P3A Camera/Video settings
729 2 2018-11-2
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Gary Oliver P3A
lvl.2
Flight distance : 93209 ft

United Kingdom

Hi, can anyone offer me any advice regarding camera and video settings for flying at night? I intend on taking footage of bonfires and firework displays tomorrow night, however I've just been out on a trial run and my video footage is really grainy and dull. Please save your comments regarding not flying at night for someone else, I am flying in a safe place with prior permission and away from the public.

Any advice would be welcomed.

Thank you in advance
2018-11-2
Use props
Geebax
First Officer
Australia

Shooting video with a Phantom at night is not easy, as the camera is not a low light camera. You can get acceptable results taking stills if there is no wind about, as it can make a relatively long exposure. But video will be quite poor unless there is a lot of light on trhe scene.
2018-11-2
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

Hi Gary, thanks for reaching DJI Forum. We do appreciate bringing this query to us. It is recommended to fix ISO at 100. To keep the noise at a minimum, the sensor of the Phantom 3  should be set in the best way possible. The ISO mostly depends upon the time of the day you are shooting. If the shooting is being done at night, ISO can be increased but it should not be increased beyond ISO 400. Your video won’t look professional otherwise. Best possible settings should be used for best possible results. Hope this helps. Thank you.
2018-11-3
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules