16911 14 2018-11-7
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
fans7bb57a84
lvl.2
Flight distance : 61368 ft
Australia

Hi Guys

My Osmo is a couple of years old now but I take great care of it.

It first starting showing problems in failing to power up about 6 months ago. I found if I was patient and inserted the battery with some force it would seem to come good on the second or third attempt. Frustrating but manageable.... But today, my patience has gone as it is not powering up at all and I have tried a number of 'fixes' I could find online.

I am desperate for any solution as I am about to go on a shoot tomorrow and NEED this to work for me. Once I get back I will send the Osmo back to DJI for repairs regardless but I am praying someone can help me here?

I have tried (with 3 different fully charged batteries in and out of the Osmo)

• Holding the picture, record and power button down simultaneously for 3 seconds.
  • Inserting the battery with some force and holding in place before powering up.
  • Holding the picture, power and trigger buttons simultaneously for 15 seconds.
  • Cleaning the battery terminals with alcohol and cotton tip.
  • A range of other button combinations while holding power.

Would really appreciate ANY suggestions on a fix.

Matt
2018-11-7
Use props
jacksonnai
Captain
Malaysia

Here are some ways to maybe fix it that I saw on the forum
1.Try resetting the Osmo. You would do that by the following steps: Hold down the trigger and the record button and then the power button.  It should then reset and turn back on again.
2.Communication between the battery and the handle is abnormal,  try to wipe the copper sheet inside the battery compartment with 95% alcohol and cotton swab. Let the alcohol air dry. If it does not work, wipe the battery contact with alcohol and cotton swab.  
3.If the battery is tested and functions correctly, the issue could be with the battery connector
2018-11-7
Use props
PrunoMars
lvl.2
Australia

jacksonnai Posted at 11-7 05:10
Here are some ways to maybe fix it that I saw on the forum
1.Try resetting the Osmo. You would do that by the following steps: Hold down the trigger and the record button and then the power button.  It should then reset and turn back on again.
2.Communication between the battery and the handle is abnormal,  try to wipe the copper sheet inside the battery compartment with 95% alcohol and cotton swab. Let the alcohol air dry. If it does not work, wipe the battery contact with alcohol and cotton swab.  

Thanks for the swift reply I have tried all those solutions already but I tried them all again after reading your advice.

Unfortunately, nothing worked...

I'm still looking for a solution it seems :/
2018-11-7
Use props
jacksonnai
Captain
Malaysia

PrunoMars Posted at 11-7 05:31
Thanks for the swift reply  I have tried all those solutions already but I tried them all again after reading your advice.

Unfortunately, nothing worked...

How many years you have been using it?
Sending it to dji is the best option
2018-11-7
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello. I am sorry to know that you are having issues in powering on your DJI Osmo. I understand that you've tried different troubleshooting steps in fixing this issue unfortunately the issue still persist. Since this issue is still happening. The best thing you need  to do is to send the DJI Osmo for additional analysis and for repair. Please contact DJI support at https://www.dji.com/support to create ticket for your device. Thank you.
2018-11-7
Use props
PrunoMars
lvl.2
Australia

DJI Stephen Posted at 11-7 08:48
Hello. I am sorry to know that you are having issues in powering on your DJI Osmo. I understand that you've tried different troubleshooting steps in fixing this issue unfortunately the issue still persist. Since this issue is still happening. The best thing you need  to do is to send the DJI Osmo for additional analysis and for repair. Please contact DJI support at  to create ticket for your device. Thank you.

Thanks for the info everyone, I'm going to have to send to DJI and will try to remember to come back and log how it was fixed FYI
2018-11-12
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

PrunoMars Posted at 11-12 15:57
Thanks for the info everyone, I'm going to have to send to DJI and will try to remember to come back and log how it was fixed FYI

You are welcome PrunoMars. If you have any other concerns with DJI please feel free to post it here at DJI Forum. We are here to help you.
2018-11-13
Use props
magicboy
New

Réunion

hey guys I have the same issue and triied the same tricks than described in the first message and tried everything ! At the beginning holding the battery while turning on the camera helped but now nothing even with a new battery . I live in Reunion Island is there any dji support here ?
2019-2-9
Use props
PrunoMars
lvl.2
Australia

I'm back to update what happened with my Osmo that would not power up. I sent the unit to DJI who charged me $145 to replace the entire handle but the error was recorded as a faulty WiFi module. It worked fine the first time I powered it up but then I left the device in the cupboard untouched for 4 months after I purchased the Osmo Pocket.

After listing my Osmo for sale online I had someone come to look at it but they could not get the device to power up again. I tried all 3 of my batteries without any luck and even a couple of batteries the buyer had.

I am now at a point where I have no idea what to do with the device. I can't sell it and I won't be spending any more money sending it back to DJI for repair again. Does anyone have any ideas on how I might be able to recoup some costs on the device, its parts or the accessories? It feels silly to just discard it.
2019-6-9
Use props
jdmediafilmgmail.com
lvl.1

United Kingdom

PrunoMars Posted at 2019-6-9 21:17
I'm back to update what happened with my Osmo that would not power up. I sent the unit to DJI who charged me $145 to replace the entire handle but the error was recorded as a faulty WiFi module. It worked fine the first time I powered it up but then I left the device in the cupboard untouched for 4 months after I purchased the Osmo Pocket.

After listing my Osmo for sale online I had someone come to look at it but they could not get the device to power up again. I tried all 3 of my batteries without any luck and even a couple of batteries the buyer had.

Well have you managed to sort it. I have the same issue. I think it's a faulty connection inside the handle my battery's all charged up but it does not power on the osmo. What a shame no solution but to possibly get a replacement handle.
2020-8-2
Use props
PrunoMars
lvl.2
Australia

jdmediafilmgmail.com Posted at 8-2 12:26
Well have you managed to sort it. I have the same issue. I think it's a faulty connection inside the handle my battery's all charged up but it does not power on the osmo. What a shame no solution but to possibly get a replacement handle.

No, it was never remedied from my end. I ended up selling the whole device for $100 to someone who thought they could fix it (or perhaps they just wanted the camera or parts). I made back a little bit of the money I spent on trying to fix it. I wish you luck getting yours operational again.
2020-8-2
Use props
djiuser_xCfF8qBEnQl8
New

United States

I also have an Osmo that won't power up.  The above doesn't work.  Is there a method to diagnose?  Battery charger is always green. 3 batteries and nothing lights up or moves with any of them.  Could be bad charger, bad batteries, bad Osmo.  How might I rule anything out?
2021-6-2
Use props
PrunoMars
lvl.2
Australia

djiuser_xCfF8qBEnQl8 Posted at 6-2 06:14
I also have an Osmo that won't power up.  The above doesn't work.  Is there a method to diagnose?  Battery charger is always green. 3 batteries and nothing lights up or moves with any of them.  Could be bad charger, bad batteries, bad Osmo.  How might I rule anything out?

All the best with it. I wasted a bit of money on trying to fix mine, but in hindsight, I should have just sold the device for parts (or to someone who wanted it) BEFORE I spent money on trying to fix it. I have since upgraded to the Osmo Pocket and I have not looked back.
2021-6-2
Use props
hhitman
lvl.1
United Kingdom

WOW,

Got here as my DJI OSMO MOBILE 3 stop working, no power, after 2 month with dji care refresh my problem still remains.
Wondering this issue is it frequent with dji products? Design not to last?
2021-8-14
Use props
filmcomposerz
lvl.1
United States

Same problem. My osmo version 1 has been sitting in its case for about a year.. charged up batteries the other day and osmo will not work. Three batteries.  Fully charged. Osmo was in perfect working condition. Powers on but then shuts off indicating low battery. What the hell. It's brand new.  I've used the osmo about 6 times since I bought it back in 2016.
2021-9-6
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules