Firmware updates
1101 4 2018-11-8
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Renna
lvl.2
Flight distance : 307395 ft
United States

I had a question regarding firmware updates that I hope someone could answer intelligently.
When you buy a Google product they provide you with updates for two years. After that you're on your own.
Is there such a thing with DJI or drone technology, that the manufacturer is only responsible for providing you with x amount of firmware updates.
2018-11-8
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello. Good day and thank you for the inquiry. DJI will continue to provide updated firmaware on a specific drone as long as the drone is still being used our consumers and if our R&D team will add some functions on the said drone. To make the drone as user friendly as possible. All you need to do is to visit the official DJI website at www.dji.com for the lates news and updates. Thank you for your support.
2018-11-8
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
Flight distance : 9827923 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

There is nothing written regarding FW updates for any period of time, all I can tell you is I own an Osmo FW updates for over two years, Mavic Pro FW updates up to two years and Phantom 4 Pro FW updates up to two years, any products I’ve owned have had FW updates for over two years, but as I said there is no contract pertaining to this.
2018-11-8
Use props
A CW
Captain
Flight distance : 13877205 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

You will tend to find that the product will continue to be serviced via FW updates even after the product itself is discontinued. That said, I have an Inspire 1 V2 and FW on that series of drones ended in July 2017 but you can still them brand new from DJI. On the flip side, the original Phantom 4 was released in March 2016 and discontinued in January 2017 but FW continues (I believe). There is no definitive end date to FW updates on DJI drones - though it is typically years.
2018-11-8
Use props
Renna
lvl.2
Flight distance : 307395 ft
United States

Thanks.  It was just a thought that popped in my head as I was reading through a spec sheet and was wondering if some thing needed to be written in as part the the purchasing contact for the more expensive than normal drones.
Thanks again
2018-11-9
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules