phantom 4 pro tablet compatibility
5856 27 2018-11-5
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Damon1964
lvl.2
United Kingdom

complete newbie not even taken off yet but i have a phantom 4 pro and would like to use it with a yablet as i cant see little screens that well .
i have bought an i pad 2 (my first apple product as i have always hated them) as it was highly rated in an article i found .The thing will not load dji go 4 as it says it is incompatable
I am now having to spend even more cash on an i pad air 2 .Do i have to get one that uses a sim card if i am to use the waypoint section of the apps and will it still be able to geo locate without a sim .
2018-11-5
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hi. Welcome to DJI forum. i understand that you want to know what is the best tablet or mobile device for your DJI Phantom 4 Pro. It is highly recommended to use a tablet that is listed on the recommended mobile device for your DJI Phantom 4 Pro for compatibility and reliability purposes and for you to use all the functions of the DJI Go 4 application. For reference I will post the list of recommended mobile device for the DJI Phantom 4 Pro. I hope this can help. Thank you for your support.

2018-11-5
Use props
RedHotPoker
Captain
Flight distance : 165105 ft
Canada

Well come on in, to the forum.  It’s nice to greet new members.

Enjoy your drone, and time well spent, while in the forum.

RedHotPoker
2018-11-5
Use props
ATJ
Second Officer
Flight distance : 17736 ft
United States

I would definitely suggest the
Huawei MediaPad M3 Lite 10

Huawei incredibley easy to use with DJi 4 Go
2018-11-5
Use props
Damon1964
lvl.2
United Kingdom

DJI Stephen Posted at 11-5 12:15
Hi. Welcome to DJI forum. i understand that you want to know what is the best tablet or mobile device for your DJI Phantom 4 Pro. It is highly recommended to use a tablet that is listed on the recommended mobile device for your DJI Phantom 4 Pro for compatibility and reliability purposes and for you to use all the functions of the DJI Go 4 application. For reference I will post the list of recommended mobile device for the DJI Phantom 4 Pro. I hope this can help. Thank you for your support.

[view_image]

I have looked at the list and now read other threads in the forum .The list you advise does not list the Huawei media pad 5 as compatible with any go app, yet the forum members and users seem to rate it quite highly why is this
2018-11-5
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Damon1964 Posted at 11-5 12:29
I have looked at the list and now read other threads in the forum .The list you advise does not list the Huawei media pad 5 as compatible with any go app, yet the forum members and users seem to rate it quite highly why is this

As of the moment the Huawei media pad 5 is not yet listed as a recommended mobile device for your DJI Phantom 4 Pro. Rest assured that our DJI R&D Team are on the process of testing other mobile device to be recommended for the said drone in the future. For the lates news and updates please check our official website at www.dji.com. Thank you.
2018-11-5
Use props
Labroides
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 9991457 ft
  • >>>
Australia

Damon1964 Posted at 11-5 12:29

Forget DJI's list.
They very rarely test anything or update it.
The best flying tablets in Android currently are the Huawei M3 & M5.
They perform equally well, have great screens, boot quickly and are no trouble to configure.
2018-11-5
Use props
RedHotPoker
Captain
Canada

Why do some seem preferred with Android devices over iOS’s?

Perhaps it’s the higher Apple prices, that sway many away..

RedHotPoker

2018-11-5
Use props
Damon1964
lvl.2
United Kingdom

Labroides Posted at 11-5 12:58
Forget DJI's list.
They very rarely test anything or update it.
The best flying tablets in Android currently are the Huawei M3 & M5.

thanks for the confirmation do you know if they need the sim cards to download maps so you can set paths for  flight by waypoints .
2018-11-5
Use props
Damon1964
lvl.2
United Kingdom

RedHotPoker Posted at 11-5 13:03

i have always had an aversion to Apple products as they are so closed source .The android system is open source .Every time apple bring out a new product they change charge leads and price them at 10 times the price of such things as micro usb .They are not backwards compatible if you want to listen to music you have to pay apple .If you want a new program (app) you pay apple .If you want a new accessory you pay apple. you can see the theme here  
2018-11-5
Use props
RedHotPoker
Captain
Canada

Damon1964 Posted at 11-5 13:21
i have always had an aversion to Apple products as they are so closed source .The android system is open source .Every time apple bring out a new product they change charge leads and price them at 10 times the price of such things as micro usb .They are not backwards compatible if you want to listen to music you have to pay apple .If you want a new program (app) you pay apple .If you want a new accessory you pay apple. you can see the theme here

Many apps are completely free, with no add on purchase required.
I have played tons of free games and listened to plenty of duty free music.

Actually, I prefer video, over simple music, so sites like YouTube, are invaluable to me.

Besides, I only really need Frank Zappa music and videos, for the rest of my life, it would suffice.
It’s all on there, and then some... The Zappa family trust, keeps pumping it out. haha

I do have a great hp desk top, for all of the online activities the iPad won’t ever provide us.
Closed System is good though, in that viruses, Trojan horses, and the like are mostly stopped at the gates.,.,.
Updates are fairly infrequent, compared to Microsoft. I don’t know how often Androids get updated.

RedHotPoker

2018-11-5
Use props
Geebax
Captain
Australia

Damon1964 Posted at 11-5 13:03
thanks for the confirmation do you know if they need the sim cards to download maps so you can set paths for  flight by waypoints .

No, you do not need a sim card to fly with an Air 2. If you want maps, you can cache them ahead of time, while you are at home with a WiFi connection.
2018-11-5
Use props
msinger
Captain
Flight distance : 228255 ft
  • >>>
United States

@Damon1964, you can find a list of supported and commonly used tablets here:

Best Tablets and Phones for DJI GO (Updated Daily)

You do not need a SIM card (or cellular service) in order to use the waypoint feature. All DJI drones contain a GPS receiver. That's how they know where they are located.
2018-11-5
Use props
RedHotPoker
Captain
Canada

Geebax Posted at 11-5 13:37
No, you do not need a sim card to fly with an Air 2. If you want maps, you can cache them ahead of time, while you are at home with a WiFi connection.

The only concern that I have about caching maps ahead of time, is they don’t always stay cached.

I think it may be relevant, to cache your flight map, and not turn off the tablet, before heading out to fly.

I have had them cache, while other times, no map was available. One nice thing is, you could use a cell phone as a wifi hotspot, to get them, while in the field, without a SIM card in your Apple device.

I use an a Air 2 Cellular as well, & I chose it, because only the Cellular version contain the GPS module.
Which is needed for some autonomous flight modes. As well, so I can change my dynamic home point, if I roam while I’m in the air. Or hop on the SpYder for a rip.

RedHotPoker
2018-11-5
Use props
Damon1964
lvl.2
United Kingdom

Geebax Posted at 11-5 13:37

can you cache the satellite view in the same way  
2018-11-5
Use props
Damon1964
lvl.2
United Kingdom

msinger Posted at 11-5 13:39
@Damon1964, you can find a list of supported and commonly used tablets here:

Best Tablets and Phones for DJI GO (Updated Daily)

ok thanks as with a sat nav but i have not had a sat nav that can convert to satellite view fr when you are in fields
2018-11-5
Use props
ATJ
Second Officer
Flight distance : 17736 ft
United States

The DJi Crystalsky and the P4P+ GL300 are Android based devices.

So it only makes sense that the DJi 4Go app is designed around the Android Operating System.
2018-11-5
Use props
RedHotPoker
Captain
Canada

Damon1964 Posted at 11-5 14:13
can you cache the satellite view in the same way

No, notta.

That might be a suggestion, for DJI, to forward, though...

RedHotPoker
2018-11-5
Use props
RedHotPoker
Captain
Canada

ATJ Posted at 11-5 14:31
The DJi Crystalsky and the P4P+ GL300 are Android based devices.

So it only makes sense that the DJi 4Go app is designed around the Android Operating System.

Neither of which are carried in Apple outlets....

RedHotPoker
2018-11-5
Use props
Labroides
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
Australia

Damon1964 Posted at 11-5 13:03

If I am doing waypoint flight, I usually set it up at home with wifi and if I need data connection in the field, it's easy to hotspot from the phone.
2018-11-5
Use props
Labroides
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
Australia

Because some people have a personal preference for a system they are used to.
Or they just don't like the way Apple make you do everything their way and don't give you any freedom.
Just a few possible reasons to prefer the other system:
Can you pop in an SD card to give your iPad more storage?
Can you plug your iPad into a computer to add/delete files etc without having to go through iTunes?
Do you get a GPS receiver without having to pay for cellular capability?
Price?
2018-11-5
Use props
RedHotPoker
Captain
Canada

A
Labroides Posted at 11-5 15:52
Because some people have a personal preference for a system they are used to.
Or they just don't like the way Apple make you do everything their way and don't give you any freedom.
Just a few possible reasons to prefer the other system

Labroides, yes those are all great points, but:

https://www.online-tech-tips.com ... orage-to-your-ipad/
As well, have you seen these?
https://www.cnet.com/how-to/how-to-add-more-storage-to-an-ios-device/
49170FE3-2497-42FA-AED7-77FE60D9A37B.jpeg

I would have to delve further, investigate and get back to you on some of those other concerns.

RedHotPoker

2018-11-5
Use props
Labroides
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
Australia

RedHotPoker Posted at 11-5 16:20
Labroides, yes those are all great points, but:

https://www.online-tech-tips.com ... orage-to-your-ipad/

I haven't seen it, but since I don't have any Apple products, I'm not likely to use it anyway.

It's not like Apple are the only option out there.
There are extremely good products from other sources too.
2018-11-5
Use props
RedHotPoker
Captain
Canada

Labroides Posted at 11-5 19:34
I haven't seen it, but since I don't have any Apple products, I'm not likely to use it anyway.

It's not like Apple are the only option out there.

No, I may never buy any external memory for my iPad either. Ah, though it’s nice to know it’s available, wireless too. You thought other wise. ;-)

Never have I owned any other Apple products, just two iPads, nor do I buy into any of their other services.

I do appreciate that they are pretty much trouble free, without having to tinker to fine tune them.

Mine has served me very well, and I think that’s what any of us expect from our devices.
Never had any issues wihile flying or other activity where the iPad was key.

Yes, it’s true, that they are limiting for many things, but, I’m not a techi that requires open source devices. I let others do that stuff. I jail broke my earlier iPad 3 but unbroke it again.

I do appreciate your knowledge of this stuff, and willingness to share it freely.

RedHotPoker
2018-11-5
Use props
Damon1964
lvl.2
United Kingdom

Labroides Posted at 11-5 15:44
If I am doing waypoint flight, I usually set it up at home with wifi and if I need data connection in the field, it's easy to hotspot from the phone.

Thanks Labroides yes a phone tether is obvious if i had thought about it .
2018-11-5
Use props
olm98
New

India

https://forum.dji.com/thread-171572-1-1.html
2022-10-1
Use props
olm98
New

India

https://forum.dji.com/thread-171572-1-1.html
2022-10-1
Use props
olm98
New

India

change ink in the canon pixma printer so lets start with changing the ink cartridges on the printer now lets get the how to change the ink in canon pixma printer remove the papers in the printers and switch on or else the cartridges will never come out of the printer now turn on the printer and open the clip where the cartridges are there now the cartridges are there .the cartridges will move for some time and settled in the center of the printing area .note down the cartridge details and purchase exactly the same type you can even refill the cartridges and be careful while refilling it shake well before unwrapping the cartridge its a prevention for leakage problem every cartridge has a protective sticker remove it before installation reverse the way you remove them and insert the cartridge do it gently with less pressure and close the lid now change ink in the pixma printer . so remove the papers in the printer and switch on or else the cartridges will never come out of the printer open the printer and the cartridges will keep moving left to right inside it so it will settle down and slowly remove the ink cartridge pull the cartridge holder down and slowly remove teh ink cartridge add ink to the cartridge holder now close it so it wa really simple and easy but need to know how to manage if there is a problem here are some tips .
2022-10-1
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules