1437 13 2018-11-1
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
philipplux_film
lvl.4
Flight distance : 155994 ft
Italy

Como, Italy
Shot on Dji Phantom 4 edited with Adobe Premiere Pro.
I added a little cinematic vibe by bringing the brightness down and the conrtast up added black cinematic bars and did other little colour corrections I hope I will get the 2 place because I want to upgrade from the Phantom 4 to the Phantom 4 Pro.

2018-11-1
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
Flight distance : 2560453 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

Very good entry!
2018-11-2
Use props
philipplux_film
lvl.4
Italy

2018-11-2
Use props
philipplux_film
lvl.4
Italy

Montfrooij Posted at 11-2 01:02
Very good entry!

Thank you we were hiking on this hill and I found it very beautiful so i took a few shots
2018-11-2
Use props
TontonAlainG
lvl.4
Flight distance : 4537 ft
  • >>>
France

Too dark, would need one or two IL up.
2018-11-2
Use props
Elettrone78
lvl.4
Flight distance : 2840512 ft
  • >>>
Italy

Technical opinions aside, while you can fly in certain areas over the Lake of Como you cann't fly over the urban structures surrounding it.
As a matter of fact you should have kept your drone at least 150m away from such places.
Also in  the future please refer to THIS map to check where you can or can't fly in Italy.If you get caught by local authorities you'll get your drone impounded and charged with a penal crime.

Regarding the video, in a such grey and dark day the last thing I would do in post is to darken it even more.
The P4P h264 encoding is just bad in color retention when it comes to very dark scenes and you made it even worse , next time bump up iso or remove ND filters and let a lot more light hit the sensor.
Grading will be much easier and noise can be removed.
2018-11-2
Use props
philipplux_film
lvl.4
Italy

TontonAlainG Posted at 11-2 01:19
Too dark, would need one or two IL up.

Yeah the problem was that when I was filming there were many clouds and low light but I wanted to film with an ND 4 filter and in the editing I found that it looks bad if i put the brightness up so i keept it and brought the highlights also down so it looks more cinematic
2018-11-2
Use props
Elettrone78
lvl.4
  • >>>
Italy

philipplux_film Posted at 11-2 01:24
Yeah the problem was that when I was filming there were many clouds and low light but I wanted to film with an ND 4 filter and in the editing I found that it looks bad if i put the brightness up so i keept it and brought the highlights also down so it looks more cinematic

It doesn't look more cinematic, it looks bad.
Also you didn't need ND filter in these scenes as there is little to no motion...
I'm sorry to be the game breaker but I hardly see criticism on these forums and confrontation with other people is what makes us grow.
Again be mindful of where you fly and don't break the law please.
2018-11-2
Use props
philipplux_film
lvl.4
Italy

Elettrone78 Posted at 11-2 01:24
Technical opinions aside, while you can fly in certain areas over the Lake of Como you cann't fly over the urban structures surrounding it.
As a matter of fact you should have kept your drone at least 150m away from such places.
Also in  the future please refer to THIS map to check where you can or can't fly in Italy.If you get caught by local authorities you'll get your drone impounded and charged with a penal crime.

Thank you for critic you are absolutely right about not flying over other propeties but I found that the village looked so good from above and I wanted to share it with you guys. But very nice that you looked it up extra for me. I agree with you without critic we cant get better but what you said with putting the ISO up i find that it adds an unnatural look to the footage so I try to not really use it and I was filming on that cloudy day because I had no other opportunitie because we were only staying one day. And I would never Ignore a critic because in every critic is a advice.
2018-11-2
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
Flight distance : 2560453 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

philipplux_film Posted at 11-2 01:04
Thank you we were hiking on this hill and I found it very beautiful so i took a few shots

You're welcome!
Always nice to get inspired!
2018-11-2
Use props
Elettrone78
lvl.4
  • >>>
Italy

philipplux_film Posted at 11-2 01:43
Thank you for critic you are absolutely right about not flying over other propeties but I found that the village looked so good from above and I wanted to share it with you guys. But very nice that you looked it up extra for me. I agree with you without critic we cant get better but what you said with putting the ISO up i find that it adds an unnatural look to the footage so I try to not really use it and I was filming on that cloudy day because I had no other opportunitie because we were only staying one day. And I would never Ignore a critic because in every critic is a advice.

but I found that the village looked so good from above and I wanted to share it with you guys

My intention is not to offend anyone but that is the excuse that a child would use, the law is the law.
I'm a pro with a regular italian license and I don't do it so why should you?
Just don't whatever you feel should be shared or not, thanks.

putting the ISO up i find that it adds an unnatural look to the footage
This is non sense, if you need more light and you can't light up your scene you either open the lens iris or bump up the ISO.

2018-11-2
Use props
philipplux_film
lvl.4
Germany

Elettrone78 Posted at 11-2 02:39
but I found that the village looked so good from above and I wanted to share it with you guys

My intention is not to offend anyone but that is the excuse that a child would use, the law is the law.

The lens was open fully next time i try with ISO
2018-11-2
Use props
andy10
lvl.4
Flight distance : 4585692 ft
  • >>>
Slovenia

Allow me to join this discussion.
I absolutely agree with flight restrictions regulated by the law. We can see or hear almost daily that somebody fly irresponsible and against all regulations. Doing that he or she support the negative public attitude to drone flying. By continuously braking the rules puts everybody here in our drone flying community into the more and more restrictive environment. Therefore we all must act against such practices wherever and whenever is possible.
Unfortunately irresponsible flying can be seen every day in this and all other forums where air videos are published. At least at contests such videos should not be accepted.
I apology if maybe you got an impression of abuse your thread but it just came into the context. I'm speaking generally not about your video where just some minor violations can be noticed.
I agree with all that's been said about brightness in your video. Just a little more light would do it much better.

Best regards
Andy         
2018-11-2
Use props
philipplux_film
lvl.4
Germany

andy10 Posted at 11-2 13:07
Allow me to join this discussion.
I absolutely agree with flight restrictions regulated by the law. We can see or hear almost daily that somebody fly irresponsible and against all regulations. Doing that he or she support the negative public attitude to drone flying. By continuously braking the rules puts everybody here in our drone flying community into the more and more restrictive environment. Therefore we all must act against such practices wherever and whenever is possible.
Unfortunately irresponsible flying can be seen every day in this and all other forums where air videos are published. At least at contests such videos should not be accepted.

I understand your worries about flying on other properties and bothering other people but I was flying so high that they couldn't here it they couldn't see it in the video are no persons so i don't interrupt any privacy I didn't damage any properties or anything and I was flying about 5 minutes there so I dont see a problem there what we should rather be talking about is peoples privacy in connection with drones I see the biggest problem in showing peopels faces in videos but this is not the place to discuss about that topic I am sure that there are many forums about it were you all can write about that topic but I would be very glad if no more comments will be written about it because we all know now that it is not good for our commmunity to disturb privacy with Drones Thank you
2018-11-2
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules