1018 12 2018-11-6
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
MichaelDiggs
lvl.2
Flight distance : 151 ft
  • >>>
United States

Only 13 minutes. This was the longest I could fly with my Pro. I recorded it, showing how little there were power lines and anykind of interferance. It was only 8100 feet or something close to that. Not even a mile out. DJI did repair my drone, replaced the main controller board and said it was tested fine. So I'm going to take off a the same location of this video and see if I can pass it. Also when flying over the lake about 200 feet or some obstable advoidance would instantly jump on and say there is something in front of me. Does this happen over water or something? Or could it be something to do with the faulty board they replaced? In the video you'll see the drone just stop, those were the times where thre advoidance came in and said there was something ahead and stopped to avoid a crash, but as you can see there is absolutely nothing in front of me the entire time. Well, here is the video. Also, it was a cloudy day, so I set my white balance on cloudy. Do I need filters for this camera? I heard Polarpro make a full set of filters for $149. Wonder if those are even worth buying. Anyway, do you think post processing could of made this video look any better? I know you may not be able to see it like I can, because it is streaming on youtube, but the original flying video does look really good.

2018-11-6
Use props
A CW
Captain
Flight distance : 13864580 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Good work!
2018-11-6
Use props
jacksonnai
Captain
Malaysia

Nice flight thanks for sharing
2018-11-7
Use props
jacksonnai
Captain
Malaysia

Would be really nice if you can enable playback on other websites, as it will be easier for the user to watch it
2018-11-7
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
Flight distance : 2560453 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

Nice work!
2018-11-7
Use props
S.D. Pilot
Captain
Flight distance : 10278435 ft
  • >>>
United States

Nobody even answered your questions.

" So I'm going to take off a the same location of this video and see if I can pass it. Also when flying over the lake about 200 feet or some obstable advoidance would instantly jump on and say there is something in front of me. Does this happen over water or something? Or could it be something to do with the faulty board they replaced? In the video you'll see the drone just stop, those were the times where thre advoidance came in and said there was something ahead and stopped to avoid a crash, but as you can see there is absolutely nothing in front of me the entire time. Well, here is the video. Also, it was a cloudy day, so I set my white balance on cloudy. Do I need filters for this camera? I heard Polarpro make a full set of filters for $149."

1.) flying over the lake about 200 feet or some obstable advoidance would instantly jump on and say there is something in front of me. Does this happen over water or something?

I've noticed on a couple of previous flights different messages as well but nothing that interefere with the flights from what I recall. I fly over water all the time and that in itself doesn't become a problem where it would effect the drone.

2.) Or could it be something to do with the faulty board they replaced?

Strong possibility. Did you crash and have DJI replaced/fix damages ?

3.) Do I need filters for this camera? I heard Polarpro make a full set of filters for $149."

Strickly your preference. I had filters before but got rid of them because I usually render the raw footage then fix in post.
2018-11-7
Use props
Woe
Captain
Flight distance : 4129268 ft
  • >>>
United States

Nice work.  flying at 200ft is a little low for distance flying. At 8100 is about 1.7 close to 1.8 miles out.

When out that distance height is your best friend. The sun sometimes trigger the OA

even with an ND filter on it. Next outing try for height along with distance.
2018-11-7
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hi. Good day and thank you for sharing this great experience with us. Have a safe and happy flying always.
2018-11-7
Use props
Sky Carrier
Second Officer
Flight distance : 590102 ft
Netherlands

Nice video, thanks for sharing
2018-11-7
Use props
Zatx
Second Officer
Flight distance : 158166 ft
United States

8,000 ft is way more than a mile out, it's nearly two miles. As another commenter mentioned, 200ft is very low for distant flight. At that height and range, the trees and ground are interfering with your signal. Ideally, you want line of sight for maximum range.

Do you need filters? No.
Are filters needed to keep the framerate in the cinematic effect range (1/50 for 24fps filming)? Absolutely.
2018-11-8
Use props
davidmartingraf
First Officer
Flight distance : 106566408 ft
  • >>>
United States

Nicely done - thanks again for sharing!
2018-11-8
Use props
Easy Ed
Second Officer
Flight distance : 41414 ft
United States

2018-11-8
Use props
MichaelDiggs
lvl.2
Flight distance : 151 ft
  • >>>
United States

Easy Ed Posted at 11-8 16:43

Well I received the "repaired" drone this week. I sent it to them for repair since I couldn't get any good distances with an area that just had trees and water. No power line, not even houses. I could only get 1.5 miles out, and this drone is advertised for 18km which is 11 miles. Seriously DJI, why would you even advertise that distance? Anyway, I took it out for a test flight and all I could get was 8000 feet, which is 1.5 miles. Now I'm not expecting 11 miles at all, not even half of what it is advertised but when flying over prestine conditions with just trees and some water and only being able to get  a tiny percentage of the advertised distance is pretty lame and really should be thrown under false advertising.  There must be A LOT of fine/small print all over about this drone. With the conditions I had,  I would hope to see maybe 3 miles would be nice. Not too much to ask for when it is advertised for 11 miles.

Ok, big question of the day. How would I get my flight data off the SD card? I'd like to reproduce the flight with all the flight data on the screen like I'm flying the drone. What's the easiest way to do that? I believe I read somewhere I need to export files somehow off my SD card  and then import them back into something else? And is everything played back through the DJI app on my phone or is there a way I can play it all back on my computer? Well, thanks for listening to me rant on and vent!                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                   
2018-11-11
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules