12589 31 2018-11-8
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Lucas775
First Officer
Flight distance : 50642090 ft
  • >>>
United States

Is there an advantage using  DJI Pilot app over DJI go 4 app?

2018-11-8
Use props
A CW
Captain
Flight distance : 13877205 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

I believe the pilot app was the prerequisite to the original Go app and was introduced specifically to be used with the Inspire 1 V1 when that was released at the end of 2014 into 2015. I've never used the pilot app as the GO app succeeded it - would be good to know the difference between them. I presume it has less features.
2018-11-9
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

Hi Lucas, thanks for reaching DJI Forum. We do appreciate bringing this query to us. The DJI Pilot app builds on top of the controls in the DJI GO 4 app with the ability to swap between the feeds from 3 payloads (2 from the dual gimbal setup and the FPV camera) and the ability to plan and automate complex flights with the same technology found in the DJI GS Pro app. DJI Pilot for iOS only supports the Mavic 2 Enterprise and does not support any other models. Hope this helps. Thank you.
2018-11-9
Use props
A CW
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

DJI Gamora Posted at 11-9 00:59
Hi Lucas, thanks for reaching DJI Forum. We do appreciate bringing this query to us. The DJI Pilot app builds on top of the controls in the DJI GO 4 app with the ability to swap between the feeds from 3 payloads (2 from the dual gimbal setup and the FPV camera) and the ability to plan and automate complex flights with the same technology found in the DJI GS Pro app. DJI Pilot for iOS only supports the Mavic 2 Enterprise and does not support any other models. Hope this helps. Thank you.

Ah - so it's been updated for the M2E - interesting to know. Thanks.
2018-11-9
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

A CW Posted at 11-9 01:03
Ah - so it's been updated for the M2E - interesting to know. Thanks.

No worries A CW. Cheers!
2018-11-9
Use props
A CW
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

DJI Gamora Posted at 11-9 01:04
No worries A CW. Cheers!

Cool - the M2E does look like a great package but clearly designed for industrial use.
2018-11-9
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

A CW Posted at 11-9 01:07
Cool - the M2E does look like a great package but clearly designed for industrial use.

Yes, like we've said and claimed in our website " Built to Empower. Destined to Serve". Thank you for your continued support A CW.

2018-11-9
Use props
A CW
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

DJI Gamora Posted at 11-9 01:18
Yes, like we've said and claimed in our website " Built to Empower. Destined to Serve". Thank you for your continued support A CW.

You're welcome Gamora and thanks again.
2018-11-9
Use props
G_Sig
First Officer
Flight distance : 9109311 ft
Iceland

Hi Lucas, thanks for reaching DJI Forum. We do appreciate bringing this query to us. The DJI Pilot app builds on top of the controls in the DJI GO 4 app with the ability to swap between the feeds from 3 payloads (2 from the dual gimbal setup and the FPV camera) and the ability to plan and automate complex flights with the same technology found in the DJI GS Pro app. DJI Pilot for iOS only supports the Mavic 2 Enterprise and does not support any other models. Hope this helps. Thank you.

What Drones are supported on Android? Set it up on my old Samsung J5 and it looks like it works with
Mavic Pro. Have not flown it yet but all info looks normal.
Do it need much less processor power than Dji Go 4.
2018-11-9
Use props
Lucas775
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

Thank you for clarifying this Gamora.
2018-11-9
Use props
DeuceDriv3r
Second Officer
Flight distance : 4698533 ft
United States

G_Sig Posted at 11-9 02:32
What Drones are supported on Android? Set it up on my old Samsung J5 and it looks like it works with
Mavic Pro. Have not flown it yet but all info looks normal.
Do it need much less processor power than Dji Go 4.

won't work with mavic pro on iOS.. tried it already...
2018-11-9
Use props
trica de
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1062090 ft
  • >>>
Germany

I thought "plan and automate complex flights " should be also available for the Mavic 2 in general and not ONLY the Enterprise. Or am I'm wrong here ?
2018-11-9
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

trica de Posted at 11-9 05:31
I thought "plan and automate complex flights " should be also available for the Mavic 2 in general and not ONLY the Enterprise. Or am I'm wrong here ?

Hi, as of the time being is only updated to Mavic Enterprise. Should there be any updates, this will be cascaded in our website and other social media platforms. Thank you.
2018-11-9
Use props
G_Sig
First Officer
Iceland

DeuceDriv3r Posted at 11-9 04:46
won't work with mavic pro on iOS.. tried it already...

Works with Mavic Pro on Android.

2018-11-9
Use props
G_Sig
First Officer
Iceland

G_Sig Posted at 11-9 06:22
Works with Mavic Pro on Android.[view_image]
[view_image]

2018-11-9
Use props
DeuceDriv3r
Second Officer
Flight distance : 4698533 ft
United States

G_Sig Posted at 11-9 06:22
Works with Mavic Pro on Android.[view_image]
[view_image]

you are the second that has said that ...

but for iOS i can connect the iPhone to the controller and power up the controller and get into camera view.. it connects and  I can see settings etc until I power on the mavic pro.. then it goes to a grey screen and says incompatible model...

might be a dji oversight or more likely its a bug that has been locked down now since dji officially have always said its not for the mavic line other than enterprise
2018-11-9
Use props
G_Sig
First Officer
Iceland

DeuceDriv3r Posted at 11-9 06:26

but for iOS i can connect the iPhone to the controller and power up the controller and get into camera view.. it connects and  I can see settings etc until I power on the mavic pro.. then it goes to a grey screen and says incompatible model...

It don't work on all Android devices. Don't work on my main flying pad (Acer B3-A10).
Then the same happen as on yours, just grey screen.
2018-11-9
Use props
rwynant V1
Second Officer
Flight distance : 4842277 ft
  • >>>
United States

DJI Gamora Posted at 11-9 01:04
No worries A CW. Cheers!

A CW..... SEE

I told you, they have your number!!!

When we gonna see your Flight report???  

Randy
2018-11-9
Use props
djiuser_j4jzE8p36HLR
lvl.1
Flight distance : 28888 ft
South Africa

DJI Gamora Posted at 2018-11-9 00:59
Hi Lucas, thanks for reaching DJI Forum. We do appreciate bringing this query to us. The DJI Pilot app builds on top of the controls in the DJI GO 4 app with the ability to swap between the feeds from 3 payloads (2 from the dual gimbal setup and the FPV camera) and the ability to plan and automate complex flights with the same technology found in the DJI GS Pro app. DJI Pilot for iOS only supports the Mavic 2 Enterprise and does not support any other models. Hope this helps. Thank you.

First confirm with DJI if you can use your particular drone with DJI Pilot. I lost my Spark while using it and they refuse to open a case, even to see whether there was a problem by studying the DJI GO 4 information.

The Pilot app does not tell you which drones are compatible with it, nor will your drone warn you not to use it.

DJI have told me it's a third party app, it's not compatible with Spark and also that they can't open a case because they can't get the data from Pilot, even though I sent them the Pilot flight data via Google Drive.

DJI WILL find all sorts of excuses not to open a case if you use the Pilot app.
2019-1-5
Use props
Lucas775
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

djiuser_j4jzE8p36HLR Posted at 1-5 13:42
First confirm with DJI if you can use your particular drone with DJI Pilot. I lost my Spark while using it and they refuse to open a case, even to see whether there was a problem by studying the DJI GO 4 information.

The Pilot app does not tell you which drones are compatible with it, nor will your drone warn you not to use it.

Good to know, thank you for the information.
2019-1-5
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

djiuser_j4jzE8p36HLR Posted at 1-5 13:42

Hi there, thank you for reaching out, with regards to your concern DJI Pilot is a DJI App and for Enterprise DJI Drone meaning we don't recommend to use that with the consumer drone. However, will send you some PM about the concern about the flight logs.
2019-1-5
Use props
Fish to Fiber
lvl.1

United States

DJI - Please update the DJI Pilot app so that automated Photogrammetry missions can be flown with the Mavic 2 Enterprise.
2019-2-1
Use props
fansc2d56edc
lvl.1

United States

Any plans for other models under the ios platform?
2019-5-25
Use props
djiuser_OJC4PLw41VbK
New
Flight distance : 13791562 ft

Brazil

how to adjust the brake on the pilot ?, mavic enterprise
2019-8-11
Use props
djiuser_OJC4PLw41VbK
New
Flight distance : 13791562 ft

Brazil

how to adjust the brake on the pilot ?, mavic enterprise
2019-8-11
Use props
jcarlos68
lvl.2
Flight distance : 4804705 ft
  • >>>
Portugal

Automate flights on M2ED ?? Can’t find a way

I use IOS App
2019-8-21
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
Flight distance : 312090263 ft
  • >>>

DeuceDriv3r Posted at 2018-11-9 06:26

but for iOS i can connect the iPhone to the controller and power up the controller and get into camera view.. it connects and  I can see settings etc until I power on the mavic pro.. then it goes to a grey screen and says incompatible model...

Didn't work with Mavic 2 Pro either.  Seems to be an IOS limitation that they didnt add to the Android version.  Which sucks.
2019-9-9
Use props
djiuser_DAIXNA3B93p8
New

Peru

Please make the DJI Pilot App available for the users of the Mavic 2 pro. I have a smart controller and it just feels useless since it cannot do anything except "fly and take pictures"
2020-1-7
Use props
Danial Nabil
lvl.1

Switzerland

why there is no mavic 2 pro camera listed in dji app pilot for drone mapping ?
2020-3-11
Use props
Lucas775
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

Danial Nabil Posted at 3-11 03:24

Good question, hopefully someone who is knowledgeable about this will chime in.
2020-3-11
Use props
djiuser_U3azqRJ22bk6
lvl.1

Canada

Has anyone tried the DJI go4 app with an Enterprise Zoom?
2020-10-29
Use props
xagoras
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1357589 ft
Greece

Danial Nabil Posted at 3-11 03:24

I don't think the M2P can fly with the Pilot app. Just the Enterprise and the Zoom.
2020-10-30
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules