Does this look right?
1540 17 2015-6-2
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
adamstw
lvl.1

United States

Does this camera look right? I thought it should be pointing forward not off to the side?

Thanks

v3-camera.jpg
2015-6-2
Use props
Gerry1124
Second Officer

United States

Where does it point when powered on?
2015-6-2
Use props
gregg1r
lvl.4

United States

When the P3 is turned off, yes it can look like that. Does it point straight when powered up? If yes, you're good to go, otherwise run the gimbal calibration.
2015-6-2
Use props
adamstw
lvl.1

United States

Not sure. Looking at possibly buying it but the picture, all I got, looked like a camera issue. Supposed to be fine.
2015-6-2
Use props
Gerry1124
Second Officer

United States

adamstw@cox.net Posted at 2015-6-3 06:25
Not sure. Looking at possibly buying it but the picture, all I got, looked like a camera issue. Supp ...

You can rotate to either direction when it is powered off to point to either front leg.
2015-6-2
Use props
gregg1r
lvl.4

United States

One other thing. The Phantom in the picture isn't a P3.

P3 Advanced uses silver stripes. P3 Professional uses gold stripes.
2015-6-2
Use props
CapitAn
Second Officer
  • >>>
Canada

Hmmm, that's a P2 looks like a v3 and mine never dangled way off to one side when powered off. l suppose if l'd carried it sideways while powered off it could have dangled that way, but it doesn't look like it's been babied.
As the others said, you should look at it powered up, and flying, and check the connection with the app.
2015-6-2
Use props
mswall
lvl.4
Flight distance : 39695 ft
United States

It's not even a P2V+ RC
2015-6-2
Use props
Gerry1124
Second Officer

United States

It's a Phantom 2 Vision plus version 3.  I think the copter is a V3 because on the back left leg is the compass cover.
2015-6-2
Use props
jimcloud74
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1298317 ft
United States

Looks like a P2V+ to me. That is the newer controller but that doesn't mean it is the V3 cause I upgraded mine with ease. And yes, the camera will free float when powered off.
2015-6-2
Use props
adamstw
lvl.1

United States

Yes it is a P2v+ V3. Excuse my ignorance but what are the main differences between the P2 and P3 Advanced?

Thanks
2015-6-2
Use props
Gerry1124
Second Officer

United States

adamstw@cox.net Posted at 2015-6-3 06:50
Yes it is a P2v+ V3. Excuse my ignorance but what are the main differences between the P2 and P3 Adv ...

Camera on the P3 is updated and doesn't have the "fisheye" lens.  It has more power and can handle GPS and GLONASS SATS.  4 cell batteries resulting in more power also.  Better range, better motors.
2015-6-2
Use props
adamstw
lvl.1

United States

Does it fly as easy as the P2? I have a P2V+ that I flew for awhile but I had a flyaway and when I found the P2 one of the ESC's had actually caught fire and burnt part of my P2. I gave up but have decided I miss flying and am looking to buy another. If it is worth the extra cost I'd go P3
2015-6-2
Use props
CapitAn
Second Officer
  • >>>
Canada

l never had a regular P2 but l have a P2V+V3 and l would say it's easy to fly. lt does have its quirks, like occasionally dropping FPV so l have to keep it close.
The P3P is a much stronger and more responsive machine and the lightbridge so far (touch wood) has been locked solid. l guess it comes down to what you want to use it for. And would depend on if it's in flight condition and what the asking price is.
lf you want something to throw around and have fun with, go with the cheapest. lf you want good videos and pictures and a copter to use as a tool and not a toy, the P3 is definitely worth the money.
2015-6-2
Use props
adamstw
lvl.1

United States

See any red flags on this P3 ? It seems to be a complete RTF unit but the price seems a little low and no one has done anything so I wonder if I'm not seeing something?

Thanks

P3 on Feebay
2015-6-6
Use props
kalin2011
lvl.2

Canada

adamstw@cox.net Posted at 2015-6-7 00:50
See any red flags on this P3 ? It seems to be a complete RTF unit but the price seems a little low a ...

They advertise it as an advanced but the picture is a pro.  That price is right for an advanced.
2015-6-6
Use props
classicalle
lvl.4
Flight distance : 8903051 ft
  • >>>
United States

Nice you got an HPRC.
2015-6-6
Use props
adamstw
lvl.1

United States

That price is right for an advanced.

Seemed odd as I see P2's selling for more. In fact, I paid a tab bit more for my P2 so I was suspicious when I saw the $999.

So for just a couple hundred more I can get a Professional complete and RTF?
2015-6-7
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules