Maintenance Advice
958 11 2018-11-8
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
4WDaus
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1187257 ft
Australia

my bird is coming up 200 flights now and I remember reading DJI recommend replacing props at this point. My question is what else needs attention at the time, eg gimbal bands or battery etc. would appreciate advice for others on what needs to be looked at about this time please?

Thank you in advance
2018-11-8
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

Hi there, thank you for reaching DJI forum. Kindly check this link https://store.dji.com/guides/properly-maintain-drone/ I hope this will help. Thanks for your support.
2018-11-8
Use props
FatherXmas
First Officer
Flight distance : 4058619 ft
  • >>>
United States

I use Airdata.com. It keeps track of how many times and how far you've flown, how many times your batteries have been charged and a bunch of other stuff. Then they recommend what maintenance steps you should take based on that data.  If you have only one drone, they offer a free account. Then there's several other levels depending on how many drones and how many flights you want to be able to access in the future. Once you reach your plan limits, the oldest flight is archive when you add a new one.
2018-11-8
Use props
A CW
Captain
Flight distance : 13877205 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Clean the connectors, check the screws, dust it - usual things
2018-11-8
Use props
4WDaus
Second Officer
Australia

DJI Paladin Posted at 11-8 05:36
Hi there, thank you for reaching DJI forum. Kindly check this link https://store.dji.com/guides/properly-maintain-drone/ I hope this will help. Thanks for your support.

I had read this, but found it lacking. It seemed more to do with battery temperature and storage than maintenance.  But thank you for the link.
2018-11-8
Use props
4WDaus
Second Officer
Australia

FatherXmas Posted at 11-8 07:15
I use Airdata.com. It keeps track of how many times and how far you've flown, how many times your batteries have been charged and a bunch of other stuff. Then they recommend what maintenance steps you should take based on that data.  If you have only one drone, they offer a free account. Then there's several other levels depending on how many drones and how many flights you want to be able to access in the future. Once you reach your plan limits, the oldest flight is archive when you add a new one.

Looked into that, very helpful thank you, that has a lot of good information.
2018-11-8
Use props
4WDaus
Second Officer
Australia

A CW Posted at 11-8 07:46
Clean the connectors, check the screws, dust it - usual things

Good idea thanks, I guess  checkarms for tightness  and cables for wear also fits that as well.
2018-11-8
Use props
rolling56
First Officer
Flight distance : 138310 ft
United States

ya know really Mavic Pro and other variants you need to just make sure it looks just like new. That is how it is done. No big secret just make sure it looks brand spanking new when you go to flying it. Easy peasy lol If it doesn't look like new then it needs new parts and replace them.
2018-11-8
Use props
A CW
Captain
Flight distance : 13877205 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

4WDaus Posted at 11-8 15:40
Good idea thanks, I guess  checkarms for tightness  and cables for wear also fits that as well.

Yep - the full monty mate
2018-11-8
Use props
MavSpa_user
First Officer
Flight distance : 73209 ft
Netherlands

After 2 years buy a new one
2018-11-9
Use props
4WDaus
Second Officer