Flying drone without license?
754 4 2018-11-5
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
ZcayRuir_9_
lvl.1
Flight distance : 1096 ft
United States

Is there any way to fly your drone, beyond your VLOS, without a license?
2018-11-5
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator

Hi there, I appreciate your time bringing this query to us. Just to clarify, may I know where are you located? DJI drones like the Mavic Pro and Phantom 4 Pro are capable of flying up to 7 km away, but often, 7 km is beyond one’s VLOS. In many ways, watching your drone at all times during flight is the easiest way to prevent accidents. If you only watch the camera view through your phone or tablet, you won’t be able to see what’s around your drone and you’ll be much more likely to have an accident. Also, please follow the rules of your country. Should you have further question, please let us know. Thank you.
2018-11-5
Use props
ZcayRuir_9_
lvl.1
Flight distance : 1096 ft
United States

I am in the United States, and I’m flying the DJI Spark, but I know that the 1.2 mile transmission distance is farther than VLOS.
2018-11-5
Use props
A CW
Captain
Flight distance : 14103563 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

No, in a word. You would need part 107, a waiver from the F A A with permission following a set flight plan for a commercial activity and presumably a spotter I believe. Or you can just do it and hope you don't get caught and fined thousands (or worse).
2018-11-5
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator

ZcayRuir_9_ Posted at 11-5 10:23
I am in the United States, and I’m flying the DJI Spark, but I know that the 1.2 mile transmission distance is farther than VLOS.

Hi, thanks for the clarification. Please refer to @ACW answer from reply #4. Please fly with caution and follow the rules to avoid any issue. Thank you.
2018-11-5
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules