1744 16 2018-11-4
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
hallmark007
Captain
Flight distance : 9827923 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

With the problems with some dji Matrice batteries, check out video below although it is for TB50 and TB55, information is relative for all lipo batteries.

2018-11-4
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hi hallmark007. Thank you for providing us this informative video regarding on how to take care of batteries. We greatly appreciate it.
2018-11-4
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Ireland

DJI Stephen Posted at 11-4 09:45
Hi hallmark007. Thank you for providing us this informative video regarding on how to take care of batteries. We greatly appreciate it.

No problem, useful advice should be helpful.
2018-11-4
Use props
rwynant V1
Second Officer
Flight distance : 4842277 ft
  • >>>
United States

hallmark007 Posted at 11-4 11:15
No problem, useful advice should be helpful.

YES,    absolutely correct!

I had TODAY, a mentor of mine pull out his Inspire 1......it's a 2015 bird, with several batteries of different ages.    I knew he hadn't flown it "lately"  but not sure the last time.......he then told me it was 8 months ago.

I asked when he charged the batteries.   He said 2 days ago......then why is there only 3 lights showing ?

The time I have spent on these forums saved this guy his Inspire 1.....here's why

I said ... if you fly these batts you will need to stay within 100ft and 6ft agl......he said WHAT? The battery has 62%.......BUT I charged  it 2 days ago!!   

I said here's what's going to happen.....you'll take off...fly for about a minute.....then get a low voltage warning.....then get a critical low voltage warning and the AC will land.

He took off....I was right there....and I said I'm checking batt voltages....showing 61%....ALL CELLS WERE IN THE RED AT UNDER 3.4VDC.

I told him to lower the gear NOW and place the bird over ground cover....OHHHH   and it landed immediately.   Still showing 55%.....but each and every cell was in the red at under 3.4vdc

Had he done what he normally does,  he would have been at 200ft agl......it would have started descending and then 10 seconds later SHUT OFF and destroyed his bird.

YOU can't WISH a battery to be good when in FACT it is questionable.......low agl and close in testing as well as checking voltages during these test are required.

After 1 minute in the air,  ALL CELLS were in the RED.  Watch your cell voltages folks.....

This is NOT about Inspire 2,  it's about LiPo Batteries

Randy
2018-11-4
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Ireland

rwynant V1 Posted at 11-4 17:34

YES,    absolutely correct!

Well that’s the message in the video watch the voltages, I see so many people around here taken off with what they think is 100% battery which they charged 9/10 previously not realising it has gone into sleep mode, then take off and in minutes they are getting low battery mode and worse.
It’s possible through the dji go4 app to assign one of your buttons to show battery voltage which everybody should do, but I suspect many don’t , so for those who watch the video maybe think again what’s important and most important what keeps your craft in the air.
2018-11-4
Use props
rwynant V1
Second Officer
Flight distance : 4842277 ft
  • >>>
United States

hallmark007 Posted at 11-4 17:44
Well that’s the message in the video watch the voltages, I see so many people around here taken off with what they think is 100% battery which they charged 9/10 previously not realising it has gone into sleep mode, then take off and in minutes they are getting low battery mode and worse.
It’s possible through the dji go4 app to assign one of your buttons to show battery voltage which everybody should do, but I suspect many don’t , so for those who watch the video maybe think again what’s important and most important what keeps your craft in the air.

Bloody HELL

What are you doing up at 2am???   

Randy
2018-11-4
Use props
xagoras
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1357589 ft
Greece

You can actually put the Voltage right there in the screen next to the battery percentage, so that you can keep an eye on it all the time. There's an option for it in the app menu.
2018-11-5
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Ireland

xagoras Posted at 11-5 15:29
You can actually put the Voltage right there in the screen next to the battery percentage, so that you can keep an eye on it all the time. There's an option for it in the app menu.

Yeah and if your using a big screen I would certainly advise, but sometimes people using small screen find it’s taking up to much screen, so if this is the case I would recommend setting one of your buttons to show battery updates.
2018-11-5
Use props
Ali3N
lvl.2
Flight distance : 294514 ft
Colombia

What about storage? Is there any recommended percentage to store them? For ex if I’m not going to fly within 3 days let them discharge on normal flight to 50-60%. Then when I want to fly again charge them? That’s what I tend to do.
2018-11-6
Use props
darren mark tay
lvl.3
United Kingdom

Is there an option to assign one of the buttons to show the battery voltage!
2018-11-6
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Ireland

darren mark tay Posted at 11-6 02:41
Is there an option to assign one of the buttons to show the battery voltage!

Yes there is.
2018-11-6
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Ireland

Ali3N Posted at 11-6 01:21
What about storage? Is there any recommended percentage to store them? For ex if I’m not going to fly within 3 days let them discharge on normal flight to 50-60%. Then when I want to fly again charge them? That’s what I tend to do.

Here’s the full lowdown from dji on taking care of your batteries.

https://store.dji.com/guides/battery-care-important-think/
2018-11-6
Use props
darren mark tay
lvl.3
United Kingdom

Hi i cant find in the app where to assign a button as a shortcut, only do display the voltage on the top corner of the app! Could you let me know how to do it thanks
2018-11-6
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Ireland

darren mark tay Posted at 11-6 07:47
Hi i cant find in the app where to assign a button as a shortcut, only do display the voltage on the top corner of the app! Could you let me know how to do it thanks

I’m not near my craft until weekend will check it out for you then.
2018-11-6
Use props
xagoras
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1357589 ft
Greece

Haven't checked it myself, but if there is one then it should be either in the 5D button assignments or the C1/C2 buttons.
2018-11-6
Use props
darren mark tay
lvl.3
United Kingdom

Hi cant see it there only other assignment buttons!
2018-11-6
Use props
JAgraphics
lvl.4
United Kingdom

Very useful video.  Despite "everything" being battery powered these days 99.999% of the world have no idea about using batteries properly.  Most of the time it's not critical but for UAV's it is.  
2018-11-7
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules