DJI Drones falling from the Sky ????
6329 36 2018-11-1
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
TheKJ
lvl.3
Flight distance : 344085 ft
United Kingdom

Hello DJI i have seen on the news that the dji drones just dropped from the sky. I had the same problem. So i really don't see why this was not fixed at all. I had to get my whole drone repaird. Via DJI Care Refresh. /.........

My drone cam crashing down saying their was a battery issue. Turns out it was not. And the stupid people that were fixing it. Did something wrong to it. I was only at a 100FT. Just imagine if i was near people. It would of been a lot worse. And some how my fault .... Smhhhhhhhhhhh

Thank You !

Article: https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/technology-46032019
2018-11-1
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello TheKJ. I am really sorry to know that your DJI Phantom 4 Pro crashed. This is not the experience we want you to have with your DJI drone. Since this crash happened the best thing you can contact DJI support using this link https://www.dji.com/support.  or create a repair case online using this link https://repair.dji.com/repair/index. Please sync the flight records as well for us to further investigate what really happened on your previous flight. Thank you.
2018-11-1
Use props
ATJ
lvl.4
Flight distance : 17736 ft
United States

DJI Stephen Posted at 11-1 08:33
Hello TheKJ. I am really sorry to know that your DJI Phantom 4 Pro crashed. This is not the experience we want you to have with your DJI drone. Since this crash happened the best thing you can contact DJI support using this link https://www.dji.com/support.  or create a repair case online using this link https://repair.dji.com/repair/index. Please sync the flight records as well for us to further investigate what really happened on your previous flight. Thank you.

The words I'm Sorry are getting a little old.
2018-11-1
Use props
Antonio76
lvl.4
Flight distance : 144403 ft
Denmark

The case you are talking about with the link you posted from bbc.co.uk refers to a quite different drone, the Matrice 200.  https://www.dji.com/matrice-200- ... ndsite&from=nav   Do you think it had the same issue?
2018-11-1
Use props
Mark The Droner
Second Officer
Flight distance : 2917 ft
United States

Could you post the log via this link?

http://www.phantomhelp.com/LogViewer/Upload/
2018-11-1
Use props
rwynant V1
lvl.4
Flight distance : 4842277 ft
  • >>>
United States

AirData just sent an WARNING email blast with multiple reports of the same thing........

A few guys reported same in the I-2 forum......

Randy

2018-11-1
Use props
TheKJ
lvl.3
United Kingdom

DJI Stephen Posted at 11-1 08:33
Hello TheKJ. I am really sorry to know that your DJI Phantom 4 Pro crashed. This is not the experience we want you to have with your DJI drone. Since this crash happened the best thing you can contact DJI support using this link https://www.dji.com/support.  or create a repair case online using this link https://repair.dji.com/repair/index. Please sync the flight records as well for us to further investigate what really happened on your previous flight. Thank you.

It was already sent and dealt with. But the fact is. If it was a defect in the Matirce it would be all around the new drones. As they run the same SDK's and the battery's are made in the same location. I really do think DJI should worry about their drones they have already made. Instead of releasing new Enterprise crap. !!!!!!
2018-11-1
Use props
Geebax
First Officer
Australia

TheKJ Posted at 11-1 14:35
It was already sent and dealt with. But the fact is. If it was a defect in the Matirce it would be all around the new drones. As they run the same SDK's and the battery's are made in the same location. I really do think DJI should worry about their drones they have already made. Instead of releasing new Enterprise crap. !!!!!!

There is no commonality between the Matrice and any of the consumer drones. You are just parroting alarmist rubbish.
2018-11-1
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

TheKJ Posted at 11-1 14:35

Hi TheKJ, we're sorry for the unpleasant experience. It has come to our attention that a few TB50 and TB55 batteries may display the battery power in the app inaccurately. After assessing the issue, we have confirmed that it can be fixed with a firmware update. The new firmware will be released in the next few weeks.
In the meantime, please confirm that your Inspire 2 or Matrice 200 series product has been fully charged, and the battery temperature is higher than 15℃, before taking off and avoid flying beyond visual line of sight, and over crowds and traffic. Please monitor the battery voltage during flights and be sure to fly back when the cell's voltage is lower than 3.7V. If any anomalies occur, please find the nearest safe place to land as soon as possible.
2018-11-1
Use props
Phantom Pilot
lvl.4
Flight distance : 281371 ft
Germany

I had exactly the same problem, i was flying my drone taking footage for the Sunset and suddenly my Phantom 4 Pro dropped out of 45 meters into the lake. video transmission was frozen, props stopped and P4P disconnected.
I had contact to DJI Support in Europe and they told me to send the drone in to evaluate the Data out of the drone, i recoverd my drone with help of my friends which was not easy at all and sent it to the Netherlands.
Now i got this ridiculous message from DJI.
RemarkNO WARRANTY: No crash damage. Liquid damage. Battery damaged. Aircraft and gimbal damaged.
I do not know what crash damage should a drone has when it falls into water?!!!! DJI does not reply my emails and they just ignore me..absolutely disrespectful.
I had no such a very bad experience as here. This behavior from DJI is UNACCEPTABLE. Here is the Case number for someone who might concern CAS-2326502-R4C3W0
Here you can check the FlightLog

http://www.phantomhelp.com/LogViewer/X8FST1NESJ9ISR85DGWW/
2018-11-2
Use props
Matthew Dobrski
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1831050 ft
  • >>>
Canada

Some do fall due to malfunctioning and the laws of gravity combined, most doesn't.
2018-11-2
Use props
TheKJ
lvl.3
United Kingdom

Phantom Pilot Posted at 11-2 16:43
I had exactly the same problem, i was flying my drone taking footage for the Sunset and suddenly my Phantom 4 Pro dropped out of 45 meters into the lake. video transmission was frozen, props stopped and P4P disconnected.
I had contact to DJI Support in Europe and they told me to send the drone in to evaluate the Data out of the drone, i recoverd my drone with help of my friends which was not easy at all and sent it to the Netherlands.
Now i got this ridiculous message from DJI.I do not know what crash damage should a drone has which fall into water?!!!! DJI does not reply my emails and they just ignore me..absolutely disrespectful.

I do remember my Friend had the same issue. He send the flight log they said it was no warranty. Then he found some Japanese Android Rooter. He had the P4Pro Plus controller. He was able to root it. And put custom flight logs onto it. Then sent another email saying he sent the wrong one. Then using the DJI SDK. Modified it on his drone sent it off. Then they fixed it free of charge. I would not advise this but DJI are very very disrespectful. And he payed 2000$ For his drone. When it happened to me DJI replaced it free of charge. But i already shipped it to them to get a landing gear side panel fixed. As the little plastic thingy came off. And i wanted it clean. I had DJI Care Refresh at the time. But yea man that sucks. DJI have gone really crap lately. And not a satisfied customer. Hope its all good budy !
2018-11-2
Use props
RedHotPoker
Captain
Flight distance : 165105 ft
Canada

ATJ Posted at 11-1 09:06

What would be more appropriate? No reply at all perhaps.

Man, you got some nerve.
Come on DJI forum with a derogatory post, and then insult the forum mod for politely commenting.

Shameful. That’s disrespectful bud, don’t you know?

Show a little more dignity, which will certainly advance your “cause” much farther.

I understand your frustration, don’t get me wrong, but being diplomatic, is a much better approach.

RedHotPoker
2018-11-2
Use props
RedHotPoker
Captain
Canada

Geebax Posted at 11-1 15:40
There is no commonality between the Matrice and any of the consumer drones. You are just parroting alarmist rubbish.

I know, this thread is a farce.

Bloody rediculous, Calling Wolf...

1D7EC74E-1BC9-4A78-AF32-F8C5A976EAA4.jpeg
RedHotPoker
2018-11-2
Use props
Phantom Pilot
lvl.4
Germany

TheKJ Posted at 11-2 17:57
I do remember my Friend had the same issue. He send the flight log they said it was no warranty. Then he found some Japanese Android Rooter. He had the P4Pro Plus controller. He was able to root it. And put custom flight logs onto it. Then sent another email saying he sent the wrong one. Then using the DJI SDK. Modified it on his drone sent it off. Then they fixed it free of charge. I would not advise this but DJI are very very disrespectful. And he payed 2000$ For his drone. When it happened to me DJI replaced it free of charge. But i already shipped it to them to get a landing gear side panel fixed. As the little plastic thingy came off. And i wanted it clean. I had DJI Care Refresh at the time. But yea man that sucks. DJI have gone really crap lately. And not a satisfied customer. Hope its all good budy !

firstly they were very friendly and told me not to take any risk to recover the drone, i have only to send both files (MCdatflightrecords and Flightrecord) then they told me that they are not able to evaluate the Data because File Fly115 is missing and the drone must be present to evaluate the data out of it. I was forced to recover the drone to send it in, now i got this blody answer.. Liquid damge.
they did not evaluate any data out of the drone.
2018-11-2
Use props
TheKJ
lvl.3
United Kingdom

RedHotPoker Posted at 11-2 18:16

I can see you care what people think ;) xDDDDD Lmfao
2018-11-2
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

Phantom Pilot Posted at 11-2 16:43
Now i got this ridiculous message from DJI.I do not know what crash damage should a drone has when it falls into water?!!!! DJI does not reply my emails and they just ignore me..absolutely disrespectful.

Hi there, we are so sorry for the crash accident, please note the battery of the consumer drone is different from the TB50/TB55, the post in 9# by Susan has nothing to do with the consumer drone's battery.
Upon checking your case, before you sent in the drone, we have processed the data analysis that the flight record ended and we are unable to figure out what happened afterward. Now since you have sent in the drone, we will escalate your concern to the appropriate team to see if we can find more about the accident, we will have someone to follow up your case and keep you updated, please wait patiently, thank you.
2018-11-2
Use props
RedHotPoker
Captain
Canada

TheKJ Posted at 11-2 18:40
I can see you care what people think ;) xDDDDD Lmfao

I could care less what you think.
What I do care about is your attitude and behaviour within the confines and context of this forum.

You know, DJI could have simply deleted this post. Correct?
So when a forum member or DJI representative responds to you, in kind, show a little less anger and a bit more maturity.

Next time you crash, it “might” be a different ending...  everyone here only wants the very best for each other. We do care, perhaps too much at times.

Just suggesting you share your kindness and politeness, to get your just rewards.

Sorry for being harsh, you didn’t deserve that much reaction. Thanks

RedHotPoker
2018-11-2
Use props
TheKJ
lvl.3
United Kingdom

RedHotPoker Posted at 11-2 18:50
I could care less what you think.
What I do care about is your attitude and behaviour within the confines and context of this forum.

Okkkkkkkkk
2018-11-2
Use props
RedHotPoker
Captain
Canada

It’s Aok bud, we all have frustration. Bad days.

It’s called life by many, yeah and with mutliple symptoms. Ha

RedHotPoker

2018-11-2
Use props
Hellsgate
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1991555 ft
Australia

This just from a face book page
FB_IMG_1541217405674.jpg
2018-11-2
Use props
Phantom Pilot
lvl.4
Germany

DJI Mindy Posted at 11-2 18:46
Hi there, we are so sorry for the crash accident, please note the battery of the consumer drone is different from the TB50/TB55, the post in 9# by Susan has nothing to do with the consumer drone's battery.
Upon checking your case, before you sent in the drone, we have processed the data analysis that the flight record ended and we are unable to figure out what happened afterward. Now since you have sent in the drone, we will escalate your concern to the appropriate team to see if we can find more about the accident, we will have someone to follow up your case and keep you updated, please wait patiently, thank you.

Thank you DJI Mindy for your response, now i feel someone cares about my issue.
2018-11-2
Use props
jacksonnai
Captain
Malaysia

ATJ Posted at 11-1 09:06

Hmm maybe change it to I apologize?
or is there other words can replace it
2018-11-2
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

Phantom Pilot Posted at 11-2 20:12
Thank you DJI Mindy for your response, now i feel someone cares about my issue.

No problem, you can always keep us updated if you need any assistance. Hope your case will be sorted out soon.
2018-11-2
Use props
RedHotPoker
Captain
Canada

jacksonnai Posted at 11-2 21:24
Hmm maybe change it to I apologize?
or is there other words can replace it

We regret for your inconvenience, and costly crash.

But are happy to replace it, when the bill has been tallied. ;-)

I don’t know...

RedHotPoker
2018-11-2
Use props
jacksonnai
Captain
Malaysia

RedHotPoker Posted at 11-2 23:20
We regret for your inconvenience, and costly crash.

But are happy to replace it, when the bill has been tallied. ;-)

5 stars customers service Lol just joking
2018-11-3
Use props
RedHotPoker
Captain
Canada

jacksonnai Posted at 11-3 00:43
5 stars customers service Lol just joking

They shall remain faceless and nameless.
Just a lovely tailored, double breasted, four button, suit. Silk tie.

4A667C70-22DE-4F6D-B413-41C3A901A3FF.png
Well heeled of course. Ha

RedHotPoker

2018-11-3
Use props
ATJ
lvl.4
United States

RedHotPoker Posted at 11-2 18:13
What would be more appropriate? No reply at all perhaps.

Are you SERIOUS RHP, after all the CRAP you post on these forums, your telling me I can't voice my opinion!
2018-11-3
Use props
RedHotPoker
Captain
Canada

ATJ Posted at 11-3 03:13
Are you SERIOUS RHP, after all the CRAP you post on these forums, your telling me I can't voice my opinion!

It’s possible to say the same thing, using more polite terms.

No, you can say what ever you like....

A forum friend sent me this quote, after reading my comments on this post.
How people treat you is their karma, how you react is yours.”

RedHotPoker

2018-11-3
Use props
RedHotPoker
Captain
Canada

Dirty Bird Posted at 11-3 06:40
I have owned 10 DJI drones with over 100 hours of flight time & probably ten million feet of total flight distance.  In all that time I've never had one "fall from the sky".

That’s a great DJI experience.

RedHotPoker
2018-11-3
Use props
ATJ
lvl.4
United States

RedHotPoker Posted at 11-2 18:16

Your nonsensical posts are getting a little old too...
2018-11-3
Use props
RedHotPoker
Captain
Canada

ATJ Posted at 11-3 11:11

I won’t even honour your snyde comments with rebuttal.

But have a nice stay. Come again. Hahaha

5CAB4FEB-7183-45B2-A536-E45879519036.jpeg

RedHotPoker
2018-11-3
Use props
TheKJ
lvl.3
United Kingdom

ATJ Posted at 11-3 11:11

Lmfao this thread is funny. lol
2018-11-4
Use props
RedHotPoker
Captain
Canada

TheKJ Posted at 11-4 12:38
Lmfao this thread is funny. lol

Laughter is the very best medicine.

Try it, in the dentist chair, after the stinging multiple injections.

What are you, numb or something? Hahaha

080306C8-E88D-4002-8377-EA24600789D2.jpeg

Corneal transplant with the patient in cannabis extract stupor.

RedHotPoker

2018-11-4
Use props
Oracle008
lvl.2
Flight distance : 4744 ft
United States

DJI Mindy Posted at 2018-11-2 18:46

this respond is bull...###... the same thing was said  to me... we can evaluate because the transmission is cut. of course!!! because the drone popped the battery, the record got cut out immediately.
2019-11-18
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

Oracle008 Posted at 11-18 01:29
this respond is bull...###... the same thing was said  to me... we can evaluate because the transmission is cut. of course!!! because the drone popped the battery, the record got cut out immediately.

Sorry for know you have the same experience, I managed to get your case number via your Forum account and it was a year ago. Our higher-level team has explained and provided the final offer. Sorry again for any inconvenience caused.
2019-11-22
Use props
RedHotPoker
Captain
Canada

Oracle008 Posted at 11-18 01:29

Why the very late response?

RedHotPoker

2019-11-25
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules