Camera distortion
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Canyon Mike
lvl.2
United States

I know the camera files come with distortion correction, but I am still seeing quite a bit of distortion at the edges of the frame. Any correction for this?
2018-11-3
Use props
Geebax
Captain
Australia

Are you looking at JPEG shots or RAW?
2018-11-3
Use props
Canyon Mike
lvl.2
United States

I shoot both....both are great in the center, but near the edges have the distortion like a super wide angle
2018-11-3
Use props
Canyon Mike
lvl.2
United States

Geebax Posted at 11-3 13:52
Are you looking at JPEG shots or RAW?

The shot I get with my P2V+, using the Lr correction are actually better
2018-11-3
Use props
KEJ
Second Officer
United Kingdom

Hi

Most decent photo editing programs come with lens correction options.

Jpeg or Raw doesnt really come into it, especially when using non standard programs like Photoshop or FCP. ;-).

Photoshop has both automatic or manual options for correction, see below. The same applies for video when using programs like Final Cut Pro etc.

https://www.amateurphotographer. ... shooting-raw-106356

So as you can see for yourself the fact that its jpeg or raw the lens distortion part effects the two the same.

The only difference is that the raw picture contain more information and gives you more artistic flexibility with the final product at a cost of size. But personally I always use Raw(Raw + Jpeg in Pano modes).

Most decent software packages handle both, the others “Free ones” might not, that’s why they are free.

2018-11-3
Use props
Labroides
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 9991457 ft
  • >>>
Australia

KEJ Posted at 11-3 22:42
Hi

Most decent photo editing programs come with lens correction options.

Jpeg or Raw doesnt really come into it.
It does if you are looking at raw files using a non-mainstream raw file viewer that doesn't apply the correction like Photoshop does.
2018-11-4
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules