2438 45 2018-11-3
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Syntraxx
lvl.1
Flight distance : 16306 ft

Netherlands

Hi,

Mabey a stupid question, but im gonna ask any way's.

So i have bought a second hand spark from some dude. thru internet
Told me the spark was from early this year.

I was (i admit) Stupid enough not to ask for the receipt.
How can i find out when the spark was really activated and  can i find out iff the spark is still under warrenty.

The spark itself works fine  no problem..
but i see all these post with fly away's and errors ....dropping battery's  ect ect  and this makes me a bit worried tho

2018-11-3
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator

Hi there, I appreciate your time bringing this query to us. Can you please please provide me the serial number of the Spark via PM? So I can check it on my end.  Thank you.
2018-11-3
Use props
Syntraxx
lvl.1

Netherlands

PM with serial has been send .Thanks for helping me out ..
2018-11-3
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator

Syntraxx Posted at 11-3 12:49
PM with serial has been send .Thanks for helping me out ..

Thanks for the quick response, Syntraxx. I replied to your PM. Please kindly check. Thank you.
2018-11-3
Use props
Mhinc
lvl.4
Flight distance : 151467 ft
Canada

I am curious to hear how this worked out for you Syntraxx
2018-11-6
Use props
Syntraxx
lvl.1

Netherlands

Mhinc Posted at 11-6 01:20
I am curious to hear how this worked out for you Syntraxx

Well i am happy to say this worked out verry well . My spark is still under warranty. Even iff its a second hand spark the warrenty is not bound to person but bound to the aircraft.  So the information the person gave me that sold me the second hand spark was quite accurate . Ofcourse DJI can check this by serialnumber when it was  activated because thats when the warrenty starts and make me a bit less  nerveous About that.. still would have love to had a receipt from the guy tho.
2018-11-6
Use props
DeuceDriv3r
lvl.4
Flight distance : 4698533 ft
United States

Rule #1  .. never buy a rental car

Rule #2   never buy a used 4x4 or SUV

why.. because dudes with 4x4s think they can go anywhere... why not a rental car.. because a rental car really can go anywhere and people frequently try to abuse them

rule 3  NEVER BUY A USED DRONE.... sorry... but I have never known anyone that has bought one that didn't get screwed... almost always have issues (otherwise they wouldn't be selling it) and very likely always crashed and sometimes fixed with non DJI parts on the cheap then it never works right again.... just too risky...

2018-11-6
Use props
Hani
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1392995 ft
  • >>>
United States

I got my Spark used in like new condition and did the verification for the DJI care and I purchased it.
2018-11-6
Use props
Hani
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1392995 ft
  • >>>
United States

DeuceDriv3r Posted at 11-6 06:50

I totally second the Rule #2
2018-11-6
Use props
DeuceDriv3r
lvl.4
United States

I have bought used racing / fpv drones from people I KNOW.. and that is only because everything is fixable and the firmware is open source and I can see and tune what is going on in beta flight for example far better than trying to GUESS at what is wrong on a DJI product where they go out of their way to ENSURE you don't know what is going on under the cowling...
2018-11-6
Use props
Krayzie
lvl.3
Flight distance : 1594 ft

Bulgaria

I have bought my Spark second hand aswell, but it was 8 months old with active DJI Care and to be honest I wasn`t worried at all. I`m still using it (7 months now) with no problems.
2018-11-6
Use props
DeuceDriv3r
lvl.4
United States

Krayzie Posted at 11-6 07:13
I have bought my Spark second hand aswell, but it was 8 months old with active DJI Care and to be honest I wasn`t worried at all. I`m still using it (7 months now) with no problems.

well I guess that is like buying a BWM with certified pre-owned warrantee included.. most probably don't fall into that category ... and based on the level of customer service I get from DJI on brand new drones.. I certainly would not pay for or trust trying to be a 2nd or 3rd party trying to get service out of them ..and I am sure not going to PAY MORE for their extended care..

of course when you look at how much extended care costs PLUS the deductible (replacement cost) by the time you use it once you can buy a refurb spark for just a bit more..
2018-11-6
Use props
Syntraxx
lvl.1

Netherlands

Dude..in my case the dude was an old guy and had used it for like one hour..
had bought it for him and his son  on vacation but  they never went so he wanted to sell it..

ofcourse some people will check everything before they buy..i myself like to google a lot first on  where to watch for  (defects, clones and ect ect..) so i did my home work.. check for defects  gimbal and what more every thing was just fine ..still works great  only thing i havnt went any higher than 42 meters but thats because i was/am verry carefull  with stuff i buy...
2018-11-6
Use props
Syntraxx
lvl.1

Netherlands

i was thinking about getting DJI care refresh on this.. but the  time for it was over so.. mabey next time ;)
2018-11-6
Use props
DeuceDriv3r
lvl.4
United States

Syntraxx Posted at 11-6 11:02
Dude..in my case the dude was an old guy and had used it for like one hour..
had bought it for him and his son  on vacation but  they never went so he wanted to sell it..

and in that one hour he could have crashed it a dozen times....
2018-11-6
Use props
SAADHERO
lvl.4
Flight distance : 2269905 ft
Kuwait

the Battery Issue just Check the Latch on the battery see if its worn out or scuffed and the the flyaway do the flight checks and hopefully nothing bad happens
2018-11-6
Use props
White Ox
lvl.3
Flight distance : 98281 ft

United States

Syntraxx Posted at 11-6 11:06
i was thinking about getting DJI care refresh on this.. but the  time for it was over so.. mabey next time ;)

You can still get DJI Care Refresh / Refresh + if you want.  I do believe the verification process is the same.  What you will not get is the 10% discount on Refresh + if that's what you choose to buy.

I now have purchased 3 used Drones - the last 2 came with DJI Care Refresh with 2 remaining Birds - IE, zero claims have been made on them.
2018-11-6
Use props
White Ox
lvl.3

United States

I totally agree with #1... with my work travels, I rent lots of vehicles.  I'll stop there. haha
2018-11-6
Use props
Syntraxx
lvl.1

Netherlands

DeuceDriv3r Posted at 11-6 11:33
and in that one hour he could have crashed it a dozen times....

iff he did  i would know! there is something called damage iff one crashes.. things you can not hide..
2018-11-6
Use props
Syntraxx
lvl.1

Netherlands

SAADHERO Posted at 11-6 11:44
the Battery Issue just Check the Latch on the battery see if its worn out or scuffed and the the flyaway do the flight checks and hopefully nothing bad happens

nope… nothing .every thing is like new.. i even got a case with it  a set of prolarpro filters extra landing gear (not the pad tho)  iPad/iPhone holders and a bunch off stuff more..
2018-11-6
Use props
Syntraxx
lvl.1

Netherlands

White Ox Posted at 11-6 11:48
You can still get DJI Care Refresh / Refresh + if you want.  I do believe the verification process is the same.  What you will not get is the 10% discount on Refresh + if that's what you choose to buy.

I now have purchased 3 used Drones - the last 2 came with DJI Care Refresh with 2 remaining Birds - IE, zero claims have been made on them.

is it still running? i thought it was a limited thing… might consider getting one
2018-11-6
Use props
White Ox
lvl.3

United States

Do a DJI Support Chat window and ask them in chat if you can still buy DJI Care Refresh / Refresh + even after the 48 hour window after activation has expired.  I'm sure they will say yes.  Then ask them to send you a link to the Video Verification Instructions / Sample Video.

Should be good to go.
2018-11-6
Use props
SAADHERO
lvl.4
Flight distance : 2269905 ft
Kuwait

Syntraxx Posted at 11-6 11:59
nope… nothing .every thing is like new.. i even got a case with it  a set of prolarpro filters extra landing gear (not the pad tho)  iPad/iPhone holders and a bunch off stuff more..

Well then he may have been a careful user
good that u have the landing gear as the are so important for me at least to fly
the heli Pad is pretty annoying to setup not worth it
2018-11-6
Use props
Syntraxx
lvl.1

Netherlands

SAADHERO Posted at 11-6 23:41
Well then he may have been a careful user
good that u have the landing gear as the are so important for me at least to fly
the heli Pad is pretty annoying to setup not worth it

i think so . the aircraft is like new. he just wanted to get rid of it  to spend the money on a new foto camera

The pad i ordered online i like the pad in case off grassy ,sandy  or  somewhat wet places to take off from
2018-11-7
Use props
Syntraxx
lvl.1

Netherlands

White Ox Posted at 11-6 14:31
Do a DJI Support Chat window and ask them in chat if you can still buy DJI Care Refresh / Refresh + even after the 48 hour window after activation has expired.  I'm sure they will say yes.  Then ask them to send you a link to the Video Verification Instructions / Sample Video.

Should be good to go.

i thought it was only an october thingy..
2018-11-7
Use props
pianoplayer7
lvl.4
Flight distance : 259055 ft
United States

Syntraxx Posted at 11-7 00:09
i thought it was only an october thingy..

Yes, for clarification, you could only get the one-minute verification during the October promotional period. Now you have to do that really long, advanced video process. The price for Care Refresh is the same, and Refresh+ is no longer on sale. The promo was only for the Refresh+ 10% discount and the one-minute verification rather than the longer option. However, it is still possible to get Refresh/Refresh+, even after the 48 hours or the promo period.
2018-11-8
Use props
Syntraxx
lvl.1

Netherlands

pianoplayer7 Posted at 11-8 14:49
Yes, for clarification, you could only get the one-minute verification during the October promotional period. Now you have to do that really long, advanced video process. The price for Care Refresh is the same, and Refresh+ is no longer on sale. The promo was only for the Refresh+ 10% discount and the one-minute verification rather than the longer option. However, it is still possible to get Refresh/Refresh+, even after the 48 hours or the promo period.

well, iff it works it works.. even iff  i have to do a long video  verrification.. i am confident that my spark will pass this .so when im ready i will definetly do this
2018-11-9
Use props
A CW
Captain
Flight distance : 13838848 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

I've sold six DJI drones on Ebay and have six glowing, 100% positive feedback reports from the buyers. Yes, there are some dishonest folk out there who will sell a damaged drone as in excellent condition but not all. It's a risk but some great savings can be made if you buy from an honest seller. And it appears the OP did just that so good for him.
2018-11-9
Use props
DeuceDriv3r
lvl.4
United States

A CW Posted at 11-9 02:21
I've sold six DJI drones on Ebay and have six glowing, 100% positive feedback reports from the buyers. Yes, there are some dishonest folk out there who will sell a damaged drone as in excellent condition but not all. It's a risk but some great savings can be made if you buy from an honest seller. And it appears the OP did just that so good for him.

you sold them...

have you ever bought one?

and lets face it... a look on craigs list or eBay and most are trying to sell privately used hardware that is available cheaper or within 5% OFFICIALLY REFURBISHED from the DJI website.. so why would I buy a second hand unit of unknown real condition when I can get one from the mfg with a full warranty .. most people have no concept of how fast technology depreciates..

for example your an inspire guy.. there is a guy in my town trying to sell a 1 v2.0 supposedly with 4 flights on it he bought in Apr spending near $3k dollars.. whatever... that drone certified refurbished from DJI is right now what 1300 buck.. he wants 1450.. no accessories or any add ons... same as what is available from DJI ... why would I pay 150 more for that?

2018-11-9
Use props
A CW
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

DeuceDriv3r Posted at 11-9 04:43
you sold them...

have you ever bought one?

My point in selling them is that someone obviously bought them and there was nothing wrong with them. You can't look at an individual seller and state NEVER BUY SECOND HAND - I've seen Inspire 1 set ups on Ebay for £800 in what appears to be great condition and Inspire 2's selling for less than two grand with extra batteries and an X4S.
I only buy brand new myself but there is nothing wrong in buying a used drone for the right price from the right seller.
2018-11-9
Use props
DeuceDriv3r
lvl.4
United States

A CW Posted at 11-9 06:45
My point in selling them is that someone obviously bought them and there was nothing wrong with them. You can't look at an individual seller and state NEVER BUY SECOND HAND - I've seen Inspire 1 set ups on Ebay for £800 in what appears to be great condition and Inspire 2's selling for less than two grand with extra batteries and an X4S.
I only buy brand new myself but there is nothing wrong in buying a used drone for the right price from the right seller.

spoken from the point of view of someone who only sells used drones but has never bought one..

agreed that there MAY be good deals.. my point is you can't possibly know ...

and there are some things that I personally think are too risky to buy used and drones are right near the top of the list...

to each thier own... YMMV... etc
2018-11-9
Use props
A CW
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

DeuceDriv3r Posted at 11-9 06:52
spoken from the point of view of someone who only sells used drones but has never bought one..

agreed that there MAY be good deals.. my point is you can't possibly know ...

What I can tell you is that I bought a brand new Phantom 4 Pro in November 2016 (first batch) and had to return it to DJI due to the IMU being broke - DOA - took a month to be replaced. I've also had to return two brand new Mavic's to Apple for full refunds. Yet the drones I sold on Ebay were perfect!
2018-11-9
Use props
DeuceDriv3r
lvl.4
United States

A CW Posted at 11-9 06:54
What I can tell you is that I bought a brand new Phantom 4 Pro in November 2016 (first batch) and had to return it to DJI due to the IMU being broke - DOA - took a month to be replaced. I've also had to return two brand new Mavic's to Apple for full refunds. Yet the drones I sold on Ebay were perfect!

again.. not calling you out or calling you a liar.. or saying that you sell bad stuff...

but you are not everyone.. and there is always plenty of shady stuff out there... always.. its buyer beware..
2018-11-9
Use props
A CW
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

DeuceDriv3r Posted at 11-9 06:58
again.. not calling you out or calling you a liar.. or saying that you sell bad stuff...

but you are not everyone.. and there is always plenty of shady stuff out there... always.. its buyer beware..

And my point (once again) is that there are also decent people out there selling good drones which makes your point NEVER buy send hand quite futile.
2018-11-9
Use props
DeuceDriv3r
lvl.4
United States

A CW Posted at 11-9 07:02
And my point (once again) is that there are also decent people out there selling good drones which makes your point NEVER buy send hand quite futile.

no it makes it more like russian ruellet .. or in the words of dirty harry.. do you feel lucky punk.. well do ya...?

hehe
2018-11-9
Use props
A CW
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

DeuceDriv3r Posted at 11-9 07:04
no it makes it more like russian ruellet .. or in the words of dirty harry.. do you feel lucky punk.. well do ya...?

hehe

Same thing when you buy anything new or old - the trick is to view the product in person - get them to demo it and inspect it thoroughly - it also helps if you know what to look for. If that effort instills confidence in the purchase and knocks 50% off the retail then buy it I say or, if money is less of a concern, buy new and use the warranty if need be but don't expect a brand new drone to be 100% either.
2018-11-9
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
Flight distance : 9827923 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

Syntraxx Posted at 11-6 11:57
iff he did  i would know! there is something called damage iff one crashes.. things you can not hide..

It wasn’t crashed, if it was and repaired dji Natalia would have informed you, your just getting it from someone who spends his time around here and Mavic forums spreading hysteria. Good luck with your new drone and fly safe.
2018-11-9
Use props
DeuceDriv3r
lvl.4
United States

A CW Posted at 11-9 07:08
Same thing when you buy anything new or old - the trick is to view the product in person - get them to demo it and inspect it thoroughly - it also helps if you know what to look for. If that effort instills confidence in the purchase and knocks 50% off the retail then buy it I say or, if money is less of a concern, buy new and use the warranty if need be but don't expect a brand new drone to be 100% either.

certainly .. but that rules out eBay... and the like..

but sure.. if you know a friend that has one.. or you can get a real good look at it there are ways to mitigate risk....

its like used cars too.. I won't buy a used BMW unless its still under factory warranty ..
2018-11-9
Use props
A CW
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

DeuceDriv3r Posted at 11-9 07:13
certainly .. but that rules out eBay... and the like..

but sure.. if you know a friend that has one.. or you can get a real good look at it there are ways to mitigate risk....

Doesn't rule out Ebay - the gent who bought my MPP met me in a neutral, public location and inspected the drone. Turned it on, armed the motors, looked at batteries etc. and we shook hands. He knew what he was looking at (and for) and appreciated the excellent and genuine condition of the drone.
As for BMW's - I only buy from authorised dealers.
2018-11-9
Use props
Syntraxx
lvl.1

Netherlands

I just dont gett  how we get from a second hand spark to a second hand BMW.. that just dont make any sense...no point has been maken either.. I bought an second hand spark ..its still under warrenty ..Whats the problem?
2018-11-9
Use props
12Next >
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules