Remote control not responding
1063 6 2018-10-31
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Edwin123
New
Flight distance : 2182 ft
United States

So I haven't flown my Dji spark much this year but i updated everything b4 a recent vacation but during couldn't get the controller to do anything besides take off or land. I emailed dji support and they suggested that i calibrate the IMU which I did. Unfortunately, it did nothing to solve my problem. The spark wrks fine from the phone but will not respond to the controller with the 2 exceptions. Anyone ever experience this? If so,please let me know what you did to correct it. Thanks
2018-10-31
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

Hi, sorry for the troubles that it caused. I would recommend re-linking the RC to the aircraft and check if there will be changes, calibrating the RC would be helpful as well to see if the joysticks are working fine and also the gimbal command. Kindly check on your DJI GO 4 app if there's an error message. Please keep us posted on the latest progress.
2018-10-31
Use props
S.J
Second Officer
Flight distance : 322454 ft
Kuwait

take the SPARK outside and use the RC to lift the drone minimum 60 meters high. Check on your mobile if GPS is locked. Now try to use the joysticks on the RC to move forward. It should work. It may take 1 to 2 minutes for the drone to lock and respond to your RC .
2018-11-1
Use props
wimherman
lvl.4
Flight distance : 208556 ft
Norway

Did you try a factory reset on both AC and RC and make the link between them again ?
2018-11-2
Use props
Ben Mason
lvl.4
Flight distance : 610614 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

That's a strange fault, are you saying the controller will let you take off(with CSC) and land with throttle down(left stick down in mode 2) only ? or are you saying you can use auto take off and landing(which is done by tapping in the app) ?
2018-11-2
Use props
Sparkz71
lvl.4
Flight distance : 24259 ft
Australia

Try this: If you have mobile phone data, turn airplane mode on the phone & then wifi connect to RC. Turning off mobile data may prevent switching networks during flight if the wifi is weak?  
2018-11-4
Use props
Sparkz71
lvl.4
Flight distance : 24259 ft
Australia

S.J Posted at 11-1 22:24
take the SPARK outside and use the RC to lift the drone minimum 60 meters high. Check on your mobile if GPS is locked. Now try to use the joysticks on the RC to move forward. It should work. It may take 1 to 2 minutes for the drone to lock and respond to your RC .

wtf? Bad advice!!! Lock the GPS from ground! Only 7 m H needed for the home point to be visually recorded. By the time you get to 60 m, in atti mode, after 1 - 2 minutes anything could happen in the wind!  

I do NOT recommend S.J. 's advice - that is asking for trouble.

Wait for a GPS fix before take-off, check the KP index etc. Otherwise, fly on a better day.
2018-11-4
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules