharing!
I’m also very interested in doing timelapses and hyperlapses.
I have a spark and mavic pro1, DJI is it possible for those drones to have hyperlapse mode or is it asking too much from the hardware?
Thanks!

Fly safely all
Alex
2018-10-31
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
Flight distance : 2560453 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

The major difference will be the processor in the M2P I guess.
That is far more powerful and has 'capacity' for those new algorithms.

But then again, since MP1 will be EOL soon they won't make any major updates regarding new features I guess.
Maybe (if we are lucky) some bugfixes.
2018-10-31
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

Hi, thanks for the interest. The hyper-lapse mode is not available on the Mavic Pro as of the moment, however, we will forward your suggestion to our team to see if our Mavic Pro could possibly do the hyper-lapse or add a feature that might close to this hyper-lapse. I would recommend paying attention to our website for further updates. Thank you for the support.
2018-11-1
Use props
Homesick Nomad
lvl.3
United States

DJI Tony Posted at 11-1 13:53
Hi, thanks for the interest. The hyper-lapse mode is not available on the Mavic Pro as of the moment, however, we will forward your suggestion to our team to see if our Mavic Pro could possibly do the hyper-lapse or add a feature that might close to this hyper-lapse. I would recommend paying attention to our website for further updates. Thank you for the support.

Thank you for responding. Please do update us if you get a response regarding this.
2018-11-4
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

Homesick Nomad Posted at 11-4 19:27
Thank you for responding. Please do update us if you get a response regarding this.

Hi, Thanks for your prompt reply. DJI is open for suggestion and I've forwarded your suggestion with our engineers, however, I'm afraid that we can provide guaranteed if the Mavic Pro could possibly support the hyper-lapse mode. I would recommend paying attention to our website for further updates. Thank you for the support.
2018-11-5
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules