Tip: the author has been banned or deleted automatically shield
2018-11-9
Use props
poetoe
lvl.3
Flight distance : 3181066 ft
Switzerland

El Diablo Posted at 11-9 02:02
"I did post processing in free version actually and there are watermarks. I will try on my main computer that has Davinci Resolve Studio installed and will attach results a bit later"

Is that your definition of "I do have enough knowledge regarding video editing and I do have like you said 'expensive' editing software" LOL A FREE PROGRAM??? Man you can really not be taken seriously, sorry but everything you are posting is laughable.

Well, I also worked with DavinciResolve free version before I changed to FCPX 3 weeks ago, and the free version indeed is high quality tool, I would even think - from what I can say so far - that the free version Davinci Resolve is even more complex than FCPX.  I had to change to FCPX since the lens distortion correction in the free version was only possible in the Fusion Tab and this is what my computer extremely slow and my videos took forever when rendering. And I did not know if the paid Studio version is better in that regard. You, El Diablo, thankfully convinced me to try FCPX and that was certainly the right decision. But again, the Davinci Resolve Free version is not to underestimate and certainly outstanding and does have same, if not even more complexity and tools than FCPX. But I leave the platform to the real experts because I am not.  Maybe I am completely wrong....
2018-11-9
Use props
El Diablo
Second Officer

Germany

2018-11-9
Use props
rarevfx_official
lvl.4
Flight distance : 387562 ft
Germany

El Diablo Posted at 11-9 03:30
You are right my friend, the issue I am having is with the individual that started this BS thread and the fact that he runned to complain to the admins when I prove him wrong. If one cannot handle criticism, a Forum with anonymous avatars is definetely not the place to be... he is just stating an amount of hypothetical questions based on some random footage he took (probably with the wrong setiings) and then blames DJI DLOG of being a gimick instead of blaming his own ignorance and lack of editing skills.

i asked him to post here his samples and he went silent, that says a lot already lol

was wondering why some comments couldnt be viewed lol. What a sad move to do something like this.
i'll do some examples the next days and post them in here to fix everyones (except the OP's) statement and just to close this topic.
Nobody should be misled by this post.
2018-11-9
Use props
El Diablo
Second Officer

Germany

2018-11-9
Use props
bgaarsoe
New
United States

I know that this is an older post, but I ran across this question a few days ago and went out and did a simple test.  In my case, the difference was dramatic (in my opinion).  But I think it depends a lot on the LUT you use.  

The official DJI LUT that is out now may not look too much different, but I experimented with some Polar Pro LUTs, and the DLOG results produced colors that were much more realistic and look much better.

It depends on what you are filming, but I have noticed that a lot of my landscape video looks too saturated and miss many of the similar shades of bright colors like green.

In this test, the area I am filming in has green grass that is actually green and various shades of bluish green sage brush.  In the default color mode, all of this looks about the same shade of green.  In the DLOG portion of the video, the colors actually look just like they do when you are standing there looking at them.

I am actually very excited about what a difference DLOG can apparently make:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sYGI4pDPCKQ
2019-7-10
Use props
Maxipro
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1760791 ft
Russia

Filmed in DLOG. Noticed noise in dark places.
https://youtu.be/7RwWNEuf_rs

https://youtu.be/XgM7NR4Kohs
2019-7-12
Use props
Francis
Second Officer
Flight distance : 774203 ft
Brazil

Yes i use it. Much better color quality. Use dji LUT on premiere and you will see the benefits. No comparison with 8bit color videos. Before someone asking i have no time to do and upload any comparison.
2019-7-13
Use props
Signo11
lvl.4
Flight distance : 38104 ft
Italy

My Mavic 2 Pro produces a lot of noise when it is in dlog m (iso 100). What do you use to remove it?
2019-7-17
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules