Hours & Miles?
639 9 2018-11-3
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Walleye
lvl.4
United States

I’m looking at purchasing a previously owned MP that’s about 18 mo old. I asked the owner about how many hours and miles its flown and he said he didn’t know. I thought the app tracked that data and other info as well—battery charges?  If it’s not DJI app is it a different app?
Thanks!
2018-11-3
Use props
jacksonnai
Captain
Malaysia

Yes the Dji Go 4 will track it, ask him to take a screenshot for you
2018-11-3
Use props
Walleye
lvl.4
United States

Thanks, I thought so.
2018-11-3
Use props
davidmartingraf
First Officer
Flight distance : 106566408 ft
  • >>>
United States

The information on the DJI GO 4 application only includes flights that the user uploads to DJI, flights they don't back up will not show up. Therefore, if the person is stating they do not know honestly how many flights they've had, then it's a good chance they didn't, or do not, back up every flight flown?...
2018-11-3
Use props
Boffin
Second Officer
Australia

DJI Go 4 reports number of times that a battery has been charged and total distance flown with my Mavic Pro- even if I have never uploaded this data.
Follow the menus  
2018-11-4
Use props
jacksonnai
Captain
Malaysia

Walleye Posted at 11-3 19:28
Thanks, I thought so.

You are welcome
2018-11-4
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

Hi Walleye, thanks for reaching DJI Forum. We do appreciate bringing this query to us. The DJI Go 4 app will tell you will give you all the details you mentioned. Should you have any concerns, don't hesitate to reach us. You may also visit this product link below for more information. Thank you.

Mavic Pro
2018-11-4
Use props
Woe
Captain
Flight distance : 4129268 ft
  • >>>
United States

Just ask him to show you his flight records on the device.

When you do the test flight before buying, look at the records then.
2018-11-4
Use props
A CW
Captain
Flight distance : 13877205 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

The seller may have changed devices and not synced his/her flight records and may also use other apps. Some people are not bothered about those stats. Do check the batteries in the app though and always best to see the drone in person beforehand.
2018-11-4
Use props
Bekaru MP UAV
First Officer
Flight distance : 15513100 ft
South Africa

i believe the flight hrs and milage is less important than knowing some history of the drone.

What is its crash history - a good visual inspection which can be done with photos will show how the external looks - if there are bashes and scratches then unless you know how to differentiate between what looks like it could be a critical bash mark vs non critical bash mark it is perhaps better to stay away.
If the external looks good then next important is how the internal looks. By opening the top plate of the drone (below the battery) any water damage the drone may have suffered will show some indication in this area. If it looks at all questionable then stay away.
Older drones with less milage frequently have battery problems as often they were not stored correctly.
Try to ensure that the batteries are good - that they charge fully and that they do not produce app error messages when installed - otherwise you gonna have to buy new batteries - thats gonna add an unexpected essential cost to your purchase.

good luck though - hope it is a gem

ps - if the seller sends you pics then post them here and you get some good opinions on how things look with yr possible purchase.
2018-11-4
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules