Focus Lock?
2370 7 2018-11-5
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
TheObscureDrone
lvl.2
Flight distance : 770276 ft
United Kingdom

Whilst I'm loving the camera on my M2P - I'm not liking it's focussing.I've seen previous comments re clicking on the infinity symbol when in Manual Focus and this deliving the desired results - and a video too that mentions this; but when I try this if anything I get the reverse effect and almost Macro range focus - when I click the Flower I get something closer to infinity, but it's still not pin sharp.

Is there a way to effecrt a focus lock in auto settings - I've tried to keep the focus on auto, set it - and then switch to Manual to fix the focus - but this isn't always working and I'm finding a lot of slightly blurry images where on my MP I wouldn't have had a problem.
Any suggestions - And any idea why the 'Infinity' tip no longer seems to work?
Thanks.
2018-11-5
Use props
El Diablo
Second Officer

Germany

Tip: the author has been banned or deleted automatically shield
2018-11-6
Use props
TheObscureDrone
lvl.2
Flight distance : 770276 ft
United Kingdom

El Diablo Posted at 11-6 02:33
Use Auto Focus, then Tap to focus to infinity (use the Focus Peacking feature to ensure you are getting the far away subjects highlighted and then immediately swith to Manual focus to avoid your camera re-focusing. Don't try to manually focus through the dial nor clicking on the infinity symbol, it will not work.

Thank you for that - I hadn't thought about using the Peaking function to verify it. Good tip!
And yes completely agree on the dial and infinity symbol - or even now the Flower which seems to be the method even though this doesn't work accurately either!
Thanks again!
2018-11-6
Use props
El Diablo
Second Officer

Germany

2018-11-6
Use props
poetoe
lvl.3
Flight distance : 3181066 ft
Switzerland

Check out this video from Irix'Guy. He did many videos on focusing the M2P.  I got the best results using his technique.  I.e. never go to AF, always MF and put the focus bar right below the second dash as he explains in the video.  

2018-11-7
Use props
El Diablo
Second Officer

Germany

2018-11-9
Use props
poetoe
lvl.3
Flight distance : 3181066 ft
Switzerland

El Diablo Posted at 11-9 01:23
Hi Poetoe, I would recommend to follow Irix with a pint of salt... his methods do not work with every firmware update and it seems that he is not as experienced as some may think (look at his video regarding "Precision Landing" if you wanna have a laugh). he made 2-3 videos regarding focusing because his methods weren't working properly with every update...

agree, he is a funny character and you can not take anything for granted was he is posting. I watched his first video on the M2P that was completely out of focus and "horrible" as he himself admits in later videos.  He was soooooo embarrassed by that first video that he wanted to put it right by doing tons of indepth videos just focusing on focus :-) but I have to admit that the best focus right under the 2nd line is indeed something he got right, at least what I discovered.
2018-11-9
Use props
El Diablo
Second Officer

Germany

2018-11-9
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules