Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Disappointing customer service by RYZE
Home / TELLO /
1871 12 2018-11-8
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
turanbuls
lvl.1

Netherlands

Hello all,

I just wanted to share here how disappointed I am with the RYZE customer service. Here is what happened...

In October I bought a Tello drone online and I started enjoying it for a few days. After that I had a small accident where the rails of the drone were a bit bent (see exhibit 1).

This was an accident but nothing really serious. I mean I was able to use it for another month following the accident without any problems (or warnings).

But two weeks ago, I updated the drone using the mobile app and afterwards my drone stopped working giving an error: 203. meaning my Tello has a non-ryze battery (The craft won't start up at all with this error). This was really weird as I have never used any other batter than the original battery...

Anyways, following this I contacted the customer service and they asked me to send the drone which I did and they told me the following:

"
Regarding on the damage assessment, the reason why the motors are not working anymore is because of the error code 203 that means your Tello has a non-ryze battery (The craft won't start up at all with this error). This can happen due to crashed/shocked experienced by your drone and might be due to a corrupt firmware update. The data on the core board is probably damaged. Also, since you have mentioned that your Tello encountered a crash, the impact of it might triggered after the firmware update since the said update also checks if your drone is in good condition.

"
First of all I really dont understand this. Why does the firm update checks if the motors are working also why it recognizes something as not working as it was not working.
So following this I asked them them to downgrade the software as it was working with the earlier version and this was the answer:

"...unfortunately the firmware of your drone does not have a way to be downgraded once you already updated it to its latest version. On behalf of Ryze, we do apologize for the inconvenience that this has caused you.
"

So here what I am asking. I should also give you the benefit of doubt as well. I do understand that RYZE can not check whether this error happened after the update or not. Maybe I am just lying with the whole software update and this is a way of me trying to get a free service. But I mean if this was the case, shouldnt I get a different type error? I really dont understand why the error states that I used a non-ryze battery.

I am curious about what you all think

Cheers
Turan
2018-11-8
Use props
cartek
lvl.2

Slovenia

Nothing new...
2018-11-8
Use props
RYZE
Super Moderator

Hong Kong

Hi Turan, we sincerely apologize for the unpleasant experience. We have tried but failed to get your case number via the forum information, could you tell us your case number? We'd like to check the exact status and try our best to help.
2018-11-8
Use props
turanbuls
lvl.1

Netherlands

it is CAS-2417025-P1H5Z7
2018-11-9
Use props
bni
lvl.2

United States

I was concerned with my first experience as being my first drone. It was DOA and I just used Amazon to get a replacement. It seems as though they don't have the sense of urgency that the consumer does.
2018-11-10
Use props
RYZE
Super Moderator

Hong Kong

turanbuls Posted at 11-9 05:55
it is CAS-2417025-P1H5Z7

Well received, thanks so much! Your case has been escalated to the management for further review, they will double check and contact you during the working time. Appreciate your understanding.
2018-11-11
Use props
turanbuls
lvl.1

Netherlands

Here is an update regarding the escalation. I was contacted by someone from China telling me that I should send an email to specific email address for Netherlands and I need to explain the whole situation yet again. I forwarded them the email exchange I had with Ryze and now they are telling me that they can not find my repair request!!!

This is a nightmare!!!!!
2018-11-14
Use props
jacksonnai
Captain
Malaysia

Hmm just my suggestion, maybe Ryze can add a flight record function to the drone, make a software to record the flight so that there will be a proof or some kind of record for your technical support to check and identified the problem and fix it. As current you guys just listen to what the customer said and the customer are not expert in that, so it will really help a lot for you guys to improve your customer service and make your customer happy. Well I know it is just a $99 toy drone, but it is your product, you guys should be responsible with it and sometime it is the problem/bug/glitch with the drone, not the pilot error, and most of the time just we can't proof it so a flight record will solve it. Maybe you guys can make a software that send the situation of the drone to the app and to a server so that it will be saved for further research, and the record must be open to the user so that they can check it as well, it don't need to be as high-end like the DJI one, as it just wanna to show the drone current situation. I just feel like some of the customer are right it is the problem with the drone, but we just can't proof it, so it is indeed.

Thank you
Jacksonnai
2018-11-15
Use props
turanbuls
lvl.1

United States

Another update!! There has been a back and forth game between RYZE and DJI but essentially the problem has been resolved. They will repair it for free. Thank you all for your ideas and and support
2018-11-16
Use props
RYZE
Super Moderator

Hong Kong

jacksonnai Posted at 11-15 06:28
Hmm just my suggestion, maybe Ryze can add a flight record function to the drone, make a software to record the flight so that there will be a proof or some kind of record for your technical support to check and identified the problem and fix it. As current you guys just listen to what the customer said and the customer are not expert in that, so it will really help a lot for you guys to improve your customer service and make your customer happy. Well I know it is just a $99 toy drone, but it is your product, you guys should be responsible with it and sometime it is the problem/bug/glitch with the drone, not the pilot error, and most of the time just we can't proof it so a flight record will solve it. Maybe you guys can make a software that send the situation of the drone to the app and to a server so that it will be saved for further research, and the record must be open to the user so that they can check it as well, it don't need to be as high-end like the DJI one, as it just wanna to show the drone current situation. I just feel like some of the customer are right it is the problem with the drone, but we just can't proof it, so it is indeed.

Thank you

We haven’t added [[FEATURE]] into it yet. But I think that’s an awesome idea! Thank you so much Jacksonnai. I’ll pitch it to the team and see what they think.
2018-11-16
Use props
RYZE
Super Moderator

Hong Kong

turanbuls Posted at 11-16 00:33
Another update!! There has been a back and forth game between RYZE and DJI but essentially the problem has been resolved. They will repair it for free. Thank you all for your ideas and and support

Glad we could get that problem fixed. Please write back with any future questions you might have. Happy droning!
2018-11-16
Use props
jacksonnai
Captain
Malaysia

turanbuls Posted at 11-16 00:33

Great to know that! Fly safe!
2018-11-16
Use props
jacksonnai
Captain
Malaysia

RYZE Posted at 11-16 17:18
We haven’t added [[FEATURE]] into it yet. But I think that’s an awesome idea! Thank you so much Jacksonnai. I’ll pitch it to the team and see what they think.

Ya hope it will be add soon
2018-11-16
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules