Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
#Autumn# in Icelandic Highlands
3805 21 2018-11-8
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Eaglewood Films
lvl.4
Flight distance : 5738255 ft
  • >>>
Latvia

There is no classic autumn in Iceland, since pretty much all summer can feel like autumn elsewhere in the world, but there is a short time in September when the high-season is over, but the winter is not there yet. So we used the opportunity and went exploring the Highlands of Iceland. I will return next year for whole 3 months to explore even deeper into the backcountry and will offer a chance to join me on small (3-4 people) pop-up 4x4 tours. Contact me for more details (look for my email on www.eaglewoodfilms.com)

All aerials shot on Mavic 2 Pro.
Subscribe: https://www.youtube.com/eaglewoodfilms | https://vimeo.com/ab | Facebook | Instagram Photo | Instagram Video

Some stills from the trip (more on Instagram):

This post contains more resources

You need to Login Before they can download or view these resources, Don’t have an account?Register now

x
2018-11-8
Use props
DJI Panda
Administrator
Flight distance : 405039 ft
  • >>>
Hong Kong

Stunning! Each footage are amazing!! Very high quality work. Thanks for sharing! It's really beautiful.
2018-11-8
Use props
jacksonnai
Captain
Malaysia

WOW amazing! Great entry!
2018-11-8
Use props
jacksonnai
Captain
Malaysia

Congrats mate, now your post was on the first page!
2018-11-8
Use props
Eaglewood Films
lvl.4
  • >>>
Latvia

Thank you all! All those early mornings are worth it.
2018-11-8
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
Flight distance : 2560453 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

Most beautiful video!
2018-11-8
Use props
A CW
Captain
Flight distance : 13838848 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Beautiful location
2018-11-8
Use props
mxklt
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1387283 ft
Germany

Awesome!

look at my post: https://forum.dji.com/forum.php? ... D545%26typeid%3D545
2018-11-8
Use props
HendrikJB
lvl.4
Flight distance : 2132792 ft
South Africa

Wow, Wow and Wow!!!  Did you maybe make a GPS or Google Earth track of this tour?
2018-11-8
Use props
Eaglewood Films
lvl.4
  • >>>
Latvia

HendrikJB Posted at 11-8 23:50
Wow, Wow and Wow!!!  Did you maybe make a GPS or Google Earth track of this tour?

No, I didn't and encourage other people not to as well, because the very reason Iceland is overrun by tourists is that the most iconic locations have been overshared on social media to the extent that its not enjoyable to visit those locations anymore. I have been in Iceland more than 10 years ago and a have some experience to compare to. I encourage exploration into the unknown and if that's not someone is into, there are always private tours like mine to take you places.
2018-11-9
Use props
HendrikJB
lvl.4
South Africa

Eaglewood Films Posted at 11-9 00:01
No, I didn't and encourage other people not to as well, because the very reason Iceland is overrun by tourists is that the most iconic locations have been overshared on social media to the extent that its not enjoyable to visit those locations anymore. I have been in Iceland more than 10 years ago and a have some experience to compare to. I encourage exploration into the unknown and if that's not someone is into, there are always private tours like mine to take you places.

In a sense I fully agree with you about unique places being overrun by tourists. In my country we call them "terrorists" because they come by the busload full and just push everyone out of the way.  It happened to me once when a busload full of Eastern Ethnics just stormed out of their bus (which was overfilled anyway) and have a complete disregard for the customs of waiting your turn.
2018-11-9
Use props
Eaglewood Films
lvl.4
  • >>>
Latvia

HendrikJB Posted at 11-9 01:05
In a sense I fully agree with you about unique places being overrun by tourists. In my country we call them "terrorists" because they come by the busload full and just push everyone out of the way.  It happened to me once when a busload full of Eastern Ethnics just stormed out of their bus (which was overfilled anyway) and have a complete disregard for the customs of waiting your turn.

The same is happening in Southern Iceland to the extent that locals and government doesn’t know what to do with the masses. And social media is partly to blame. I personally have zero interest going places I’ve seen a million times on Instagram. On this trip we found places where we could be completely alone or at least with no tourist bus in sight and I ought to keep them that way as long as possible. That does however mean that I get an “enemy” or two when I decline to not disclose a specific location, but I still hope people would understand (and hopefully join my tours).
2018-11-9
Use props
HendrikJB
lvl.4
South Africa

Eaglewood Films Posted at 11-9 01:24
The same is happening in Southern Iceland to the extent that locals and government doesn’t know what to do with the masses. And social media is partly to blame. I personally have zero interest going places I’ve seen a million times on Instagram. On this trip we found places where we could be completely alone or at least with no tourist bus in sight and I ought to keep them that way as long as possible. That does however mean that I get an “enemy” or two when I decline to not disclose a specific location, but I still hope people would understand (and hopefully join my tours).

Thank you for your quick reply.  We actually agree.
I usually prefer to go to places that few others have ever been and will m ost likely never go
2018-11-9
Use props
Elettrone78
lvl.4
Flight distance : 2840512 ft
  • >>>
Italy

Perfect exposure, great color, simple yet perfect manouvers, astounding visual make for an awesome result.
Congrats.
2018-11-9
Use props
Eaglewood Films
lvl.4
  • >>>
Latvia

Elettrone78 Posted at 11-9 04:15
Perfect exposure, great color, simple yet perfect manouvers, astounding visual make for an awesome result.
Congrats.

Thank you!
2018-11-9
Use props
karazinsky
lvl.2
Latvia

OMG! This is something!
2018-11-10
Use props
jacksonnai
Captain
Malaysia

Stunning shots
2018-11-10
Use props
Sayhelloforme
lvl.4
Flight distance : 8133219 ft
United States

Very beautiful captures.
2018-11-10
Use props
Sayhelloforme
lvl.4
Flight distance : 8133219 ft
United States

Very beautiful captures.
2018-11-10
Use props
Hartyaj
lvl.4
Flight distance : 49478 ft

Australia

WOW how amazing, what a great shoot.
2018-11-11
Use props
superdodoz
lvl.4
Flight distance : 118422 ft
United States

WOW. Great job on this one.
2018-11-12
Use props
smirnoff9969
lvl.4
Flight distance : 582776 ft
Croatia

it looks like scenery from an alien world...
2018-11-13
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules