DJI Care Refresh Question
857 4 2018-11-2
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
SLUF Driver6
lvl.1

United States

I sent my P4A on the DJI Care Refresh plan on the 21st of October. I was issued a Case #CAS-2366854-G9P8B9 and received by the repair facility on 30 October.  Today I received an email stating "According to the analysis, the incident was not caused by any product malfunction. We can still proceed with the repair, however, you will cover the repair charges."  

My DJI Care Refresh Agreement is current since I purchased it with the P4A in August 2018.

Two questions:

1.  It was my understanding that one of the selling points of the Care Refresh is to return a working unit quickly without much analysis.  I mean, I know what happened due to operator error and sent in the debrief. Is it typical that they always got through an analysis procedure? Kinda defeats the purpose of a quick turn around in my mind.

"1) Damage to aircraft, gimbal or camera due to dropping, compression, or crashing caused by operator error or accident, will be supported by the replacement service provided that the unit is sent to DJI within the period of validity."

2.  Is it common to have the adjuster (repair crew) not have the DJI Care Refresh Agreement for that unit at hand when they send their response that it can be repaired?

I replied back my DJI Care Refresh Agreement to support referencing this case  Is there anything else I need to follow up with them to get a unit back quickly? Out of service now for almost two weeks, and missing some opportunities.

2018-11-2
Use props
ALABAMA
First Officer
Flight distance : 10442687 ft
United States

It takes a while to go thru the system.
2018-11-2
Use props
DJI Diana
Administrator
Flight distance : 2408 ft

Hi Richard, I'm sorry to hear about the delay on the process. Since you send the unit under regular repair ticket, Analysis is being offered to check if it can still be covered under regular warranty. If you processed a Refresh Express case, that's the time that our repair team skip this damage assessment and just proceed with replacing the unit. But I can see that we already requested a DJI Care Refresh quote to be sent for your case. Once settled, we'll process the replacement unit and have it shipped asap. Thanks for understanding.
2018-11-2
Use props
SLUF Driver6
lvl.1

United States

Thanks Diana!

I thought I followed the process through this URL: http://www.dji.com/support that was on the DJI care Refresh Agreement.  I must have missed a step in that process. I assumed when they sent me a prepaid UPS Shipping Label I was good to go there.

I just received the quote back and have already issued the replacement payment.  Appreciate the quick response and clarification!!
2018-11-2
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

SLUF Driver6 Posted at 11-2 14:56
Thanks Diana!

I thought I followed the process through this URL: http://www.dji.com/support that was on the DJI care Refresh Agreement.  I must have missed a step in that process. I assumed when they sent me a prepaid UPS Shipping Label I was good to go there.

Hi SLUF Driver6, the process is correct, the data analysis was processed since you stated the drone has been crashed, we just would like to verify if there is any product defect. Your payment has been received, we will replace the drone under DJI Care Refresh and hope you will get it back soon.
2018-11-2
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules