Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Mavic 2 won't finish sensor calibration
14608 38 2018-11-1
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
fansfe7a5ef8
lvl.1
United States

I haved followed all of the steps and it gets hung up at the end and just stays on 0%
2018-11-1
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hi Fansfe7a5ef8. I am sorry to know that you are having issues in calibrating the sensor of you DJI Mavic 2. May I know which specific sensor are you having issues with, please?
2018-11-1
Use props
fansfe7a5ef8
lvl.1
United States

The final stage of calibration won't work, it get stuck at 0%. The calibration goes fine on all sensor but when it tries to put it all together it just sits at 0%. I have seen other post asking the same question.
2018-11-1
Use props
Fraggboy
lvl.4
Flight distance : 81401 ft
United States

Have you restarted your computer as well as the M2?  Also, what version of Assistant are you running?
2018-11-1
Use props
fansfe7a5ef8
lvl.1
United States

Yes and yes, I have it installed on 2 computers, Windows 10 and 7, both have the same problem. It calibrates just like its supposed to but wont finish it up. And they are both 2.0.4 version.
2018-11-1
Use props
Fraggboy
lvl.4
Flight distance : 81401 ft
United States

After thinking about it more, have you reset your M2?  You might want to try that.  If it still doesn't finish calibrating, the next step will be to open up a case.
2018-11-2
Use props
fansfe7a5ef8
lvl.1
United States

Yes I reset the Drone, still no luck. I have noticed something odd though it might be nothing, when watching all the calibration videos they start off with the front sensors, with the drone on its side with the bottom facing to the left. If I do that all the moves I have to make to line it up are in reverse. in other words if I want to move up I move down. If I switch the drone to the bottom facing right it works normal.
2018-11-2
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

fansfe7a5ef8 Posted at 11-2 15:21
Yes I reset the Drone, still no luck. I have noticed something odd though it might be nothing, when watching all the calibration videos they start off with the front sensors, with the drone on its side with the bottom facing to the left. If I do that all the moves I have to make to line it up are in reverse. in other words if I want to move up I move down. If I switch the drone to the bottom facing right it works normal.

Hi there, sorry for all the trouble. If it is convenient for you, kindly provide a short video showing the issue so that I can check it on my end. You can upload it by using google-drive or Dropbox and provide the link here. Thanks for your support.
2018-11-6
Use props
SH3RMAN91
lvl.1
France

Hello,

same problem with my mavic 2 i'm unable to calibrate vision sensor, it stay stuck at 0% on dji assistant 2 !

Does anyone can help us to fix this ?

Best regards
2018-11-12
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator

SH3RMAN91 Posted at 11-12 08:24
Hello,

same problem with my mavic 2 i'm unable to calibrate vision sensor, it stay stuck at 0% on dji assistant 2 !

Hi there, sorry for the trouble. May I know what operating system you are using to calibrate the Vision System? Did you encounter an error code or error message? If yes, kindly provide a screenshot. Please try to use a different cable and use a different stable internet so that we can isolate the issue. If the issue is still the same, please try to calibrate the Vision Sytem on a different PC. You can uninstall DJI assistant 2 and re download the software using this link: (https://www.dji.com/mavic-2/info#downloads) and follow the video tutorial below. Thanks for your support.

2018-11-15
Use props
parkgt214
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1167008 ft
United States

DJI Paladin Posted at 11-15 05:33
Hi there, sorry for the trouble. May I know what operating system you are using to calibrate the Vision System? Did you encounter an error code or error message? If yes, kindly provide a screenshot. Please try to use a different cable and use a different stable internet so that we can isolate the issue. If the issue is still the same, please try to calibrate the Vision Sytem on a different PC. You can uninstall DJI assistant 2 and re download the software using this link: (https://www.dji.com/mavic-2/info#downloads) and follow the video tutorial below. Thanks for your support.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Mum2h31g2pc

I tried all the tricks mentioned in several posting on a couple of sites , with no success.  I have dual 27" 4K monitors and nothing worked.  So I got out a smaller screened laptop and it sailed right through on the first try.
2018-11-15
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator

parkgt214 Posted at 11-15 05:55
I tried all the tricks mentioned in several posting on a couple of sites , with no success.  I have dual 27" 4K monitors and nothing worked.  So I got out a smaller screened laptop and it sailed right through on the first try.

I'm glad that the issue has been resolved. Generally, the screen should be no less than 12.5 inch, and I would recommend to adjust to 1920x1080 because sometimes the issue is the resolution of the monitor. If you have other concern, please let us know. Thanks for your support.
2018-11-15
Use props
parkgt214
lvl.4
United States

DJI Paladin Posted at 11-15 08:52
I'm glad that the issue has been resolved. Generally, the screen should be no less than 12.5 inch, and I would recommend to adjust to 1920x1080 because sometimes the issue is the resolution of the monitor. If you have other concern, please let us know. Thanks for your support.

I tried all that without success.  The DJI calibration app is too finicky.  Another half-baked thing from DJI.
2018-11-16
Use props
SH3RMAN91
lvl.1
France

I'm experiencing the same problem ! I just received today a DJI shipping label to sent it back for diagnosis
2018-11-16
Use props
DRONE-flies-YOU!
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1450594 ft
United States

SH3RMAN91 Posted at 11-16 07:22
I'm experiencing the same problem ! I just received today a DJI shipping label to sent it back for diagnosis

It is almost certainly the cable being used and/or the USB port used. Try using all the other USB ports and a different cable. You are sending back a perfectly working drone! It is always the computer or the cable.

Also try reinstalling Assistant and that extra driver too. Restart computer...
2018-11-16
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator

parkgt214 Posted at 11-16 05:54
I tried all that without success.  The DJI calibration app is too finicky.  Another half-baked thing from DJI.

e're very sorry to hear about the unpleasant experience that you had. Regarding your concern, we advise to use a 14" monitor to calibrate the vision system. Set the display’s resolution to the recommended default value. (Usually, the 14-inch display’s resolution should be set at 1366*768 or 1440*900. The 17-inch display’s resolution: 1366*768 or 1280*720. The 19-inch display’s resolution: 1366*768 or 1440*900. The 22-inch display’s resolution: 1680*1050 or 1920*1080. The 24-inch display’s resolution: 1920*1080 or 1920*1200.) After that please retry to calibrate the vision system again. If the issue persist, please let me know. Thanks!
2018-11-16
Use props
SH3RMAN91
lvl.1
France

Thanks you for the reply, i were able to do calibration on my computer with DJI assistant 2 for mavic (YES! i were thinking) but even with green icon i'm unable to get the side sensor working
I have to pack it for diagnosis at DJI NL
will update for news

Regards
2018-11-16
Use props
parkgt214
lvl.4
United States

I could never get it to complete on my desktop PC.  Procedure worked fine but the calibration failed many times.  Finally hooked to an older laptop and it worked the first try.
2018-11-16
Use props
fansfe7a5ef8
lvl.1
United States

Tried 3rd pc and it worked perfectly.
2018-11-16
Use props
I OVER I EQUALS I
New

Canada

I had the same problem, with a larger screen. Changing to a smaller lap top immediately solved the problem.
2019-2-8
Use props
djiuser_tJy603PIo8cO
lvl.1
Australia

I've been having the exact same problem. It gets to Calculating, and sits on Zero forever. I've tried 2 PC's (1920x1080 screens), and a PC laptop, same thing every time. Trying on an 8 year old macbook laptop now but it can barely render the images on the screen and it's very laggy. I'm using the DJI supplied cable. I could try another cable, but connection never breaks from the drone, rather the software just hanging on Calculating at Zero, forever.
2019-4-24
Use props
Rexxyboy
lvl.1
Australia

Tried the above procedure on the Mac, exactly the same problem, gets to the end of calibration, says calculating, and sites at Zero. I tried one last time on every device above with a different cable, no change. It's clearly an issue with the software. DJI have openly stated they will no longer be updating this app, so it's pretty much game over for self calibration. Gonna have to send this drone back to DJI for replacement, only had it a week!
2019-4-24
Use props
Rexxyboy
lvl.1
Australia

UPDATE: It worked! I'm embarrassed to admit i initially downloaded the wrong verison fro my Drone. I needed Assistant 2 for Mavic, Not the plain old Assistant 2.
2019-4-24
Use props
djiuser_K35Ojird5v7l
New
United States

Hey guys I need some help, I just got the mavic 2 pro and I can't get the visual calibration to work it gets stuck at 0% when I'm done the calibration. I've tried 3 computers, multiple times, removing and reinstalling assistance 2 software, turning the unit on and off, and 4 monitors 15.5" 17" 27" and 28" nothing seems to make a  difference. Can you please let me know what I should do?
2019-6-9
Use props
EMPIREURN
lvl.2
United Kingdom

Same issue for me - M2Pro, DJI ASSISTANT  .... tried 'for MAVIC ' version and it worked fine
2019-6-15
Use props
djiuser_5hOd5ZyFp4hD
New
United States

I was having the same problem myself.

Make sure you are using the correct assistant app!
2019-7-18
Use props
Matyas
lvl.1
Hungary

Hello! I have exactly the same problem! The calibration of all of the sensors are ok but the last part always stays at 0%. I restarted everything 100 times, but it doesnt work. I have windows 10 and DJI Assistant 2.  Please see the screenshot. Thank you for your help in advance.
2019-11-18
Use props
fansad7d401f
lvl.1
United States

I don’t know how a company can release such a poor program. Poor on-screen instruction.

Tried all the solutions and calibration is stuck at 0%. Restarted. Reinstalled. Powered on and off. Run through it three times. Nothing.
2020-6-9
Use props
Guillermo Aldana Aguilar
New

Guatemala

i HAVE THE SAME PROBLEM!
2020-7-8
Use props
Guillermo Aldana Aguilar
New

Guatemala

Rexxyboy Posted at 2019-4-24 20:52
UPDATE: It worked! I'm embarrassed to admit i initially downloaded the wrong verison fro my Drone. I needed Assistant 2 for Mavic, Not the plain old Assistant 2.

I have the verion 2 and is the same problem
2020-7-8
Use props
Dekortic
New
Flight distance : 1644 ft

France

make sure that you are using the right app, it happened to me, follow the link provided by DJI website the app must be the one dedicated to M2P , it has solved the issue for me
2020-8-16
Use props
tarek rawda
New

Lebanon

GUYS FOUND THE ANSWER!  it's not the screen neither the display settings. There is basically 2 applications on the dji website. one named assistant 2 and the other assistant for maverick.
find below the link:
https://www.dji.com/downloads?site=brandsite&from=nav

chose the right one and you are all set.

cheers
2020-8-26
Use props
GRUMPY69
lvl.1
Flight distance : 13711 ft
United Kingdom

I’m having the same issues
2021-2-7
Use props
fansd3aff505
lvl.1
Flight distance : 1889072 ft
Canada

After having all the same problems listed on previous posts, and after trying two different PC’s with different screen size screens with no success. In a last attempt i tried using a laptop....and SUCCESSFUL!!
2021-5-23
Use props
djiuser_azAmaQ0MdBI0
New
India

After calibration of all vision sensors i get this error code
2021-8-25
Use props
djiuser_kAnJTolrZQMZ
New

Canada

I had the same problem, it would freeze at 0% after going through the steps, but as some one posted before, I downloaded the wrong software, for the mavic 2 pro every one should download the DJI assist 2 for mavic.

It worked for me!
2021-11-20
Use props
drowles
lvl.1
United States

Fraggboy Posted at 2018-11-1 17:40
Have you restarted your computer as well as the M2?  Also, what version of Assistant are you running?

When you say what version of "assistant" I'm not following. Am I supposed to be working with an additional software program than the "DJI Go 4" app?
2022-2-28
Use props
Muttley7
lvl.4
United States

drowles Posted at 2022-2-28 15:59
When you say what version of "assistant" I'm not following. Am I supposed to be working with an additional software program than the "DJI Go 4" app?

Good thing I stumbled on this discussion thread because this is the first time I've ever heard of the SECOND edition of Dji Assistant 2 that is dedicated to Mavics.   A special repeated notification from DJI about the  distinction between the two versions of DJI Assistant 2 would have saved lots of people hours of stressful wasted time as they struggled repeatedly to calibrate their Mavics using the WRONG version of DJI Assistant 2.  

I am now downloading the correct version of DJI ASsistant 2 for my Mavic 2 Pro but I'll never get back the 4 hours spent cumulatively in a futile effort to calibrate the drone with the WRONG version of DJI Assistant 2.
2023-11-18
Use props
Muttley7
lvl.4
United States

Muttley7 Posted at 11-18 08:42
Good thing I stumbled on this discussion thread because this is the first time I've ever heard of the SECOND edition of Dji Assistant 2 that is dedicated to Mavics.   A special repeated notification from DJI about the  distinction between the two versions of DJI Assistant 2 would have saved lots of people hours of stressful wasted time as they struggled repeatedly to calibrate their Mavics using the WRONG version of DJI Assistant 2.  

I am now downloading the correct version of DJI ASsistant 2 for my Mavic 2 Pro but I'll never get back the 4 hours spent cumulatively in a futile effort to calibrate the drone with the WRONG version of DJI Assistant 2.

Sure enough, when I used the version of DJI Assistant 2 for Mavics, the calibration of my Mavic 2 Pro's obstacle avoidance sensors worked on the first attempt, and the "Percentage Calculation" slider scrolled smoothly from 0 to 100% in less than a minute. Prior to stumbling on this discussion thread I had wasted over 3 hours repeatedly attempting to celebrate my Mavi 12 Pro with the WRONG version of DJI Assistant 2.  

If the existence of TWO DJI Assistant 2 versions had been pointed out to the very first person who lodged the complaint about a Mavic 2 Pro's calibration process being stuck at the "0% Calculation" stage, the most likely cause of that failure to calculate would have been made immediately apparent to anyone who was experiencing similar problems during their attempts to calibrate their Mavic 2 Pro.

The genius caliber engineering prowess that goes into designing DJI drones has secured the company's pole position as the perennial leading edge trend-setter of the genre, BUT the information vacuum that all too often confronts DJI customers leaves much to be desired, to put it delicately.  As a footnote, my Mavic 1 Pro's procedure for obstacle sensor calibration worked without a hitch when I used the (Non-Mavic) version of DJI Assistant 2, so I had no inkling at all that my Mavic 2 Pro would require a separate dedicated edition of DJI assistant 2 for the very same sensor calibration process.
2023-11-18
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules