No cords with portable charging station (SOLVED)
1387 12 2018-10-31
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Prairie Chicken
Second Officer
Flight distance : 106526 ft
Canada

After three months, my portable charging station with two batteries finally arrived. My excitement was quickly doused by the fact that two cords that were supposed to come with it are missing. From the illustrations in the manual, they look like the cords that came with the charging hub in the fly-more bundle, which I have. Is it safe to use them instead?

Normally, I'd send it back right away but that would mean another month or two without it. I'd rather use what I've got right away, if it works.
2018-10-31
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hi Prairie Chicken. Thank you for purchasing the DJI portable charging station and I apologize for the inconvenience that the cables are not included when you received the package. The best thing you need to do is to contact DJI Support for us to help you with this issue. Thank you for your support.
2018-10-31
Use props
Prairie Chicken
Second Officer
Canada

(deleted -- forgot to tag it)
2018-10-31
Use props
Prairie Chicken
Second Officer
Canada

DJI Stephen Posted at 2018-10-31 13:12
Hi Prairie Chicken. Thank you for purchasing the DJI portable charging station and I apologize for the inconvenience that the cables are not included when you received the package. The best thing you need to do is to contact DJI Support for us to help you with this issue. Thank you for your support.

Thanks for the quick reply. I'll contact Support if I need to, but I'd rather skip that lengthy process if I can find an answer here first. If the cables with the charging hub will work with the portable charging station, I can live with that. I doubt very much that I would use both chargers at the same time.
2018-10-31
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Prairie Chicken Posted at 2018-10-31 13:24
Thanks for the quick reply. I'll contact Support if I need to, but I'd rather skip that lengthy process if I can find an answer here first. If the cables with the charging hub will work with the portable charging station, I can live with that. I doubt very much that I would use both chargers at the same time.

You are welcome and thank you for understanding. If you have any other concern regarding DJI please feel free to post it here, we are here to help you.
2018-10-31
Use props
Prairie Chicken
Second Officer
Canada

So....will the other cables work with the portable charging station?
2018-10-31
Use props
todamgood4U
lvl.3
Flight distance : 134209 ft
United States

Prairie Chicken Posted at 2018-10-31 13:55
So....will the other cables work with the portable charging station?

I just pulled out my fly more charger cord and they do appear to be identical.  The top one is from the portable charger.  The bottom one is from the fly more charger.
IMG_20181031_172426.jpg
IMG_20180505_071512.jpg
2018-10-31
Use props
todamgood4U
lvl.3
United States

todamgood4U Posted at 2018-10-31 16:34
I just pulled out my fly more charger cord and they do appear to be identical.  The top one is from the portable charger.  The bottom one is from the fly more charger.
[view_image]

Ugh, I have no idea how that second picture got in there, sorry about that.
2018-10-31
Use props
Prairie Chicken
Second Officer
Canada

todamgood4U Posted at 2018-10-31 16:36
Ugh, I have no idea how that second picture got in there, sorry about that.

No problem at all. If that's your photo, you should show it off whenever you can. Nice one.

And thanks for going to the trouble of taking the other photo. They do appear to be identical and are probably interchangeable. But as it turned out, I searched a third time and found the cables tucked away in a couple of pockets in the packaging. Tempest in a teapot is over now.
2018-10-31
Use props
todamgood4U
lvl.3
United States

Prairie Chicken Posted at 10-31 18:16
No problem at all. If that's your photo, you should show it off whenever you can. Nice one.

And thanks for going to the trouble of taking the other photo. They do appear to be identical and are probably interchangeable. But as it turned out, I searched a third time and found the cables tucked away in a couple of pockets in the packaging. Tempest in a teapot is over now.

Good to hear, glad they were in there.

And yes, that's my photo.  It was taken at 6 am as I was heading to the top of it.  
2018-11-1
Use props
Szwedu
lvl.4
Flight distance : 378114 ft
United States

todamgood4U Posted at 11-1 18:36
Good to hear, glad they were in there.

And yes, that's my photo.  It was taken at 6 am as I was heading to the top of it.

where is this taken , i need to know ;] Looks epic
2018-11-20
Use props
todamgood4U
lvl.3
United States

Szwedu Posted at 11-20 05:03
where is this taken , i need to know ;] Looks epic

Yosemite National Park - Yosemite Falls
It's very epic and incredibly beautiful.  Been here a hundred times and have hiked it all multiple times.  Just got back from hiking Vernal Falls up Mist Trail to Nevada Falls and then John Muir Trail to Glacier Point.  Coming here never gets old.  

2018-11-20
Use props
Bing Err
Captain
Flight distance : 9249964 ft
  • >>>
United States

todamgood4U Posted at 10-31 16:34
I just pulled out my fly more charger cord and they do appear to be identical.  The top one is from the portable charger.  The bottom one is from the fly more charger.
[view_image]

Angel Falls! Beautiful! I was just there!
2018-11-20
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules