Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
DJI Go 4 crashing during editing
3771 11 2018-11-1
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Spartan DJI
lvl.1
Flight distance : 170974 ft
United States

I have tried to use the DJI Go 4 app Version 4.3.3 with my IPad (newest IOS 12.1) to edit my Mavic Air videos.
I have uploaded the videos from the SD card in to the iPad and imported them into the Go 4 app.
When I try to edit the video and make clips from the original it works fine until I press save clips a new video.
I starts to process and gets to between 30 - 40% and stops. After about 30 seconds the app crashes and closes.
I have uninstalled, cleared the cache, even hoped on one leg as I spin lol nothing has worked.

2018-11-1
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator

Hi there, we're sorry for any inconvenience caused. Can you please try edit different video so we can check if you will have the same issue? Please keep us posted for further help. Thanks.
2018-11-2
Use props
Spartan DJI
lvl.1
United States

DJI Natalia Posted at 11-2 09:47
Hi there, we're sorry for any inconvenience caused. Can you please try edit different video so we can check if you will have the same issue? Please keep us posted for further help. Thanks.

Happens with all videos that I try to edit
2018-11-2
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator

Spartan DJI Posted at 11-2 15:08
Happens with all videos that I try to edit

Hi, thanks for the quick reply. Can you please try to use the different device so we can check? Thank you.
2018-11-2
Use props
Spartan DJI
lvl.1
United States

DJI Natalia Posted at 11-2 15:20
Hi, thanks for the quick reply. Can you please try to use the different device so we can check? Thank you.

It’s only happening on my iPad. The iPhone performs the edit without an issue. However the iPhone is editing the lower resolution video that was transmitted from the Mavic Air. The iPad is working with the full resolution videos from the SD card.
2018-11-2
Use props
Spartan DJI
lvl.1
United States

DJI Natalia,
2018-11-3
Use props
Spartan DJI
lvl.1
United States

DJI Natalia Posted at 11-2 09:47

I have tried another new iPad with 128 GB of memory and the latest iOS & DJI GO 4 release.
I get exactly the same outcome. I will detail the steps below in hopes that you can reproduce the issue and help solve this.

I import a 4 minute video off the Mavic Air SD card into the iPad Albums
I start the DJI GO 4 application and go into editor and the top Album tab
I click on the top left import icon and chose local videos
I find the Imported Mavic Air videos that had been imported from the SD card
I picked only one 4 minute video and click on the blue import tab at the bottom
I proceed to click on the imported video under my album tab and then click on the CLIP button at the bottom of the screen
I choose several clips from the 4 minute movie ( i have tried long clips and short clips)
I click on save on the top right and save as new footage.
I get a new screen that says creating your video. Please wait outputing videos and it goes thru 10%, 20%, 30% and then before 40% it stops and crashes.... I loose everything!

Please help, I am unable to create clips from my movies
2018-11-3
Use props
Spartan DJI
lvl.1
United States

2018-11-3
Use props
Spartan DJI
lvl.1
United States

DJI what’s going on “NO ANSWERS” NO SUGGESTIONS....NADA?
2018-11-8
Use props
Spartan DJI
lvl.1
United States

2019-3-28
Use props
Spartan DJI
lvl.1
United States

Issue is still happening right at 40% when trying to save clips as new footage
2019-3-28
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

Hi Spartan DJI, sorry for the late response. As for the crash during the editing, may we know what's the resolution of the video you edited? If the issue remains after updating to the latest App, please kindly refer to the below and export the crash log for further analysis, thank you!
iTools>Toolbox>Advanced Features> Crash Log
2019-3-29
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules