UPD: FIXED: Corrupted .MOV file on DJI P3 Advanced.
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
gevorck
lvl.1

United States

Hi there,

Previously I'd been shooting in 1080p 25fps and everything was perfect.
Today I switched to 50fps, did all the shooting, landed the drone, waited for a minute or two after stopping the recording, and turned off the drone.
After coming home, I've noticed that I can't play the video file anywhere: QuickTime, VLC, Adobe Premiere, they all refuse to play it.
If I put the memory card back to the drone and connect to it with the app, I can view the file on the phone. It's a big one (~3GB), so downloading it is not really an option.
Hence, two questions:
1. How to fix the corrupted file. I really need it, it was a unique piece of footage that will be very hard to recreate.
2. Why did it happen? How to prevent it happening in the future?

Thanks.

-G

UPDATE: Somebody in the comments offered a solution:
1. Use the tool called djifix.exe to repair the file.
2. Never use .MOV again and always use .MP4.
Djifix.exe helped, everything works. Thanks!
2015-6-2
Use props
salota8550 This user has been deleted
Tip: the author has been banned or deleted automatically shield
2015-6-2
Use props
jeezcak3
lvl.1

United States

i would stick to MP4 format.
2015-6-2
Use props
mswall
lvl.4
Flight distance : 39695 ft
United States

Happened only once to me on my P2V+ because I turned off the battery while the video was still recording.  Never had a corrupt video file since.  One thing is pretty much for sure - corrupt video data files are notorious for not being fixable.  I finally got rid of the bad video file, but I'd try that djifix app on it if I still had it.
2015-6-2
Use props
Mark97564
lvl.4
Flight distance : 2067749 ft
United States

MP4 only way to go
2015-6-2
Use props
gevorck
lvl.1

United States

salota8550 Posted at 2015-6-3 09:04
I had such problems with my P2V+ and I used a software called djifix.exe

http://live555.com/drones/ ...

Thanks everyone, djifix.exe helped!
2015-6-3
Use props
salota8550 This user has been deleted
Tip: the author has been banned or deleted automatically shield
2015-6-3
Use props
rarb
New

Australia

Wondering if anyone has suggestions for fixing a corrupt 4k  25p  .MP4 file.
The DJIfix.exe appears to only support 24p and 30p.
When trying to fix such a file by dropping it on the DJIfix.exe selecting 24p, the result is at 2.38 Mb and can see just a few frames on playback with VLC. The original file size is 3.35Gb.

2015-6-11
Use props
luca
New
Flight distance : 608527 ft
Italy

I also had a problem of file corrupted. And djifx fix it (a friend expert in terminal procedures helped me)
Now the file is repaired but with the suffix .h264 I can only see it in VLC but I cannot import it in any NLE program. I tried to change the suffix to .mp4 end .mov but it didn't work. So now I have a file that I can see but I cannot edit.
Any suggestion?
2015-8-10
Use props
Vliegende Braba
lvl.1
Flight distance : 36591 ft
Netherlands

luca Posted at 2015-8-10 19:39
I also had a problem of file corrupted. And djifx fix it (a friend expert in terminal procedures hel ...

Same problem here. DJIFIX worked well. Thanks for that, but now I can only play H264 file in VLC player. Any suggestions on how to convert it to MP4?
(Miro Convert didn't do the job)
Thanks
Rob
2015-8-16
Use props
toddyplex
lvl.3
Flight distance : 452267 ft
Australia

Thanks also. DJIfix worked for me. Not sure of the best way to convert item but I just used screen capture off quicktime as a quick solution.
2015-9-1
Use props
kingk110
lvl.1

Lebanon

Hello everyone

I have the same problem with .mp4 file and tried the djifix. It created a file that can be viewed by vlc as indicated but the file is not so clear. It shows grey frames most of the time and only little seconds of video can be seen clearly.
I read the FAQ about the jerky video and tried the latest version of vlc but still the same problem.
I also tried different options to recover the file the 1080p 30fps,1080p 25fps and 1080p 24fps and gave the same result.
I have Phantom 3 advanced and I am sure that it wasn't 2.7k video and less than or equal 30fps.
I tried to convert the .h264 file using format factory to mp4 but it shows failed, the xilisoft didn't respond well and and the miro convertor converted it but with the same result seen on the vlc player .

I can provide a sample of the recovered video.

Can anybody help please because I really need the video since it was a wedding and can't be made again ;) .
2015-10-12
Use props
kingk110
lvl.1

Lebanon

kingk110 Posted at 2015-10-12 18:00
Hello everyone

I have the same problem with .mp4 file and tried the djifix. It created a file that  ...

Sorry I skipped option number 5 which it solved my problem thanks.
2015-10-12
Use props
kingk110
lvl.1

Lebanon

How can I get the same resolution from the recovered file as the original file??
2015-10-12
Use props
snes1
lvl.1
Flight distance : 366916 ft
Ireland

I also had a problem of file corrupted. And djifx fix it (a friend expert in terminal procedures helped me)
Now the file is repaired but with the suffix .h264 I can only see it in VLC but I cannot import it in any NLE program. I tried to change the suffix to .mp4 end .mov but it didn't work. So now I have a file that I can see but I cannot edit.
Any suggestion?

same problem here, anyone got it sorted?

I got the  djifix-ed mp4 file conerted  with Free Cuda Video Converter, it is usable but the footage is speeded up x4 ...
2016-4-28
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules