Help! First frame only in a movie in a 3 pro
571 25 2018-11-4
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Weanuts
lvl.1

Canada

Can I correct this? I am seeing first frame only, instead of a movie. Camera takes a decent picure in picture mode cannot see moving movie.

thanks

2018-11-4
Use props
RedHotPoker
Captain
Flight distance : 165105 ft
Canada

Not sure what you are doing, but are you certain, to be attempting recording a video, and not a pic?

What steps are you taking to get the video to record?

RedHotPoker
2018-11-4
Use props
Weanuts
lvl.1

Canada

Rc and Rx both on control over craft. On Ipad touch single frame or picture mode and it takes a decent picture touch mode red button illuminates, touch to record, timer start counting up. Touch button again stops taking movie. Shut down craft install sd card in computer and play movie. First frame shows up and that is it until the end of movie. No movie movement.

thanks for question
2018-11-4
Use props
Geebax
Captain
Australia

Weanuts Posted at 11-4 20:18
Rc and Rx both on control over craft. On Ipad touch single frame or picture mode and it takes a decent picture touch mode red button illuminates, touch to record, timer start counting up. Touch button again stops taking movie. Shut down craft install sd card in computer and play movie. First frame shows up and that is it until the end of movie. No movie movement.

thanks for question

Can you tell us what the file extension of the 'movie' is? What is the file size? Can you post an example to Dropbox so we can see it? One thing though, if a computer cannot handle the playback, it often just freezes on the first frame and then locks up. Perhaps your computer is not powerful enough.
2018-11-4
Use props
RedHotPoker
Captain
Canada

Geebax Posted at 11-4 20:25
Can you tell us what the file extension of the 'movie' is? What is the file size? Can you post an example to Dropbox so we can see it? One thing though, if a computer cannot handle the playback, it often just freezes on the first frame and then locks up. Perhaps your computer is not powerful enough.

That’s a great thought. Computer isn’t up to the task.

@Weanuts, What video size and frame rate are you using?

Perhaps lower the numbers some...

RedHotPoker

2018-11-4
Use props
Weanuts
lvl.1

Canada

Hope this helps.  
2018-11-4
Use props
Weanuts
lvl.1

Canada

The two movies were engaged by controller and Ipad screen
2018-11-4
Use props
Weanuts
lvl.1

Canada

I will try changing the above. I must tell that i think probably fried the OFDM board, because: when i purchased the craft it had been crash and I was able resurrect it but never saw video on screen"dreaded no transmission, but was able to see videos on computer. When I first looked at battery recharge record s it said 3 times, It is now at 29 times and I have flown approximately a total of 30 minutes cased by me upgrading and downgrading firmware. Someone on another forum made a suggestion of downloading flight data, since then this problem shows up. I did do a couple of resets, maybe the above (frame and video size)  change was incorporated into system. I will do this make changes tomorrow as I am up early tomorrow for appointment.

I thank you for your attention and will report back tomorrow.
2018-11-4
Use props
RedHotPoker
Captain
Canada

By the size of these two files, it appears it did record the videos.

It has to be your computer not able to play them through.

Can you record a video with lower resolution, to see if that works for you?
Just record a short video in the house... lower the resolution though.

RedHotPoker
2018-11-4
Use props
Weanuts
lvl.1

Canada

i will and I thank you again.
2018-11-4
Use props
RedHotPoker
Captain
Canada

Weanuts Posted at 11-4 21:12

Eh, no need to thank me. I’m here for you. Haha

I just hope we can figure this out together...

I doubt it’s a fault with the drone. But let’s not second guess ourselves.  Before trying a few fixes.

RedHotPoker
2018-11-4
Use props
RedHotPoker
Captain
Canada

Having any luck at that attempt to Rectify!?

Here’s a hopeful thought for you...

RedHotPoker
2018-11-4
Use props
Geebax
Captain
Australia

DJI_0001 and DJI_0002 are both movie files, and should play. DJI_0003 and DJI_0004 are still photo files. From the size of the movie files, they appear to be OK as far as we can tell from that list. If you upload either of the two movie files to Dropbox, then post a link to it on this thread, we could look at them and offer an opinion.
2018-11-4
Use props
RedHotPoker
Captain
Canada

Weanuts Posted at 11-4 21:12

Did you have a go, with any success?

It would be nice to know how it went for you...

RedHotPoker

2018-11-5
Use props
Weanuts
lvl.1

Canada

App Version 3.1.42
Aircraft Version 1.4.10
Remote Controller Version 1.5.80

I saved:

On an earlier video before formatting card,  I was able to record and view in motion the video I took. I do not think that it is my desktop.

Can you help with these, please?

How do I insert into drop box?

You asked  "Can you record a video with lower resolution, to see if that works for you?"
and also  "What video size and frame rate are you using?"

Where can I view these settings, and reset?

You are dealing with somewhat of a  3 Pro illiterate!
2018-11-5
Use props
Geebax
Captain
Australia

Weanuts Posted at 11-5 21:34
App Version 3.1.42
Aircraft Version 1.4.10

Dropbox is a file sharing program, you have to join up, and it is free. Dropbox allows you to share full size files.

There is also a program called MediaInfo, again free, that allows you to click on a file and display all the settings of that file. Highly recxommended.
2018-11-5
Use props
Weanuts
lvl.1

Canada

Tonight I tried to record again and got same result as explained earlier. First frame and then freeze.

and thank you
2018-11-5
Use props
Geebax
Captain
Australia

Weanuts Posted at 11-5 21:38
Tonight I tried to record again and got same result as explained earlier. First frame and then freeze.

and thank you

OK, then if you can post a file to Dropbox, then we can see if it plays OK on other systems.
2018-11-5
Use props
Weanuts
lvl.1

Canada

The first file I have installed in drop box is file copied from sd card onto computer. Dji_0006 is in dropboix I believe. It is a copy of the original.

The second file Dji _0007 is the file that is corrupted, and is frozen.
2018-11-5
Use props
RedHotPoker
Captain
Canada

Weanuts Posted at 11-5 21:34
App Version 3.1.42
Aircraft Version 1.4.10

You need to go through the camera menus. To find your video settings and lower the resolution.

RedHotPoker
2018-11-5
Use props
Weanuts
lvl.1

Canada

It works, it works, I changed in video size 3840X2160 30fps to 1920X1080 24fps, that fixed it and I must thank you all once again, in particular RedHotPoker.

If you could shed any new light on repairing: "No image Transmission Signal" I would be forever in your debt.

thanks
2018-11-5
Use props
RedHotPoker
Captain
Canada

Weanuts Posted at 11-5 22:45
It works, it works, I changed in video size 3840X2160 30fps to 1920X1080 24fps, that fixed it and I must thank you all once again, in particular RedHotPoker.

If you could shed any new light on repairing: "No image Transmission Signal" I would be forever in your debt.

Haha, yeah, that’s good to hear. So it is your computer that needs upgrading. grinning like a rake

Not familiar with that.
Watch these  instructional videos.

RedHotPoker

2018-11-5
Use props
Weanuts
lvl.1

Canada

The frozen video was a result of trying get FPV on my Ipad . I have the dreaded 8 15  "device not detected"
2018-11-5
Use props
RedHotPoker
Captain
Canada

Weanuts Posted at 11-5 23:15
The frozen video was a result of trying get FPV on my Ipad . I have the dreaded 8 15  "device not detected"

I posted a couple of videos above.

RedHotPoker
2018-11-5
Use props
Geebax
Captain
Australia

Weanuts Posted at 11-5 22:19
The first file I have installed in drop box is file copied from sd card onto computer. Dji_0006 is in dropboix I believe. It is a copy of the original.

You need to post a link on here to the file in Dropbox, otherwise we cannot see it.
2018-11-5
Use props
RedHotPoker
Captain
Canada

Weanuts Posted at 11-5 22:19The first file I have installed in drop box is file copied from sd card onto computer. Dji_0006 is in dropboix I believe. It is a copy of the original.

Yeah, where’s the link to the page?

RedHotPoker

2018-11-6
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules