Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Mavic Pro Platinum Owners - can you replicate this behavior?
6708 103 2018-11-5
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Mgozer
lvl.4
Switzerland

@Zsolti,
I've never noticed this last issue...
But I'll try this week end and revert
2019-1-8
Use props
GrizzlyAK
lvl.2
United States

Zsolti Posted at 1-7 01:46
On my latest flight I noticed that the drone is doing the same even when I'm not using the gimbal tilt, only the yaw and some forward movement. Does anyone else have this?

https://youtu.be/c31PH7BIMKQ
Hmm. I didn't see the artifact I’m experiencing in your video. It looked continuous without the 'jump'.  I see you don't have any easing added to your yaw, which would help with the abrupt start and stop. Not sure if that was your intent in this demostration video or not, but in case you weren't aware, it would make your videos with pan/tilt start and end more smoothly.
2019-1-8
Use props
Zsolti
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1882113 ft
Romania

GrizzlyAK Posted at 1-8 23:11
Hmm. I didn't see the artifact I/m experiencing in your video. It looked continuous without the 'jump'.  I see you don't have any easing added to your yaw, which would help with the abrupt start and stop. Not sure if that was your intent in this demostration video or not, but in case you weren't aware, it would make your videos with pan/tilt start and end more smoothly.

The jump isn't an artifact in the video, it's the drone actually freezing for a fraction of a second while I'm trying to turn it and as you can see it ruins the shot completely. It became worse as I was slowing down the yaw. I don't know if it's the temperature, an IMU error, firmware fault or hardware fault, but it's disappointing. It doesn't happen every time though, I noticed it a few times before, but it wasn't this significant.
2019-1-9
Use props
GrizzlyAK
lvl.2
United States

Zsolti Posted at 1-9 15:00
The jump isn't an artifact in the video, it's the drone actually freezing for a fraction of a second while I'm trying to turn it and as you can see it ruins the shot completely. It became worse as I was slowing down the yaw. I don't know if it's the temperature, an IMU error, firmware fault or hardware fault, but it's disappointing. It doesn't happen every time though, I noticed it a few times before, but it wasn't this significant.

Ah, you are talking about the pauses. What you are seeing is a different problem than what is described in this thread. The pauses we see with tilt and the yaw are much briefer (unless you’ve slowed down this video). This looks like a lost signal or a fault in the controller. Have you tried it in WiFi mode to eliminate the RC as the problem. I’ve kot experienced this particular issue as shown.
2019-1-9
Use props
ECFilms
lvl.2
Flight distance : 8807664 ft
Philippines

ECFilms Posted at 1-3 08:41
I still doubt that its the FW as i've downgraded mine one step. Test on both android and ios. Android is smooth with no "stutter" during panning and gimbal wheel release. Ios still exhibit the same.

Too bad my ipad air 2 died last christmas, will be using the 2018 ipad for further testing.

Alright, i was compiling all my 2018 videos and noticed some of it have this "stutter" even dating way back february 2018. Theres a new dji go 4 update but the stutter is still there. Again, this only happend when im using Ipad. Still no issues with android.
2019-1-10
Use props
Mgozer
lvl.4
Switzerland

So it looks like the new ios app still shows this issue...
Not good
2019-1-15
Use props
GrizzlyAK
lvl.2
United States

I doubt they’ve had time to debug this and get a new version out. I’m sure they are still working it. We can hopefully see a new updatE with a fix in a month or two depending on how many resources they apply to it. Should be an easy fix IMO.
2019-1-15
Use props
ECFilms
lvl.2
Philippines

GrizzlyAK Posted at 1-15 23:55
I doubt they’ve had time to debug this and get a new version out. I’m sure they are still working it. We can hopefully see a new updatE with a fix in a month or two depending on how many resources they apply to it. Should be an easy fix IMO.

Hello, i took one for the team and went on to buy litchi app just to see if the problem persist, nothing was changed from the aircrafts firmware nor the ipad im using

Latest dji go + ipad air 2 = stutter
Latest litchi app + ipad air 2 = no stutter

This will prove, once and for all, that the culprit is the DJi Go 4 itself. It somehow sends a “jerking” motion to the drone during a yaw + gimbal release maneouver.

I rest my case, will be using litchi for now until this is resolved.

Regards
Eric C.
2019-1-18
Use props
GrizzlyAK
lvl.2
United States

ECFilms Posted at 1-18 10:00
Hello, i took one for the team and went on to buy litchi app just to see if the problem persist, nothing was changed from the aircrafts firmware nor the ipad im using

Latest dji go + ipad air 2 = stutter

Excellent! Thanks Eric for testing! I’ll follow up with my contact at DJI in case they’ve stopped monitoring this thread.

Cheers,
Shane
2019-1-18
Use props
Mgozer
lvl.4
Switzerland

Any news with the latest app issue?
Unfortunately I still haven't time to test it by myself.
Anybody did?

2019-1-25
Use props
GrizzlyAK
lvl.2
United States

Mgozer Posted at 1-25 00:43
Any news with the latest app issue?
Unfortunately I still haven't time to test it by myself.
Anybody did?

A few people here tested and we think we have narrowed the problem down to DJI’s Go 4 App, not firmware in the drone itself (although the problem could be a combination of issues in both components). I have made my contact at DJI aware of the findings by the kind folks here and they are working in it, so I’m told. I’ve been fiven no ETA to a fix. They’ll have to identify the problem in the code first (which I think should be relatively easy). I’ll post back here as soon as I hear anything. I do get regular emails from my contact.

Shane
2019-1-25
Use props
Mgozer
lvl.4
Switzerland

GrizzlyAK Posted at 1-25 12:44
A few people here tested and we think we have narrowed the problem down to DJI’s Go 4 App, not firmware in the drone itself (although the problem could be a combination of issues in both components). I have made my contact at DJI aware of the findings by the kind folks here and they are working in it, so I’m told. I’ve been fiven no ETA to a fix. They’ll have to identify the problem in the code first (which I think should be relatively easy). I’ll post back here as soon as I hear anything. I do get regular emails from my contact.

Shane

Ok, have you tested the latest Ios app, by any chance?
Unfortunately I can't now
2019-1-28
Use props
ECFilms
lvl.2
Philippines

Mgozer Posted at 1-28 00:17
Ok, have you tested the latest Ios app, by any chance?
Unfortunately I can't now

Already tested the latest ios app, still the same. Perhaps they’re more concentrating in perfecting the app for the mp2 series leaving us old mp1 owners behind,

Still using litchi as of this moment so i could have smooth tilt-pan shots
2019-2-5
Use props
GrizzlyAK
lvl.2
United States

Hi everyone, I wanted to report on progress on this issue. Unfortunately, DJI has been either unwilling to fix, or incapable of fixing (I expect the latter), the issue plaguing Mavic Pros using their DJI GO4 App. Based upon input here, we believe we narrowed the issue down to the app itself, not the FW in the drones, which could be fixed by an update to the App (since this doesn't appear to occur with Litchi). But DJI has made no progress on fixing the issue.

I received a call today (two plus weeks after the guy told me he would call me) reporting on my request to trade-in my Mavic Pro Platinum FMC for a Mavic Pro 2 with an offer to pay any additional retail cost associated with the trade, since they've been unable to repair the problem in over a year. My request was denied. DJI sold me a faulty drone not suitable for aerial drone footage (for any cinematic purposes, that is, ignoring the noticeable pulses every 8 frames due to the ridiculous compression they use), had me send it back in three times, replaced it twice, and now refuses to replace it (or fix it, to date). I am extremely disappointed in DJI and will probably never purchase another DJI product. Their QA, testing, and inability fo their support team to understand and troubleshoot their products - or stand behind them - well..., sucks. I can say this because after three trips to DJI support, two replaced drones, and repeated attempts by me to comminicate that this was a SW/FW issue, and not a HW issue that can be fixed by simply sending me out a new drone, it was me and the users on this forum who did the troubleshooting and finally tracked down the issue - not DJI. What DJI is doing with the information I can't be sure, but apparently it isn't being used to fix the problem for thousands of MPP users.

I would, however, like to get one more confirmation from anyone using the Mavic Pro Platinum with the Litchi app to confirm that the combination does not exhibit the bad behavior I see with the DJI app. If that can be confirmed, then it might be the resolution to get at least some use out of this drone before selling it.

Thanks to everyone who responded and assisted in determining the cause of the issue. I'm sorry I don't have better news, and as far as DJI is concerned, I guess it means we'll all just have to live with it.

Cheers,
Griz

2019-3-5
Use props
GrizzlyAK
lvl.2
United States

ECFilms Posted at 2-5 07:33
Already tested the latest ios app, still the same. Perhaps they’re more concentrating in perfecting the app for the mp2 series leaving us old mp1 owners behind,

Is your Litchi app still allowing you to avoid the issue? That may just be the solution for all of us. Good for Litchi. Bad for DJI. I'll probably just go ahead and download it to test it myself.
2019-3-5
Use props
GrizzlyAK
lvl.2
United States

ECFilms Posted at 2-5 07:33

Hey, had a question about the Litchi app and how you like it compared to Go4 (before I buy it). Does it give you the same functionality? Anything you don’t like versus the Go4? Thanks.
2019-3-13
Use props
Mgozer
lvl.4
Switzerland

If you read previous posts, it looks like Litchi si working fine regarding yaw+camera tilt.
2019-3-19
Use props
ECFilms
lvl.2
Philippines

GrizzlyAK Posted at 3-13 13:49
Hey, had a question about the Litchi app and how you like it compared to Go4 (before I buy it). Does it give you the same functionality? Anything you don’t like versus the Go4? Thanks.

Pardon the very late reply as i’ve been busy with filming, already tried the platinum with go app with the same result as the normal mavic pro, no issues on litchi so far.
2019-3-22
Use props
ECFilms
lvl.2
Philippines

GrizzlyAK Posted at 3-13 13:49

Its give and take, for example, you could assign more functions on the 5D button in litchi, including the “press” (not just the up,down, left, right) also, what I liked about litchi is that you could assign the C1/C2 buttons for an specific flight mode, like tripod,course lock, homelock etc,,

With this, i could fly fast outdoors then approach indoors, click c1 (i assigned for tripod) then fly very slowly indoors for that “cinematic out-indoor transition” which, as this moment, can only be done with the mavic 2 with the tripod mode assigned next to sports mode.

Drawback is that you cant change gimbal pitch sensitivity/smoothing in litchi, you have to set it in dji go app, but once dialed in, you could readily fly with no worries.

Been using litchi for the past few weeks now, no glitches and i have my smooth, uninterrupted footages
2019-3-22
Use props
Mgozer
lvl.4
Switzerland

The app has been recently updated.
Have you tried again?

Bye
2019-5-5
Use props
Mgozer
lvl.4
Switzerland

Just tested the lastest Ios app on Iphone 6.
The Bug is still there.
2019-6-17
Use props
Mars5150
lvl.4
Flight distance : 391493 ft
United States

I'll check it out this afternoon. But I already have some remembering of having noticed something similar. But thought of a temporary or flight conditions issue. I will test it at home. Come back with results.
2019-6-17
Use props
Mars5150
lvl.4
Flight distance : 391493 ft
Italy

Mars5150 Posted at 6-17 23:17
I'll check it out this afternoon. But I already have some remembering of having noticed something similar. But thought of a temporary or flight conditions issue. I will test it at home. Come back with results.

OK,
I did the test!
Last version of DJI GO 4, updated on 12th of June.
Mavic Pro FW latest.
I do have the same problem/issue. While rotating left or right as soon as I engage the gimble (just a little) it stops/hangs. In cinematic mode it's less.
If the gimble is held fixed up or downwards then it doesn't seems to happen, I mean the little hang.

By the way Mine is  a two year old Mavic Pro. Not platinum.
2019-6-19
Use props
Mgozer
lvl.4
Switzerland

Mars5150 Posted at 6-19 07:04
OK,
I did the test!
Last version of DJI GO 4, updated on 12th of June.

This is happening with Apple devices only since several Igo4 app versions now.
DJI knows this issue, but still has not fixed it.

too bad.
2019-6-20
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules