rear led problem (red)
1053 17 2018-10-31
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
choondol
lvl.1
Flight distance : 871598 ft
Vietnam

Today, I open the box and fly it. Everything seem to be good.
but, as you can see above video clip.
one of the rear lamp(left one) is red after turn on aircraft.
As I know, rear led should green blink after aircraft turn on
I don't know why....
is this manufacturing defect(initial defect)? so, will DJI replace my aircraft for free?

please help.....
2018-10-31
Use props
choondol
lvl.1
Vietnam

another video.         one indicator keep red after turn on
2018-10-31
Use props
HedsIc
lvl.4
Flight distance : 478757 ft
United States

What kind of errors are you getting on the controller/app?
2018-10-31
Use props
rolling56
First Officer
Flight distance : 138310 ft
United States

Does it do this outside and not inside like your test. If not take it outside and see. Might be getting some interference inside?
2018-10-31
Use props
Luca Rubino
Second Officer
Flight distance : 711512 ft
  • >>>
Italy

It's really strange, in the second video, to see the red led turned on before all the others.
It looks like it is always turned on due to some hardware issue.
2018-10-31
Use props
choondol
lvl.1
Vietnam

rolling56 Posted at 2018-10-31 06:16
Does it do this outside and not inside like your test. If not take it outside and see. Might be getting some interference inside?

same outside, even in flying and hovering
2018-10-31
Use props
choondol
lvl.1
Vietnam

Luca Rubino Posted at 2018-10-31 06:26
It's really strange, in the second video, to see the red led turned on before all the others.
It looks like it is always turned on due to some hardware issue.

yes. keep red just after turn on aircraft. I think it seem to be hardware issue, too.
2018-10-31
Use props
choondol
lvl.1
Vietnam

Luca Rubino Posted at 2018-10-31 06:26
It's really strange, in the second video, to see the red led turned on before all the others.
It looks like it is always turned on due to some hardware issue.

yes. keep red just after turn on aircraft. I think it seem to be hardware issue, too.
2018-10-31
Use props
choondol
lvl.1
Vietnam

HedsIc Posted at 2018-10-31 06:02
What kind of errors are you getting on the controller/app?

no error msg on controller or app
2018-10-31
Use props
Sky Carrier
Second Officer
Flight distance : 590102 ft
Netherlands

I believe that looks like a hardware error. I think you need to file a case with DJI or if bought locally go back and exchange it.
2018-10-31
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

Hi, sorry for the inconvenienced that it causes. I would like to ask where did you purchase the drone? Did you try to restore factory defaults and refresh the firmware using the DJI Assistant 2 to see if there will be changes? If the issue would persist, please provide the firmware of your aircraft for further help. You may refer to the link below. Kindly keep us posted. Thank you for the support.

https://www.dji.com/mavic-2/info#downloads
2018-10-31
Use props
rolling56
First Officer
Flight distance : 138310 ft
United States

DJI Tony Posted at 2018-10-31 10:48
Hi, sorry for the inconvenienced that it causes. I would like to ask where did you purchase the drone? Did you try to restore factory defaults and refresh the firmware using the DJI Assistant 2 to see if there will be changes? If the issue would persist, please provide the firmware of your aircraft for further help. You may refer to the link below. Kindly keep us posted. Thank you for the support.

yup do what DJI Tony says and he will fix you up
2018-10-31
Use props
choondol
lvl.1
Vietnam

I bought it in China
I'll try factory default and refresh firmware by DJI Ass2 and then I will be back
2018-10-31
Use props
choondol
lvl.1
Vietnam

Dirty Bird Posted at 2018-10-31 19:18
It appears the red diode in the LED is shorted to always on.

I think so. thanks..
2018-10-31
Use props
choondol
lvl.1
Vietnam

Hi Tony,
unfortunately, there is no change. keep red.
I think red diode in the rear LED is shorted to always on after turn on aircraft.

is it easy to fix it? just chage red diode or change rear arm or change aircraft?
please help me again...
2018-10-31
Use props
Boffin
Second Officer
Australia

choondol Posted at 2018-10-31 20:11
Hi Tony,
unfortunately, there is no change. keep red.
I think red diode in the rear LED is shorted to always on after turn on aircraft.

What if the diode is OK and the device controlling the diode is defective?
If you just opened the box then it is new so don't mess around trying to repair it.
Ask for a replacement at place of purchase or open a case with DJI for warranty replacement.
Do it soon so that you can request a new replacement (not re-furbished).
Best of luck
2018-10-31
Use props
choondol
lvl.1
Vietnam

DJI Tony Posted at 10-31 10:48

Hi, Tony

Yesterday, I saw LED working properly by accident.
So, I was glad that the probelm was solved. but, the problem was repeated soon again.

please see the below video that I took last night.
it composed by four scene. let me explain it.
I took four scene every ten minutes. I did nothing(eg, connect to DJI ass, any update, flying..) between four scene. just turn on & off.

#1: working properly(green blinking)
#2: turn on --> Working properly --> turn off --> turn on --> same problem repeated
#3: working properly --> turn off & on --> working properly
#4: slow motion. color difference between left & right indicator(gree-yellow vs green-orange?) ---> but, I don't mind.

It is becoming more and more a mystery.
however, this morning it working properly, so far

I have to keep monitoring more time.

I'll be back with monitoring result about a weeks later.
2018-11-1
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

choondol Posted at 11-1 15:28
Hi, Tony

Yesterday, I saw LED working properly by accident.

Hi, thanks for your updates. I would recommend contacting the re-seller for possible replacement of the unit due to this scenario is unusual. Thank you for understanding.
2018-11-4
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules