Demo video of less than full charge battery drop off.
986 4 2015-6-2
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
f1
lvl.2

United States

[size=14.6666669845581px]

No Inspires were hurt filming this video.

My intention was to explore and duplicate the reported sudden battery drop off phenomena.  Battery was left for a week with approx 43% charge, then flown.

Events using youtube time:

00:32 Take off - 41% Battery
00:50 1st warning "Critically Low Voltage" - Indicated Battery 39% - This is odd because I have my 1st warning level set to 15% and my 2nd warning set to 10%.
1:05 Landed Manually re-positioned A/C
1:30 2nd Take of - Hovered 6"- 12" altitude to see what the battery would do.
2:20 At 33% Battery view Battery Info Page. When selecting Battery Info Page instantainous drop to 8%.

Seems odd that there would be such a sudden drop off. This battery was left a week ago at about 43-45% charge to set up for this test. This is NOT the newest battery firmware. My batteries wouldn't take the update from last month, so it is the firmware from several months ago. Makes this the test less useful, and in fact I wasn't going to post it. But it seemed like it might fit this thread, so here it is. FWIW .

Flight logs ends because A/C shut itself down.

2015-6-2
Use props
mountmotor
lvl.4

United States

Thank you for posting this...I have tested my TB48 battery by flying it under 50% and this drop has not happened...That does not mean I will do this for real flights, but that is beside the point. Here  is my theory: Batteries cannot simply drop that much voltage that quickly unless there is damaged cell or: the Inspire THINKS there is a low battery. It looks to me like all of your cells are healthy. The Inspire battery monitor glitches and believes that the battery is low when it is fact not...So I think that this glitch is happening with many inspires and not the actual batteries themselves. When the Inspire thinks there is a low battery it will try and land, however the motors will not just cut off because the battery actually has more power than the Inspire thinks it does....It is a weird phenomena but maybe the new battery firmware fixed this issue because I don't see it popping up anymore on the forum or on my batteries. But for your sake, mine, and everyone else's let's not fly with non fully charged batteries. Take care
2015-6-2
Use props
lkedziora
lvl.2
Flight distance : 808491 ft
Poland

I bought my batteries two weeks ago. One TB 47 and one  TB 48. I have noticed two drops off of TB47. First one happened when I left it for 24 hrs at 44%. After turning the I1 the battery dropped to 12%. One day earlier I upgraded I1 and two batteries with new FW. The second drop off was nearly the same. After 24 hrs it dropped from 46% to 12. I dont think that it is caused by I1 as after removing the battery there was only one blinking light. The TB47 has 7 cycles now. I have not noticed any unusual drop off of the percentage when flying (I always fly on full batteries). IMHO the problem lies in TB47 itself.
Screenshot_2015-06-02-19-14-55.png
2015-6-3
Use props
serge.sozonoff
lvl.2
Flight distance : 545043 ft
Finland

I had this happen as well, before I was aware of this issue from reading the forum.... over water {:3_64:}!
I was going to take it up for a few minutes to capture a beautiful sunset. From experience I new I had enough juice for this in the battery, that is until it suddenly dropped to 7%!!!

Whats interesting about your video is that top right of your screen the battery indicator still indicates a battery level percentage of 35%!

Attached is my flight log, notice the phenomenon at roughy 0:49

I also noticed that, at least in the flight log, I never got an estimation of flight time. There is no doubt about a bug which should be fixed!!

Regards,
Serge

2015-6-3
Use props
ernesto190291
lvl.2
Flight distance : 1080269 ft
Venezuela

i own a phantom 3 professional and i already use the drone today 3 month i one doubt because the health is under 100% and 41 times charged and it's around 97% wich it show total capacity 4209mAH why the battery dropped so fast in less than 5 month?
2015-12-9
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules