Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Klaus W.
Second Officer
Flight distance : 118366 ft
Germany

Hi,
this was shot on a Mavic Air.
Now I'm wondering if a lens hood would have mitigated this lens flare?
Has anybody had success using a hood in a situation like this?
Regards
Klaus

2018-11-2
Use props
WillDunwoody
lvl.2
Flight distance : 452887 ft
Italy

Where you using a filter? I'm just curious to know if this effect still happens if there is a filter on the lens?
2018-11-2
Use props
Klaus W.
Second Officer
Germany

WillDunwoody Posted at 11-2 03:44
Where you using a filter? I'm just curious to know if this effect still happens if there is a filter on the lens?

No filter, since every transition from air to glass/glass to air induces reflections; that‘s how lens flare happens in the first place. Even high quality multicoated filters are prone to this.
Maybe a polarizing filter could have done a little, but how to orient it for optimum effect midair?
2018-11-2
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

Hi thanks for reaching DJI Forum. We do apologize for the troubles you had recently with your recent video. Unfortunately, a lens hood is not supported with the DJI Mavic Air or to any of our aircraft. You may use filters, and they play hugely important tool for most outdoor shots and can add a lot of control to the end look of an image while you're still shooting. But, flares add dramas depending on the type of photos you want to explore. Thank you for sharing your video. Have a safe flight always.
2018-11-2
Use props
Klaus W.
Second Officer
Germany

Thx for getting back to me on this. Filters do not help in this case.
2018-11-2
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules