6597 6 2018-11-8
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Patrick Guerrisi
lvl.4
Flight distance : 62365 ft
Australia

Hey guys

I  have a mavic 2 pro. I dont know why but when I take photos they are very low res

I checked all image files on the SD card, and they are not cached ones. They are the only picture files on the SD card

I might try standard jpg and test, at the moment I was only taking Raw shots, but this shouldnt matter anyway

its strange as the low res raw images are huge in size for low res, 40mb

can anyone help ?

2018-11-8
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

Hi Patrick, thanks for reaching DJI Forum. We do apologize for the troubles you had recently with your Mavic 2 Pro. Have you formatted the SD card before using it to your aircraft? Also, I will be providing the list of SD card supported below. May we also ask for the sample photo that you are having issues with? Thank you.

2018-11-8
Use props
saviour
Second Officer
Flight distance : 604203 ft
Germany

What you are seeing is the preview picture of the DNG. You have to load the DNGs into Lightroom to evolve them and have the real quality image.
2018-11-8
Use props
Patrick Guerrisi
lvl.4
Australia

DJI Gamora Posted at 11-8 02:36
Hi Patrick, thanks for reaching DJI Forum. We do apologize for the troubles you had recently with your Mavic 2 Pro. Have you formatted the SD card before using it to your aircraft? Also, I will be providing the list of SD card supported below. May we also ask for the sample photo that you are having issues with? Thank you.

[view_image]

Hi

Yes I have formatted it and the SD card is a brand new SanDisk Extreme PRO 32GB 64GB 128GB micro SD SDHC SDXC Class 10 UHS-I V30 A1 U3

Here is an attached photo that is on the SD card

i cannot attached the photo due to file size limitations  but here is a onedrive link to download it

2018-11-8
Use props
Patrick Guerrisi
lvl.4
Australia

saviour Posted at 11-8 03:12
What you are seeing is the preview picture of the DNG. You have to load the DNGs into Lightroom to evolve them and have the real quality image.

I thought they may be previews but the full size quality images need to exist somwhere

I take DNG's with my other camera and I can view them on my SD card

What if I dont have lightroom ? How do you view the full size images then?
2018-11-8
Use props
woolfie
lvl.4
Flight distance : 598100 ft
Austria

Raw pics are not to be presented as they are. If you want to preserve full image information for further processing and also show images crude then shoot in raw + jpeg. If you don't want to process the raws then shoot in jpeg format only. There is no advantage to shoot in raw format if you don't want to process the unready pictures.
2018-11-8
Use props
Patrick Guerrisi
lvl.4
Australia

woolfie Posted at 11-8 03:53
Raw pics are not to be presented as they are. If you want to preserve full image information for further processing and also show images crude then shoot in raw + jpeg. If you don't want to process the raws then shoot in jpeg format only. There is no advantage to shoot in raw format if you don't want to process the unready pictures.

Thanks. I do want to post process to colour grade.
Its just this is the first camera device I have experienced where it only shows the preview in a lower quality file untill exported in lightroom
I take raw's with my GoPro and DLSR and they show the full size resolution on the SD card so I was a bit confused
2018-11-8
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules