Simulator will not connect to controller
27572 38 2018-11-1
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
fans05ab0487
lvl.1
United States

Hello all, using Mavic Pro controller, connected via micro USB  to Windows 10 machine, but large lower left INSTALL button on monitor does not change to START as document shows it should. Downloaded new .EXE file for the new DJI flight simulator software app that runs on Win 10 computers.

2018-11-1
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello Fans05ab0487. I am sorry to know that your DJI Mavic Pro controller is not able to connect to the DJI Flight Simulator. As of the moment the DJI Mavic Pro is not yet incorporated on the DJI Flight Simulator. For reference I will be posting the list of remote controllers that supports the DJI Flight Simulator as of this time ( Flight Simulator supports the DJI remote controllers for the Phantom 4, Phantom 4 Advanced, Phantom 4 Pro, Phantom 4 Pro V2.0, Lightbridge 2, M600 Pro and Mavic Air. Support for the Mavic 2 series remote controllers is coming soon ). Thank you for your support.
2018-11-1
Use props
HedsIc
lvl.4
Flight distance : 478757 ft
United States

I do not beleive the Mavic Pro controller is combatible with the simulator.
2018-11-1
Use props
EmilioCid
lvl.3
Flight distance : 7445200 ft
  • >>>
Brazil

DJI Stephen Posted at 11-1 07:40
Hello Fans05ab0487. I am sorry to know that your DJI Mavic Pro controller is not able to connect to the DJI Flight Simulator. As of the moment the DJI Mavic Pro is not yet incorporated on the DJI Flight Simulator. For reference I will be posting the list of remote controllers that supports the DJI Flight Simulator as of this time ( Flight Simulator supports the DJI remote controllers for the Phantom 4, Phantom 4 Advanced, Phantom 4 Pro, Phantom 4 Pro V2.0, Lightbridge 2, M600 Pro and Mavic Air. Support for the Mavic 2 series remote controllers is coming soon ). Thank you for your support.

I tried with the Mavic Air remote, but did not sucessed.   Does the drone have to be on ?
2018-11-1
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello EmilioCid. I am sorry to know that you are having issues with your DJI Mavic Air Remote controller. You can use the DJI Flight Simulator even if the drone is not turned on. May I know if your computer met the requirements to run the DJI Flight Simulator? Are you using a computer with a Windows 10 system and with 64 bit rate? To connect the remote controller to a computer, you will need a Micro-B to USB-A cable as well.
2018-11-1
Use props
VisionMPP
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1047536 ft
Trinidad and Tobago

Guys will their be an update for the DJI Mavic and  platinum pro soon?
2018-11-1
Use props
KlooGee
First Officer
Flight distance : 16783757 ft
  • >>>
United States

EmilioCid Posted at 11-1 12:02
I tried with the Mavic Air remote, but did not sucessed.   Does the drone have to be on ?

Emilio, there is a problem with the device driver for the Mavic Air RC.  I've put together a video that describes the problem and shows a solution to get it working appropriately.  I hope it helps.

2018-11-1
Use props
BumblerBee
Second Officer
Flight distance : 639764 ft
Norway

HedsIc Posted at 11-1 09:34

Mavic Pro RC works for me, to a certain degree - the sticks and the gimbal wheel work; the buttons and the EV camera dial don't

sim2.jpg
2018-11-1
Use props
arkadiusz
New
Flight distance : 418691 ft
Poland

How you do this?? Not work for me
2018-11-1
Use props
fans05ab0487
lvl.1
United States

arkadiusz Posted at 11-1 14:24
How you do this?? Not work for me

does not work for mavic pro yet, maybe in future. At least for me today, it does not connect to controller for mavic pro.
2018-11-1
Use props
Zeflex514
lvl.2
Flight distance : 222743 ft
Canada

Seems the driver for mavic pro are in : c:\program files (x86)\Dji Flight Simulator\dji_usb_5512_64_108.exe (didn't test myself, I see it on a facebook group).
2018-11-2
Use props
Nebuchadnezzar
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 3462946 ft
  • >>>
Spain

2018-11-2
Use props
victor101
lvl.2
Flight distance : 136578 ft
Canada

There has been an update to the dji simulator- does it support mavic 2 now?
2018-11-13
Use props
Se7en
lvl.2
Flight distance : 4934 ft
Singapore

victor101 Posted at 11-13 13:35
There has been an update to the dji simulator- does it support mavic 2 now?

nope.... still waiting...
2018-11-13
Use props
Balaes
Second Officer
Flight distance : 14241171 ft
  • >>>
Romania

still waiting to work with mavic 2 remote...
2018-11-19
Use props
Lungi
New

South Africa

DJI Stephen Posted at 11-1 07:40
Hello Fans05ab0487. I am sorry to know that your DJI Mavic Pro controller is not able to connect to the DJI Flight Simulator. As of the moment the DJI Mavic Pro is not yet incorporated on the DJI Flight Simulator. For reference I will be posting the list of remote controllers that supports the DJI Flight Simulator as of this time ( Flight Simulator supports the DJI remote controllers for the Phantom 4, Phantom 4 Advanced, Phantom 4 Pro, Phantom 4 Pro V2.0, Lightbridge 2, M600 Pro and Mavic Air. Support for the Mavic 2 series remote controllers is coming soon ). Thank you for your support.

Good  Day DJI Stephen , do you know if Flight Simulator is NOW available for  Mavic PRO  ? IF not yey - when will  it be available ?  If available where can I get it ?
2018-12-29
Use props
Perran
lvl.1
Philippines

Lungi Posted at 12-29 16:53
Good  Day DJI Stephen , do you know if Flight Simulator is NOW available for  Mavic PRO  ? IF not yey - when will  it be available ?  If available where can I get it ?

It is a bit surprising that the Mavic Pro (original) controller does not work with the Simulator !

What is the difference between this one and the other controllers ?
it is really a pity that we, the Mavic Pro users, are excluded from this amazing simulator !
I hope DJI will change that ASAP !

Thanks
2018-12-31
Use props
roballba
lvl.2
Flight distance : 2717274 ft
  • >>>
United States

How about now??? I've tried a bunch of different cables... is there something not obvious??? I have Mavic 2 Pro controller. and mavic pro 1, spark, and inspire..... and NONE OF THE WORK!!! such a pity! it's cold and rainy out and flying a sim with my kid sounds fun!
2019-1-8
Use props
MavSpa_user
First Officer
Flight distance : 73209 ft
Netherlands

Mavic Pro controller works, install dji_usb_5512_64_108.exe and install old version of dji assistant( DJI+Assistant+2+1.1.2_2.zip),
Then it works, but not all buttons are working but you can fly.
2019-1-8
Use props
Maverick1961
lvl.1
United States

I take it if the Mavic Pro does not work then the Mavic Pro 2 is out of the question... Such a shame.. It's an expensive drone and no way to test fly it on a simulator. I am glad I tried the free trial before buying the software. Hopefully they get the controller working soon.
2019-4-23
Use props
fans32dbdbe8
lvl.1
United States

If anyone can help that would be terrific.  I downloaded the simulator and the USB exe file.  Ran the USB exe file as instructed. Installed the simulator software.  Start the simulator and then plug in the DJi Smart Controller.  Nothing happens on the Smart Controller screen, just the "Connect to your Drone" prompt.  The simulator goes into your flight choices, but I never have any control from the controller.  It is never recognized apparently.  Am I missing a step?  Am I not doing the start-up sequence correctly?    Any help would be great.
2019-4-28
Use props
ngold
New
Israel

Having the same problem as above. The drivers are installed as can be seen in the Control Panel but when  I turn on the controller while connected the flight sim doesn't respond to the controller. Tried to uninstall the drivers and reinstall them but it wont work. Would greatly appreciate help.
2019-5-3
Use props
djiuser_jMkH09jr2zVI
lvl.1
Flight distance : 11424 ft

Works for me if you :
1. Plug in micro USB
2. Power on RC (you will hear the connection chime
3. Start Sim
2019-9-14
Use props
fansc6be2571
lvl.1
Flight distance : 50390 ft

fans32dbdbe8 Posted at 4-28 16:14
If anyone can help that would be terrific.  I downloaded the simulator and the USB exe file.  Ran the USB exe file as instructed. Installed the simulator software.  Start the simulator and then plug in the DJi Smart Controller.  Nothing happens on the Smart Controller screen, just the "Connect to your Drone" prompt.  The simulator goes into your flight choices, but I never have any control from the controller.  It is never recognized apparently.  Am I missing a step?  Am I not doing the start-up sequence correctly?    Any help would be great.

just wondering if you ever got your remote to work?
i have tried so many different ways and still cant get it to work
2019-10-12
Use props
DisplayedAim
New
Australia

I've got it working.
2019-10-27
Use props
djiuser_W1cELcBrRlFs
New

United States

fansc6be2571 Posted at 10-12 15:37
just wondering if you ever got your remote to work?
i have tried so many different ways and still cant get it to work

I have the same issue.  Did anyone get this working?
2019-12-20
Use props
Kelly Perreault
lvl.1

Canada

Maverick1961 Posted at 2019-4-23 12:17
I take it if the Mavic Pro does not work then the Mavic Pro 2 is out of the question... Such a shame.. It's an expensive drone and no way to test fly it on a simulator. I am glad I tried the free trial before buying the software. Hopefully they get the controller working soon.

Its a waste of developpement as no one is able to use it!  
Only the Higher end drone are supported.
2020-1-11
Use props
lannes
First Officer
Flight distance : 4465 ft
  • >>>
Australia

Kelly Perreault Posted at 1-11 14:22
Its a waste of developpement as no one is able to use it!  
Only the Higher end drone are supported.

Try running this driver application to get the FS to work with the Mavic Mini

https://forum.dji.com/forum.php? ... D556%26typeid%3D556

2020-1-11
Use props
djiuser_8SX7ZcL5CWtD
New

Australia

HedsIc Posted at 2018-11-1 09:34

Hi Stephen,
I got only Mavic Air controller, no drone. Will it still work with simulator?
2020-2-27
Use props
djiuser_8SX7ZcL5CWtD
New

Australia

DJI Stephen Posted at 2018-11-1 07:40
Hello Fans05ab0487. I am sorry to know that your DJI Mavic Pro controller is not able to connect to the DJI Flight Simulator. As of the moment the DJI Mavic Pro is not yet incorporated on the DJI Flight Simulator. For reference I will be posting the list of remote controllers that supports the DJI Flight Simulator as of this time ( Flight Simulator supports the DJI remote controllers for the Phantom 4, Phantom 4 Advanced, Phantom 4 Pro, Phantom 4 Pro V2.0, Lightbridge 2, M600 Pro and Mavic Air. Support for the Mavic 2 series remote controllers is coming soon ). Thank you for your support.

Hi Stephen,
I have only Mavic Air Controller without any drone. Will it still work with the simulator?
2020-2-27
Use props
lannes
First Officer
Flight distance : 4465 ft
  • >>>
Australia

djiuser_8SX7ZcL5CWtD Posted at 2-27 16:44
Hi Stephen,
I have only Mavic Air Controller without any drone. Will it still work with the simulator?

Yes , of course it will, all you need is the MA remote controller in your case. Follow my post in #29 to install it.

The drone itself is not needed, that's why it's a "simulator"
2020-2-27
Use props
djiuser_8SX7ZcL5CWtD
New

Australia

lannes Posted at 2-27 19:42
Yes , of course it will, all you need is the MA remote controller in your case. Follow my post in #29 to install it.

The drone itself is not needed, that's why it's a "simulator"

Thanks your your answer Iannes
2020-2-27
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

djiuser_8SX7ZcL5CWtD Posted at 2-27 16:44
Hi Stephen,
I have only Mavic Air Controller without any drone. Will it still work with the simulator?

Hello and good day. Thank you for reaching out and for the inquiry. Yes, you may be able to use your DJI Mavic Air's remote controller without the drone. In addition a computer with a 64-bit versions of Windows 10 system is required to run the DJI Flight Simulator program. To connect the remote controller to a computer, you will need a compatible DJI Remote Controller and a Micro-B to USB-A cable. Thank you.
2020-2-28
Use props
Tune345
lvl.3
Flight distance : 446138 ft
United States

is it working now
2020-6-28
Use props
MoMoFlights
lvl.1
Ecuador

How can they possibly sell something that does not work? Oh wait, I know. Because there are idiot like us who buy it.

This is really upsetting. They offer a free trial for the simulator but they do not mention that not all controllers are supported.
2020-11-20
Use props
DLBOWMAN72
lvl.1

United States

DJI Stephen Posted at 2018-11-1 12:33
Hello EmilioCid. I am sorry to know that you are having issues with your DJI Mavic Air Remote controller. You can use the DJI Flight Simulator even if the drone is not turned on. May I know if your computer met the requirements to run the DJI Flight Simulator? Are you using a computer with a Windows 10 system and with 64 bit rate? To connect the remote controller to a computer, you will need a Micro-B to USB-A cable as well.

I have DHI Mavic Air 2 Remote Controller RC231 but I am not able to connect to the DJI flight simulator app.  Does anyone know if this is possible?  If what steps did you perform.
2021-2-2
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

DLBOWMAN72 Posted at 2-2 08:24
I have DHI Mavic Air 2 Remote Controller RC231 but I am not able to connect to the DJI flight simulator app.  Does anyone know if this is possible?  If what steps did you perform.

Hello there DLBOWMAN72. Thank you for reaching out and for the inquiry. As of the moment, the DJI Mavic Air 2 remote controller does not support the DJI Flight Simulator software. The DJI Flight Simulator only supports the DJI remote controllers for the DJI Mavic Air, DJI Phantom 4, DJI Phantom 4 Advanced, DJI Phantom 4 Pro, DJI Phantom 4 Pro V2.0, Matrice 100, Matrice 600, Matrice 600 Pro, DJI Inspire 1 Series, DJI Smart Controller, and Lightbridge 2. Thank you.
2021-2-2
Use props
john klayko
New

United States

How on earth has DJI not figured out how to use the mavic 2 smart controller with the simulator? what a joke! I spent a mint on this! how hard could it be?????
2021-3-15
Use props
ekdave
lvl.1

Australia

john klayko Posted at 2021-3-15 16:45
How on earth has DJI not figured out how to use the mavic 2 smart controller with the simulator? what a joke! I spent a mint on this! how hard could it be?????

i cant get my mavic air (one) contoller to connect even tho its listed as suitable , purchased new pc just to run it :-(
2023-2-14
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules