Belgium

Tip: The post by the administrator or moderators shield
2018-11-8
Use props
xagoras
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1357589 ft
Greece

Have you tried to calibrate the RC control sticks?
2018-11-8
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

Hi, sorry for the troubles that it caused. I would recommend calibrating the RC of your Mavic 2 Pro to see if the joysticks are working properly. Please ensure that the aircraft is turned off during the RC calibration. Kindly keep us posted on the latest progress for further help. Thank you for the support.
2018-11-8
Use props
DeuceDriv3r
Second Officer
Flight distance : 4698533 ft
United States

DJI Tony Posted at 11-8 09:49
Hi, sorry for the troubles that it caused. I would recommend calibrating the RC of your Mavic 2 Pro to see if the joysticks are working properly. Please ensure that the aircraft is turned off during the RC calibration. Kindly keep us posted on the latest progress for further help. Thank you for the support.

this is not limited to the mavic 2

I have a mavic pro that came a couple weeks ago with 2017 firmware ..somehere in the .03.700 range..

flew 3-4 flights.. great.. everything is good.. upgraded to .04.0100 and it too now flys with noticeable drift to the right..

IMU bias as a bit higher on 1 than 2 so I did a cold IMU calibration on a dead leveled surface... now biases are .000 - .001 on startup..

calibrated compass

calibrated sticks

no change... flies the same... poorly

also after flying for 5 minutes.. the aircraft now returns home facing several degrees right from where it thinks its pointing..

and it has yaw issues.. just like everyone else here.. rotation and stop, picture continues to yaw.. sometimes the airframe will as well.. spin it 360.. come off the sticks.. and it will yaw on its own..

I think its high time we start getting straight answers from DJI on these issues..

compass/yaw complaints are common across mavic/spark all models ...
2018-11-8
Use props
DRONE-flies-YOU!
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1450594 ft
United States

DeuceDriv3r Posted at 11-8 10:24
this is not limited to the mavic 2

I have a mavic pro that came a couple weeks ago with 2017 firmware ..somehere in the .03.700 range..

Yep, upon selling my Mavic Pro, it was still doing the yaw drift with no stick deflection. This is after a couple Mavic Pros & nearly 2 years.

I’m happy to say my Mavic 2 Pro does NOT do this. It also maintains a level horizon on lateral movement. So just FYI good news if you go to the Mavic 2.

When it was brand new, I had weird little inaccuracies. Then I CORRECTLY calibrated the IMU, compass, cameras, R/C and it flies great. I’ve only had to retune the IMU 1 more time for some reason, but that was over a month ago now.
2018-11-8
Use props
DeuceDriv3r
Second Officer
United States

DRONE-flies-YOU! Posted at 11-8 11:15
Yep, upon selling my Mavic Pro, it was still doing the yaw drift with no stick deflection. This is after a couple Mavic Pros & nearly 2 years.

I’m happy to say my Mavic 2 Pro does NOT do this. It also maintains a level horizon on lateral movement. So just FYI good news if you go to the Mavic 2.

well the OP has a mavic 2 and there are no ends of posts with folks and the new 2 pros having all kinds of issues.. glad yours is doing well but this seems like a firmware update issue...

seems like most don't do it UNTIL the firmware is updated... very strange ...
2018-11-8
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
Flight distance : 9827923 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

DeuceDriv3r Posted at 11-8 11:22
well the OP has a mavic 2 and there are no ends of posts with folks and the new 2 pros having all kinds of issues.. glad yours is doing well but this seems like a firmware update issue...

seems like most don't do it UNTIL the firmware is updated... very strange ...

Seriously where are you coming up with this statement, just look at the top 20 threads on M2pro section there are two with aircraft problems and this is one.
Edit: I got that wrong there’s only one and this is it,
2018-11-8
Use props
DeuceDriv3r
Second Officer
United States

hallmark007 Posted at 11-8 11:35
Seriously where are you coming up with this statement, just look at the top 20 threads on M2pro section there are two with aircraft problems and this is one.
Edit: I got that wrong there’s only one and this is it,

all kinds of issues..

includes but not limited to..

firmware updates not completing..

firmware updates bricking aircraft

hasselblad cameras with lens distortion

etc .. etc.. etc..
go over to a real site with people more interested in operations and answers instead of posting the latest drone video of thier dog and its page after page of issues..

https://mavicpilots.com/forums/mavic-2-help.72/

thats just to 2 pro models .. go out to the main page... and its quite evident that the mavic and spark lines are chock full of issues...

2018-11-8
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Ireland

DeuceDriv3r Posted at 11-8 11:41
all kinds of issues..

includes but not limited to..

I am a member of Mavic pilots and it’s the same over there, I think you will also find that there have been little or no problems with last FW update.

You wrote there is no end to problems with M2, that’s just not true, and just to let you know that on the Mavic Pro forum there are two threads with aircraft problems and one of them is yours, if your going to put up such statements then get it correct.
2018-11-8
Use props
DeuceDriv3r
Second Officer
United States

hallmark007 Posted at 11-8 11:55
I am a member of Mavic pilots and it’s the same over there, I think you will also find that there have been little or no problems with last FW update.

You wrote there is no end to problems with M2, that’s just not true, and just to let you know that on the Mavic Pro forum there are two threads with aircraft problems and one of them is yours, if your going to put up such statements then get it correct.

I can't personally speak to the M2P ..dont have one but people are still reporting the same issues here

the M2P and Mavic air were updated in Oct and Sept 30th respectfully

the mavic pro last update was Sept 03 and the spark not since 7/19 .. so IF they did find  a fix in the late september time frame it has NOT made it to these 2 airframes yet..

and I can definitively say that both these platforms have flight issues still present.. just because yours (in your opinion) are flying fine does not mean everything is great for everyone.. thats is pretty conceited on your part...
2018-11-8
Use props
DeuceDriv3r
Second Officer
United States

hallmark007 Posted at 11-8 11:55

You wrote there is no end to problems with M2, that’s just not true, and just to let you know that on the Mavic Pro forum there are two threads with aircraft problems and one of them is yours, if your going to put up such statements then get it correct.

I just had a look again at the M2P firmware release announcement thread.. from 3 weeks ago.. it is up to 12 pages and most are not exactly glowing...

this forum is also not terribly active with people.. and again suspect that there are far more people having issues that don't even know they are having issues combined with the fact that they are not even signed in or using this forum..

2018-11-8
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Ireland

DeuceDriv3r Posted at 11-8 12:12
I can't personally speak to the M2P ..dont have one but people are still reporting the same issues here

the M2P and Mavic air were updated in Oct and Sept 30th respectfully

I think you mean a few are having problems, but that is true since dji first released P1, and that will probably always be the way.
But if you go to a Cannon Nikon Panasonic Sony forum you will find the same thing with both technical problems and FW problems.
The only one thing we know about FW updates is there always have been problems for some but FW is designed to improve products and it usually does for most and that seems to be the way for most.

All I can tell you regarding Mavic Pro, last FW has really improved this craft, I know there were some problems with SW and loosing video feed, but I haven’t seen many complaining about that For a while.
I realize some people have problems, not sure how they get sorted, but I don’t think we will see another FW update for MP anytime soon or if we will ever see another FW update, we may see update on the back of some M2 update.
2018-11-8
Use props
DeuceDriv3r
Second Officer
United States

hallmark007 Posted at 11-8 12:24
I think you mean a few are having problems, but that is true since dji first released P1, and that will probably always be the way.
But if you go to a Cannon Nikon Panasonic Sony forum you will find the same thing with both technical problems and FW problems.
The only one thing we know about FW updates is there always have been problems for some but FW is designed to improve products and it usually does for most and that seems to be the way for most.

it has also been suggested that just like other top tier industry leading companies in the very recent past that got caught 'obsoleting' their hardware by hobling performance with firmware.. that DJI might be doing the same to drum up more business

see more and more people 'upgrading' their original mavics and sparks to mavic 2 and air .. but personally I don't think that is the case as the major complaints of compass and yaw performance in instability were being reported across the board pointing to a foulup in the firmware somewhere in the last 6-8 months...

for some they have gotten their craft through it.. for others problems persist..

just read a thread where DJI is thinking that on the older birds at least, the processor may not be fast enough to make the calculations after some additional modules / features were added to firmware but to me it smacks more of a change in the algorithms.. Quaternion and euler angle algos an the complimentary and kalman filtering algos are immensely complex and the wrong tweek can jack stuff up in a hurry and be hard to go back and find...

2018-11-8
Use props
nnote
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1358048 ft
United States

Just adding, to try to squeak more....
This is happening on the Mavic Pro also
No mater what move you make, when you let go of the stick the drone slides to the right, and in backward and forwards, depending on speed it moves more to the right
2018-11-8
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Ireland

I think as xagoras has said try Stick calibration.
2018-11-8
Use props
Boffin
Second Officer
Australia

Are you wearing anything magnetic, such as an Apple watch? (as this can mess with the controller stick bias)
The controller uses 'Hall Effect' control sticks, these operate using magnetic field sensing.
2018-11-8
Use props
ff22
Second Officer
United States

DJI Tony Posted at 11-8 09:49
Hi, sorry for the troubles that it caused. I would recommend calibrating the RC of your Mavic 2 Pro to see if the joysticks are working properly. Please ensure that the aircraft is turned off during the RC calibration. Kindly keep us posted on the latest progress for further help. Thank you for the support.

I decided to give this a try since I find my Mavic 2 Zoom drifting off to the right.  But each time I hit the DONE button, the process restarted, asking me to move all of the sticks and the wheels repeatedly.  
2018-11-8
Use props
fans5a4fa545
lvl.1
Flight distance : 32923 ft
Belgium

Hi all,

Thanks for your feedback.

I calibrated the RC, it's much better but the drone is still drifting right when I fly left and then release the controller. Also when I land it doesn't land straight it land down & right.

Still testing under no wind condition. I'm not wearing any electronic device while flying.

Any other thing to try?

Thanks for your help. Greatly appreciated.
2018-11-9
Use props
DeuceDriv3r
Second Officer
United States

hallmark007 Posted at 11-8 13:17
I think as xagoras has said try Stick calibration.

and just like many people have said..

CALIBRATING EVERYTHING OVER AND OVER CHANGES NOTHING
2018-11-9
Use props
DeuceDriv3r
Second Officer
United States

DeuceDriv3r Posted at 11-9 04:56

If I take off... fly 200 feet away and RTH ..

the mavic pro in GENERAL will RTH and rotate and land facing the direction it took off..

take off from the same spot and fly a mission of even 5000 ft... with several turns.. come back.. and it will land cocked off 14 degrees pointing right

do a smart t/o even the first of the day... it will rise up 3 feet.. and if you watch the very edge of the screen or have your center target overlaid.. you can watch it rotate for several seconds.. imperceptibly slowly but it rotates..

over at mavicpilots.. a guy has csvviewed MANY different peoples files that are having this issue and it always comes to the same thing yaw vs magyaw deviation

he believes that the rates at which the flight control software updates the yaw values has been over damped and these values are always trying to play catch-up .. and if they deviate too far apart, the FC goes into atti mode and reboots...

plain and simple...
2018-11-9
Use props
Hallmark 007
lvl.4
Flight distance : 4033665 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

fans5a4fa545 Posted at 11-9 00:33
Hi all,

If after all calibrations, it’s still the same, I would recommend you contact a mod here, dji Mindy or dji Susan upload your log and ask them to get engineers to take a look at them, failing that you have to send it in to get fixed.
2018-11-9
Use props
El Diablo
Second Officer

Germany

Tip: the author has been banned or deleted automatically shield
2018-11-9
Use props
El Diablo
Second Officer

Germany

Tip: the author has been banned or deleted automatically shield
2018-11-9
Use props
DeuceDriv3r
Second Officer
United States

El Diablo Posted at 11-9 05:24
Why are you so vocal if you don't own the bird, too much free time?

because this is not just an issue with the M2P but the mavic pro/air/PP and spark lines and DJI keeps ignoring the elephant in the room...
2018-11-9
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Ireland

DeuceDriv3r Posted at 11-9 04:56

Again I’ll ask you to stop trolling me, everyone here knows who you are, and as someone else has said you don’t own a M2 , create hysteria somewhere else.
2018-11-9
Use props
DeuceDriv3r
Second Officer
United States

hallmark007 Posted at 11-9 06:36
Again I’ll ask you to stop trolling me, everyone here knows who you are, and as someone else has said you don’t own a M2 , create hysteria somewhere else.

I have already said.. that I don't own a Mavic 2 .. so wow shocker thanks for the great insight..

I own a Mavic pro genius... and 2 sparks of which now one has been returned for refund.

The only way you could know EXACTLY who I am is if you work for DJI...

otherwise you don't know squat...
2018-11-9
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Ireland

DeuceDriv3r Posted at 11-9 06:38
I have already said.. that I don't own a Mavic 2 .. so wow shocker thanks for the great insight..

I own a Mavic pro genius... and 2 sparks of which now one has been returned for refund.

Everybody knows who you are , your a bit like a book.
2018-11-9
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Ireland

DeuceDriv3r Posted at 11-9 06:38

I own a Mavic pro genius... and 2 sparks of which now one has been returned for refund.

For someone with so many problems with your Mavic Pro , why not air your problems over there , instead of trying to create more hysteria on the MavAir and M2 forums,
2018-11-9
Use props
DeuceDriv3r
Second Officer
United States

hallmark007 Posted at 11-9 06:46
For someone with so many problems with your Mavic Pro , why not air your problems over there , instead of trying to create more hysteria on the MavAir and M2 forums,

hey genius... there is no separate forum for the Mavic Pro ... the ENTIRE mavic lineup .. all 4 models are in the same forum...
sorry 5 models..

pro / 2  zoom / 2 pro / 2 enterprise / air
2018-11-9
Use props
DanielVieira
Second Officer
Flight distance : 4633533 ft
  • >>>
Portugal

You are wrong, this thread is on the Mavic 2 Pro sub-forum
2018-11-9
Use props
DeuceDriv3r
Second Officer
United States

DanielVieira Posted at 11-9 06:51
You are wrong, this thread is on the Mavic 2 Pro sub-forum

well very well may be a sub forum but it still shows up in the main forum...

and be that as it may.. these issues are being reported across models..

if the point of information sharing is to enable fixes.. than someone that is interested in seeing improvement in the products should not care..

the only people around here that have a problem with dirty laundry being aired are the people trying to sell said dirty laundry..
2018-11-9
Use props
DanielVieira
Second Officer
Flight distance : 4633533 ft
  • >>>
Portugal

Well i have now a Mavic 2 Pro and dont have any problem....my previous was a Mavic Air no problems reported, super stable quad!
2018-11-9
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Ireland

DeuceDriv3r Posted at 11-9 06:48
hey genius... there is no separate forum for the Mavic Pro ... the ENTIRE mavic lineup .. all 4 models are in the same forum...
sorry 5 models..

OP is looking for help not your usual hindering, why don’t you go to MavicPro forum and air your problems there , it seems you spend all your time on the forums that have nothing to do with you, so if you can’t try to help the OP go somewhere else .
2018-11-9
Use props
DeuceDriv3r
Second Officer
United States

hallmark007 Posted at 11-9 07:01
OP is looking for help not your usual hindering, why don’t you go to MavicPro forum and air your problems there , it seems you spend all your time on the forums that have nothing to do with you, so if you can’t try to help the OP go somewhere else .

well that is your opinion...

but I am fairly certain that my input is more constructive than your all too typical everything is great and you, the pilot,  are a screwup line
2018-11-9
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Ireland

One thing hasn’t been mentioned, at what height are you testing ? If your testing within VPs height the ground beneath you should have good textured surface for VPS to lock on to, if this is the case I would try testing outside VPS height like 50ft. Just a thought .
2018-11-9
Use props
DeuceDriv3r
Second Officer
United States

hallmark007 Posted at 11-9 07:33
One thing hasn’t been mentioned, at what height are you testing ? If your testing within VPs height the ground beneath you should have good textured surface for VPS to lock on to, if this is the case I would try testing outside VPS height like 50ft. Just a thought .

point taken .. however...

after a flight .. at altitude .. of any consequence and having multiple turns.. when it comes back (navigating via RTH allows one to SEE what the flight controller THINKS is going on from a heading perspective since its supposed to point at the RTH point on the way back AND turn to FACE ITS Take Off heading on the way down..

with the flights done at 300 feet same deal... by the time its been in the air a couple minutes.. the FC heading is not accurate, its off by several degrees.. and each of my 3 aircraft are off by varying amounts... with one spark (the one I returned) that would RTH looking down the left motor arm.. came back at 45 degrees off heading.. and would land that way too... again .. after a full flight...

short flights not as noticeable other than the yaw instability right from takeoff, some lateral drift when driving in straight lines ..etc..
2018-11-9
Use props
Aardvark
First Officer
Flight distance : 384432 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

DeuceDriv3r Posted at 11-9 08:00
point taken .. however...

after a flight .. at altitude .. of any consequence and having multiple turns.. when it comes back (navigating via RTH allows one to SEE what the flight controller THINKS is going on from a heading perspective since its supposed to point at the RTH point on the way back AND turn to FACE ITS Take Off heading on the way down..

Could the orientation on RTH be tied into wind direction, or its affect on the aircraft or gimbal ?

Presumably if you've got precision landing activated in DJI Go 4, and that it's landing more or less where it takes off ?
2018-11-9
Use props
DeuceDriv3r
Second Officer
United States

Aardvark Posted at 11-9 08:46
Could the orientation on RTH be tied into wind direction, or its affect on the aircraft or gimbal ?

Presumably if you've got precision landing activated in DJI Go 4, and that it's landing more or less where it takes off ?

not supposed to be...

the drone is supposed to tilt into the course correction not correct with yaw.. keeping the forward collision avoidance sensors pointing forward ..

additionally.. flying on near windless days produce similar results as days with 20mph winds or days with changing gusty winds.. and the drift is always in the same direction reference the drone.. not downwind.. i.e. .. on one drone it will drift right regardless if the wind is from left or right.. etc
2018-11-9
Use props
xagoras
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1357589 ft
Greece

fans5a4fa545 Posted at 11-9 00:33
Hi all,

Maybe it's a far fetched scenario, but have you tried to change the props placement. I mean move the right ones to the left side and vice versa? Might be a defective prop issue that causes the drift.
2018-11-9
Use props
DeuceDriv3r
Second Officer
United States

xagoras Posted at 11-9 14:56
Maybe it's a far fetched scenario, but have you tried to change the props placement. I mean move the right ones to the left side and vice versa? Might be a defective prop issue that causes the drift.

put a new set on .. all 4 .. same deal .. same drift .. same direction ...
2018-11-9
Use props
12Next >
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules