Wifi- says password is incorrect
5316 4 2018-11-8
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Randal
lvl.1
United States

I use an OSMO at work with my personal Iphone so I am not new to it.  I just bought a refirb OSMO from DJI for myself but I can't get it to wifi connect to my my phone.  It says Incorrect Password when I put in 12341234.  I tried the password reset (shutter/trigger/power) and the green light flashes so it should now match 12341234.  But still get error.  I deleted the DJI GO app and reinstalled.. no change. I've tried it in airplane mode.  Internet suggests firmware update but how can I do that if I can't connect it to the phone?  Does it have something to do with my "work" OSMO info being stored in my phone even after I reinstalled the app?
Thanks

2018-11-8
Use props
Randal
lvl.1
United States

Update... I was able to get in ONE TIME after changing "Configure Proxy" to "auto" from "off".  After doing this it let me in with 12341234.  It then suggested I update firmware.  I downloaded it and began the install but by then the battery had dropped too low and told me to change it.  When I powered back up it went right back to Incorrect Password.  I kept messing with it and at one point it joined the OSMO wifi, but kept saying "no internet connection" and gave me the spinning wheel of death.  
2018-11-8
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

Randal Posted at 11-8 08:50
Update... I was able to get in ONE TIME after changing "Configure Proxy" to "auto" from "off".  After doing this it let me in with 12341234.  It then suggested I update firmware.  I downloaded it and began the install but by then the battery had dropped too low and told me to change it.  When I powered back up it went right back to Incorrect Password.  I kept messing with it and at one point it joined the OSMO wifi, but kept saying "no internet connection" and gave me the spinning wheel of death.

Hi, sorry for the troubles that it caused. The Osmo does not provide an internet source that is why your mobile device might detect it as "no internet connection", however, you could still connect to it via wi-fi. You can update the Osmo using the SD card, kindly ensure that the battery is higher than 50% level so that the firmware upgrade will not be interrupted. Please refer to our video tutorial below. Thank you for the support.

2018-11-8
Use props
Randal
lvl.1
United States

Randal Posted at 11-8 08:50
Update... I was able to get in ONE TIME after changing "Configure Proxy" to "auto" from "off".  After doing this it let me in with 12341234.  It then suggested I update firmware.  I downloaded it and began the install but by then the battery had dropped too low and told me to change it.  When I powered back up it went right back to Incorrect Password.  I kept messing with it and at one point it joined the OSMO wifi, but kept saying "no internet connection" and gave me the spinning wheel of death.

I'll update this in case others have the same issue.  I WAS able to get past the password error... but only through trial and error.  I just kept going through the process of turning the app off, turning my phone's wifi off and then back on, opening the app and trying the password.  Doing all this while in Airplane Mode finally let me in and connected osmo to the phone.  By that time the battery power was too low to allow update, was forced to change battery... powered back up and was right back to Password Error again!  With a fresh battery and 10 more min of repeating the process it Finally accepted the password and let me update the firmware.  Seems to work fine now.  Whew!  Perhaps there is a specific sequence to this and I just coincidentally hit it... or maybe all my fooling around with it just finally got lucky.  Either way, that was my experience.  Good luck if you are having password error issues.   
2018-11-9
Use props
Stephen Press
lvl.1

New Zealand

I have tried to connect to wifi with 2 phones A Samsung galaxy A10 and an iPhone 6. They see the osmo pocket 2 but keep coming up with incorrect password message.
2020-11-9
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules