Google Pixel 2?
5369 14 2018-11-4
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
waydowntown
lvl.1
Flight distance : 4167 ft
Canada

Hey DJI, why are you compatible with the Google Pixel2 XL, but not the Pixel 2? Over 70 flights before your last firmware update disconnected my Mavic 2 Pro permanently. You're also compatible with the Pixel 1. What gives?

Help please...   

2018-11-4
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator

Hi there. Thanks for reaching DJI. Google Pixel 2 is a powerful device and there's a possibility that it will work fine on the app. However, It is not yet tested by DJI, the compatibility and performance are unable to be guaranteed so there's a possibility that you can't use all the features and functionality of the APP. Rest assured that we will keep improving our software in terms of phone compatibility. Thanks for your patience.
2018-11-4
Use props
waydowntown
lvl.1
Canada

DJI Natalia Posted at 11-4 13:53
Hi there. Thanks for reaching DJI. Google Pixel 2 is a powerful device and there's a possibility that it will work fine on the app. However, It is not yet tested by DJI, the compatibility and performance are unable to be guaranteed so there's a possibility that you can't use all the features and functionality of the APP. Rest assured that we will keep improving our software in terms of phone compatibility. Thanks for your patience.

Thanks for your reply Natalia. Really should have been compatible from the get go. The Pixel 2 has been out for more than a year. What I don't get is the Pixel 2 XL is a larger phone, that's all, and just as powerful, why isn't there a compatible version for the Pixel 2? Any sort of eta on this?
2018-11-4
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator

waydowntown Posted at 11-4 14:22
Thanks for your reply Natalia. Really should have been compatible from the get go. The Pixel 2 has been out for more than a year. What I don't get is the Pixel 2 XL is a larger phone, that's all, and just as powerful, why isn't there a compatible version for the Pixel 2? Any sort of eta on this?

Hi, thanks for the quick response. I already coordinate this issue to our senior engineer. I'll get back to you once I have the update. Thank you so much.
2018-11-4
Use props
waydowntown
lvl.1
Canada

DJI Natalia Posted at 11-4 14:48
Hi, thanks for the quick response. I already coordinate this issue to our senior engineer. I'll get back to you once I have the update. Thank you so much.

Thanks so much Natalia. I'm at a crossroads. I love the Mavic 2, just wished it worked with my phone. Hoping for an update sooner than later, really don't want to drop money on an Ipad Mini just so I can fly my drone. Thanks for your help...
2018-11-4
Use props
Bing Err
Captain
Flight distance : 9249964 ft
  • >>>
United States

I've used the Pixel 2 for flights with a Spark and Mavic Air and it worked perfectly. That's been a few months though so can't guarantee it still works.
2018-11-4
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator

waydowntown Posted at 11-4 16:09
Thanks so much Natalia. I'm at a crossroads. I love the Mavic 2, just wished it worked with my phone. Hoping for an update sooner than later, really don't want to drop money on an Ipad Mini just so I can fly my drone. Thanks for your help...

You're always welcome.
2018-11-4
Use props
waydowntown
lvl.1
Canada

Bing Err Posted at 11-4 16:33
I've used the Pixel 2 for flights with a Spark and Mavic Air and it worked perfectly. That's been a few months though so can't guarantee it still works.

Well maybe dji can pass that knowledge over onto the Mavic 2. Google Pixel2 has been out long enough to be included with the rest of the obscure cell phones on their compatible list.
2018-11-5
Use props
SteelTallon
lvl.2
Flight distance : 204094 ft
  • >>>
United States

I've been using my Pixel 2 with the M2 since it was released. Not had any problem,  With M1 I did all the time.
2018-11-5
Use props
waydowntown
lvl.1
Canada

SteelTallon Posted at 11-5 12:52
I've been using my Pixel 2 with the M2 since it was released. Not had any problem,  With M1 I did all the time.

Well you're one of the lucky ones. Have you updated your firmware? It all went downhill from there.
2018-11-5
Use props
Yaplonka
lvl.1
Flight distance : 277687 ft
Sweden

DJI Natalia Posted at 2018-11-4 14:48
Hi, thanks for the quick response. I already coordinate this issue to our senior engineer. I'll get back to you once I have the update. Thank you so much.

Hey there.
I'm also keen to get my pixel 2 working.
Did you have any luck with the senior engineer? Do you have an update?
I'm currently using my Sony tablet sideways. It's not ideal
Kind regards
15470194870114143279424037334629.jpg
2019-1-8
Use props
boltfw
New

United Kingdom

Hello, before I spend money on a Mavic Air drone, please could anyone tell me if a Google Pixel 2 is now fully compatible with the drone? I have been able to successfully download the DJI GO 4 app with no issues so far, but obviously this is useless without a drone! Many thanks, boltfw
2019-5-9
Use props
gnirtS
First Officer
Flight distance : 5712575 ft
United Kingdom

boltfw Posted at 5-9 00:58
Hello, before I spend money on a Mavic Air drone, please could anyone tell me if a Google Pixel 2 is now fully compatible with the drone? I have been able to successfully download the DJI GO 4 app with no issues so far, but obviously this is useless without a drone! Many thanks, boltfw

Mavic 2 has worked perfectly with Pixel 2/Pixel 2 XL since release date.
And still does.
2019-5-9
Use props
djiuser_YgTYVeegDHRA
New
United States

gnirtS Posted at 2019-5-9 06:30
Mavic 2 has worked perfectly with Pixel 2/Pixel 2 XL since release date.
And still does.

i just bought the mavic mini it is not connecting to my google pixel 2xl,, i can move around the camera on the drone but the video on the phone is all blank,, any idea,, ??
2020-8-16
Use props
pakchu
lvl.1

United States

Any updates on this? My Pixel 2 won't even connect to the RC, it only charges. Tried USB debugging, airplane mode, developer mode, etc.
2021-9-19
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules