Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Bitesteel
lvl.2
Flight distance : 110151 ft
New Zealand

Hey

Mavic 2 Pro

There's no one to blame but the pilot - me.
Flying around the sports field and got a touch of over-confidence with 10 mins flying time - hit the soccer goal top cross bar.

Everything is working but the camera mount has somehow expanded at the swivel joint (see photo). Pressing the opposing camera mounts easily brings the mounts together snuggly but when the pressure is released one side opens back up 1 mm.

Any ideas?

gimbal

gimbal

2018-11-2
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

Hi Bitesteel, thanks for reaching DJI Forum. We do feel sad about what happened to your aircraft. We suggest sending in the aircraft for repairs. Please contact support@dji.com for us to assist you. Should you have any concerns, don't hesitate to reach us. Thank you.
2018-11-2
Use props
Sky Carrier
lvl.4
Flight distance : 590102 ft
Netherlands

Yep, as Gamora said, file a case and send it in for repairs.
2018-11-2
Use props
Bitesteel
lvl.2
New Zealand

I suspect the DJI repair agent will want to replace the entire camera and gimbal $$$. As everything is working fine I am inclined to leave it as is to avoid the heavy cost.
2018-11-2
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

Bitesteel Posted at 11-2 19:07
I suspect the DJI repair agent will want to replace the entire camera and gimbal $$$. As everything is working fine I am inclined to leave it as is to avoid the heavy cost.

Hi, thanks for the response. We understand that your concern is the pricing of the repair since we've admittedly that it was caused by the pilot. However, for you to have the idea of the pricing of the repair, you can use the link below. Thank you for the support.

https://repair.dji.com/repair/price-inquiry
2018-11-4
Use props
Bitesteel
lvl.2
New Zealand

DJI Tony Posted at 11-4 14:46
Hi, thanks for the response. We understand that your concern is the pricing of the repair since we've admittedly that it was caused by the pilot. However, for you to have the idea of the pricing of the repair, you can use the link below. Thank you for the support.

https://repair.dji.com/repair/price-inquiry

Thanks DJI Tony, that link is really helpful and pricing isn't anywhere near as bad as I thought!

For the above picture, I think I am looking at the following component:
"Mavic 2 Pro Gimbal Axis Arm Module"
2018-11-16
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

Bitesteel Posted at 11-16 13:42
Thanks DJI Tony, that link is really helpful and pricing isn't anywhere near as bad as I thought!

For the above picture, I think I am looking at the following component:

Hi, thanks for your prompt reply. Sorry that we're not selling that kind of specific part due to warranty avoidance. However, if any case that you need to reach our support, you could use the email that DJI Gamora's provided.  Thank you for understanding.
2018-11-18
Use props
Lucas775
Second Officer
Flight distance : 50642090 ft
  • >>>
United States

We need more pictures on where it separates.  
2018-11-18
Use props
Bitesteel
lvl.2
New Zealand

Here are several additional photos

2018-11-19
Use props
Bitesteel
lvl.2
New Zealand

Also, despite this, the gimbal operates perfectly.
The main gimbal arm can be squeezed gently back against the camera side and the gap closes but as soon as I release the pressure it opens again.
2018-11-19
Use props
Scott Pearce
New

Hi Bitesteel, I’m in the same situation. Did you end up figuring out what was wrong?
2019-10-3
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules