DJI TB50 & TB55 warning
1306 7 2018-11-2
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Dogmadude
lvl.1
Flight distance : 293235 ft
Malaysia

Regarding the caution note set out by DJI relating to use of TB50 & 55 battery.
Are DJI going to recall these batteries from the customers and replace them with others ??

I have Inspire 2 and M210RTK. Is it safe to fly these drones for commercial use and will my insurance company cover the use of the equipment using these batteries ??

2018-11-2
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

Hi, thanks for reaching DJI Forum. We do apologize for the issues with the batteries, however, DJI is taking this step out of an abundance of caution, and we are urgently working on a mitigation plan to allow customers to confidently use these batteries again as soon as possible. DJI is working on a firmware update for the affected batteries which will provide improvements to flight safety and be made available in two weeks. DJI will promptly update customers on the status of these efforts. Your patience is highly appreciated.
2018-11-3
Use props
DJIJAKOB
lvl.4
Flight distance : 740577 ft
  • >>>
Norway

Please check with the civil aviation authority in your country if they have made any statements for M200Series/I2. DJI recommends to not fly above infrastructure, people and cars until the issue has been solved. Also pay attention to the voltage on the battery not the battery percent indicator.
Better safe than sorry...
2018-11-3
Use props
A CW
Captain
Flight distance : 13838848 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Using these drones in commercial ops in the UK have been temporarily banned by the UK CAA. I suggest checking with your national aviation authority - any ban will void insurance.
2018-11-4
Use props
Altitude Drones
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1488520 ft
United Kingdom

Hi.

I havn't received notice of an outright ban.

Is this now the case in the UK?

Please can you share a link?

Thanks
2018-11-4
Use props
Mad_Angler1
Second Officer
Flight distance : 2741657 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

There is no Ban in the UK

The CAA has temporarly removed some permissions with regards to flying over people and in a congested area but it is not grounded or banned and all the insurance companies have stated as long as you follow the guidance then you are covered.
2018-11-4
Use props
Altitude Drones
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1488520 ft
United Kingdom

One permission removed is that now we can't fly within 50m of any persons.

I'm taking that means with or without their permission.

This is really quite restrictive in terms of general operating.

I really hope DJI are looking into a fix very soon. It won't be long before we start loosing jobs and the reputation of us and our drones is severely damaged..
2018-11-5
Use props
djiuser_2dtWgxBXs1AE
lvl.2

Algeria

Using these drones in commercial ops in the UK have been temporarily banned by the UK CAA. I suggest checking with your national aviation authority - any ban will void insurance. I really hope DJI are looking into a fix very soon. It won't be long before we start loosing jobs and the reputation of us and our drones is severely damaged..https://cleanmaster.me/        https://www.oovoo.com/adam4adam/        https://mathway.vip/

2019-2-10
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules