Can the bird fly with no camera?
1966 4 2015-6-2
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Faken
lvl.2

Canada

Hey guys,

Suffered a crash with my Phantom 2 V+ falling about 12 feet and landing square on the prop centers (landed upside down perfectly flat).  She survived with no damage to the main body aside from the tops of the props being scraped to hell, and is fully operational but the gimbal is making a grinding sound even though it stabilizes and camera works (had a gimbal saver on).  I am sending in the gimbal to DJI so I disconnected it from the unit and while she still can fly, the app is unable to connect.  I can connect to the phantom's wifi signal and I get the green connect on the main DJI app, but when I click on camera view, I get an error that says unable to connect to Phantom and none of the status's work such as Phantom power, satellites, memory card, bird's relative position etc.  It only shows the power % of the wifi transmitter.  But I can activate and fly the unit (only tried it for a few seconds, didn't want to risk a fly-away).

Is there a way to get this to work while I wait for the gimbal to be repaired/replaced so I can see my flight status indicators without the gimbal being attached?

Man, I hope I don't find anything else not working properly once the gimbal comes back... *prays*

Thanks,
Dan
2015-6-2
Use props
kirk2579
Second Officer
Flight distance : 37415 ft
United States

yes you can fly without the camera and wifi.

without it is is simple a phantom 2.  You do not need to see the status info provided via the video.

It is safe and fun to fly ,

Watch for the GPS home lock and course lock like normal via LED's etc.

everything works as it does with camera,  you just use LOS  to fly.

Good luck and have fun flying
2015-6-2
Use props
Faken
lvl.2

Canada

kirk2579@aol.co Posted at 2015-6-3 06:06
yes you can fly without the camera and wifi.

without it is is simple a phantom 2.  You do not need  ...

OK great thank you!  I just wanted to make sure the loss of flight data information from within the app was due to the gimbal and camera being disconnected rather than because of something else internally that was damaged inside the unit.  As you mentioned, I did notice the LED status lights were behaving normally.

Thank you, I feel a bit better now that I should be all set once the gimbal is repaired.

Dan
2015-6-2
Use props
kirk2579
Second Officer
Flight distance : 37415 ft
United States

Faken Posted at 2015-6-3 06:28
OK great thank you!  I just wanted to make sure the loss of flight data information from within th ...

practice flying now without the gimbal etc.

it is lighter and faster without it, also more responsive!

easier to fly when NOT worrying about 700 dollar camera/gimbal ......

I have a base phantom 2 v1 and I fly it all the time ( and anywhere and everywhere)  and save the vision plus for "good" stuff
2015-6-2
Use props
Faken
lvl.2

Canada

kirk2579@aol.co Posted at 2015-6-3 10:54
practice flying now without the gimbal etc.

it is lighter and faster without it, also more respon ...

Yeppers, I had some fun with it lastnight burning through 2 batteries flying around the park and water's edge near my place.  I LOVE flying this thing!!
2015-6-3
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules