intelligent collision avoidance setting FEATURE REQUEST
1266 14 2018-11-6
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
DeuceDriv3r
lvl.4
Flight distance : 4698533 ft
United States

Would anyone else like to see an option in the Go 4 app to have the Mavic / Spark disable collision avoidnace sensors when flying ABOVE the failsafe RTH altitude...

1> if I am flying above my set RTH FAILSAFE. .. there should be NO obsticals  RIGHT?

2> This would SOLVE the issues where in low angle lighting the aircraft gets false collision sensor activations and prevent forward flight

3> This enables faster speeds (sensor off speeds) without having to pause once ascended to turn off the senors to get it or go to sport mode

4> With the option ACTIVE.. the aircraft will automatically turn of collisoin sensors once above the altitude with the requisit red indicator at the top right of the screen and a warning banner that its disabled  .... the re-acivate when decending back through that altidude..

cant see a down side.. and it would be a radio button either on the same page as RTH or sensors page...

thoughts????

2018-11-6
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hi. Thank you for the suggestion you have shared with us today. Rest assured that DJI values your suggestions and that I will forward this thread to our DJI R&D team for further development of the product. Thank you for your support.
2018-11-6
Use props
DeuceDriv3r
lvl.4
United States

DJI Stephen Posted at 11-6 06:39
Hi. Thank you for the suggestion you have shared with us today. Rest assured that DJI values your suggestions and that I will forward this thread to our DJI R&D team for further development of the product. Thank you for your support.

thanks and while your at it... please get an update on the yaw magyaw atti flyaway firmware fixes that we have been waiting for.... for MONTHS
and I should clarify.. the collision sensors should be OFF  ... AT or ABOVE +/- a buffer  and back on BELOW RTH harddeck/failsafe altitude... again .. with a buffer so that they STAY OFF on a RTH to keep RTH at speed once ascended to the RTH failsafe atl   .. and annyances of constant on/off when flying close to the RTH failsafe altitude
2018-11-6
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

DeuceDriv3r Posted at 11-6 06:40
thanks and while your at it... please get an update on the yaw magyaw atti flyaway firmware fixes that we have been waiting for.... for MONTHS

Thank you for the additional inquiry. I will certainly include this inquiry to the report that I will be sending to our DJI R&D team. If you have any other concerns please feel free to post it here at DJI forum. We are here to help you.
2018-11-6
Use props
DeuceDriv3r
lvl.4
United States

DJI Stephen Posted at 11-6 06:45
Thank you for the additional inquiry. I will certainly include this inquiry to the report that I will be sending to our DJI R&D team. If you have any other concerns please feel free to post it here at DJI forum. We are here to help you.

thanks!!! hopefully someone will PM me from DJI with actual answers .. I have over $2000 worth of DJI equipment that I now won't fly more than a short distance away due to these issues.. would like to start getting full use out of my hardware again...

I will keep any official replies confidential ...
2018-11-6
Use props
White Ox
lvl.3
Flight distance : 98281 ft

United States

Great idea, Deuce.  I like it!
2018-11-6
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

DeuceDriv3r Posted at 11-6 06:52
thanks!!! hopefully someone will PM me from DJI with actual answers .. I have over $2000 worth of DJI equipment that I now won't fly more than a short distance away due to these issues.. would like to start getting full use out of my hardware again...

I will be sending you a notification as soon as I have the reply from our DJI R&D team. Thank you.
2018-11-6
Use props
DeuceDriv3r
lvl.4
United States

White Ox Posted at 11-6 06:53
Great idea, Deuce.  I like it!

thanks ox...

as smart as DJI aircraft can be.. they are limited by a lack of programming vision in many cases....and the Go 4 app is cumbersome in many ways where it could be cleaner, leaner, and way smarter to make flying less task intensive...
2018-11-6
Use props
DeuceDriv3r
lvl.4
United States

DJI Stephen Posted at 11-6 06:55
I will be sending you a notification as soon as I have the reply from our DJI R&D team. Thank you.

Steve..

and while I am at it...

WHY in gods name CANT we keep config files on a controller/phone so that settings could be made and adjusted without the aircraft connected...

I should be able to see and adjust settings for each of my craft in DJI GO without the AC powered up... then when the AC links to the RC .. the RC can just push the updated settings..

I waste a lot of battery just setting things up for different shooting locations..

these config files could sync across devices using the same mechanism that flight logs sync with?
2018-11-6
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
Flight distance : 9827923 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

Just put craft in sport mode, it will go faster than with no sensors and OA will be turned off.
2018-11-6
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

DeuceDriv3r Posted at 11-6 06:52

Hi there, thanks for your response. DJI Stephen already sent  your suggestion to our R&D Engineers. We will give you a heads up once we already have the response from them. Thanks for your support.
2018-11-7
Use props
SAADHERO
lvl.4
Flight distance : 2269905 ft
Kuwait

would love to be able to Turn VPS off so i can worry less of it thinking a cloud is the ground and land on it
and being able to fly in atti to practice flying just incase
2018-11-7
Use props
DeuceDriv3r
lvl.4
United States

SAADHERO Posted at 11-7 03:59
would love to be able to Turn VPS off so i can worry less of it thinking a cloud is the ground and land on it
and being able to fly in atti to practice flying just incase

the only way you can put you bird into full  atti on purpose is to hack the firmware... there are articles about how to use older versions of assistant and there are even some free/paid for apps that can help out.... even change the mode switch so that your sport mode becomes atti for example...
2018-11-7
Use props
SAADHERO
lvl.4
Flight distance : 2269905 ft
Kuwait

DeuceDriv3r Posted at 11-7 08:00
the only way you can put you bird into full  atti on purpose is to hack the firmware... there are articles about how to use older versions of assistant and there are even some free/paid for apps that can help out.... even change the mode switch so that your sport mode becomes atti for example...

interesting i will do some research later to see if its worth it  
2018-11-7
Use props
Laz22
lvl.3
Flight distance : 63307 ft
United States

DeuceDriv3r Posted at 11-7 08:00
the only way you can put you bird into full  atti on purpose is to hack the firmware... there are articles about how to use older versions of assistant and there are even some free/paid for apps that can help out.... even change the mode switch so that your sport mode becomes atti for example...

Yeah I have seen a vid of a RC when switching to sport it put it into ATTI was wondering how but guess it was a hack.
2018-11-8
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules