Bedwell Bayfront Park I1 Pilots GTG 5/30
776 1 2015-6-2
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
PureSQNut
lvl.4

United States

Here is a flight I took at a GTG in Menlo Park with severalother I1 pilots this past weekend. It was a blast but unfortunately as you willsee form the video it is also a big sign of how big the water issue is in thisstate. Last year, this was all green.

Due to the glare, cloud cover and the entire area issurrounded with a salt field that was well crusted I used a combination of theRenaat ND8 and ND16 lenses. It’s not perfect but I’m pretty happy with itoverall as I got to practice a lot of close proximity flying even with the windgusts that made things challenging.  Allin all very happy with the stability of the I1 even in moderately inhospitableconditions.  

For the safety Nazi’s out there - This footage was takenwith a DJI I1 at the Bedwell Bayfront Park in Menlo Park California. Thisflight was done in accordance with FAA regulations as a hobbyist and the twoflight control towers of the two airports within 5 miles were notified the dayprior and the day of flight.

All flights were performed with a spotter and were withinline of sight (never loosing visual contact or orientation of direction) anddue to being within the 5 mile limits of two airports altitude was kept under200 ft as there was air traffic in the area. Air traffic control only requested400 ft. There was other people there flying gliders and planes however I can’tsay that they were following regulations well at all resulting in the controltowers calling us back asking if there was anybody else there at the parkflying near or with us due to radioed complaints and also confirming our flightceilings that we decided to adhere to on our own of under 200ft.

2015-6-2
Use props
insectorchid3
lvl.2

United States

love the music nice work
2015-6-2
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules